• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Sonic Game

I've NEVER liked the Sonic games... so I pick Super Smash Bros Brawl :p
sonic-versus-mario-in-super-smash-bros-brawl-wii-screenshot.jpg

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'm on board with JJ here. He's right. It's like TV, sure the black and white box worked fine, but now we have slim HD TVs. Why would you go back? Because it's a thing of the past. It's not the same as when you first experienced it when it was new. You've already had better. Sonic Adventure was a great game according to the Dreamcast's standards. But I ain't playing Dreamcast anymore am I. If nothing ages, then why do we move on and continue to make things better? Because what we have is flawed compared to what we could have later. It's good right now because it's the best we got. It's like saying people are still as attractive as they were when they were younger. But then again, that's not the case for all games.

As for my favorite Sonic game it'll have to be between Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic the Hedgehog 3/Knuckles, or Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Colors and 4 were good but the others are just classics. I have yet to play Generations though.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm on board with JJ here. He's right. It's like TV, sure the black and white box worked fine, but now we have slim HD TVs. Why would you go back? Because it's a thing of the past. It's not the same as when you first experienced it when it was new. You've already had better. Sonic Adventure was a great game according to the Dreamcast's standards. But I ain't playing Dreamcast anymore am I. If nothing ages, then why do we move on and continue to make things better? Because what we have is flawed compared to what we could have later. It's good right now because it's the best we got. It's like saying people are still as attractive as they were when they were younger. But then again, that's not the case for all games.

That's a bit different. Black-and-White all that was available at the time, so it can be forvigen. It's not the fact that SA was on the Dreamcast. It's the fact that it didn't do things as well as it should have.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
[In reply to all who replied to me:]

Actually, I have Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut for Gamecube, and I don't think that's any different from the original Sonic Adventure.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
That's a bit different. Black-and-White all that was available at the time, so it can be forvigen. It's not the fact that SA was on the Dreamcast. It's the fact that it didn't do things as well as it should have.

Just an example, don't take it too serious. As long as you get the point is all that matters.

P

PokeOakly96

I don't know for sure which one is my favorite. Sonic 2 was the first one I've played, and I loved it to death.
I got Sonic Adventure DX for the GCN when I was 8 (2003) which I consider my "most impressionable" age, got Heroes the same year so that's a tie I've never been able to break.
Sonic Unleashed also struck a chord in me in 2008 because it was the first real "HD" Sonic, and I was absolutely mind blown by the graphics. But then by Sonic Generations the feeling of "omg this game looks good" wore off. (The same effect happened when I first played Super Mario Galaxy, was amazed by the graphics, but wore off by the time I played SMG2.)

Overall I'd say it's either Sonic Adventure DX or the Classic Sonic gameplay of Generations that's my favorite to play.

Sonic Adventure DX (for the gamecube). I love that game. Even Big the Cat doesn't really ruin it for me. That game was loads of awesomeness on top of piles of sweetness. The sequel was cool too, but something about the first one is just unbelievably fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom