• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Sonic Game

This is actually a very hard question for me to answer. It's a tie between Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Both are excellent games, but I think I'll go with Sonic 2, mainly because it was the first Sonic game I ever played.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Tied between Sonic Colors and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle……the chao gardens, man >::>

Last edited:
My favorite is Sonic adventure 2 Battle,but Generations seems to be the best,but I can't confirm since I haven't play yet.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
My favorite is a tie between Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Heroes. I have the fondest memories of those two games. Back when I still had the games, back before I ever even heard of Zelda, I used to play them all the time. I loved how different the story was when playing as different characters in Sonic Adventure, and I really loved the levels and soundtrack in Sonic Heroes. I just can't decide between those two.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
@HylianHero

Perfect Chaos....
Perfect Chaos.jpg
In Sonic Adventure DX's Video sequence o_O

Perfect Chaos.....
Perfect Chaos Generations.jpg
In Sonic Generations :right:

I know all of you guys will brutally murder me for saying this, but my favorite is Sonic Adventure. (Oh yeah I said it.) I have memories as a little kid, playing through the levels, exploring the three overworlds, and just having a lot of fun. I actually beat the Sonic and Knuckles storylines and got halfway through the Tails one when I was seven, so I laughed at the Game Informer guys when they were doing a replay of it and got stuck near the beginning of the game. :P

Well Sonic adventure is my second favorite Sonic game(my first is Sonic adventure 2) and there's nothing wrong with it,these 2 games were the best of Sonic to me and I'm sure a lot of people think that these were the best Sonic games as well.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Out of the ones I've played, Adventure 2. Once I get Generations, we'll see if that changes.

I know all of you guys will brutally murder me for saying this, but my favorite is Sonic Adventure. (Oh yeah I said it.) I have memories as a little kid, playing through the levels, exploring the three overworlds, and just having a lot of fun. I actually beat the Sonic and Knuckles storylines and got halfway through the Tails one when I was seven, so I laughed at the Game Informer guys when they were doing a replay of it and got stuck near the beginning of the game. :P

Sonic Adventure is one of those games that I'm sure was great when it was released, but it's terrible by today's standards. That game has not aged gracefully at all. I got it about 4 years back and expected it to be good, seeing as it was a DX, but...it wasn't. It was pretty cheesy, and the overworld it had just didn't cut it for a Sonic game if you ask me. Nothing personal against you or the game, I just don't find it all that great. It does have its bright moments, though.

for me, it's either between Sonic Generations or Sonic Generations 3DS.

You got both console and 3DS Generations?

Last edited:

Hanyou

didn't build that

As someone who grew up with the Sega Genesis, I...

...totally applaud you for that. My favorite Sonic games are Sonic 3 and Knuckles (of course!) and Sonic 2, but seriously, Sonic Adventure is third on my list. It's an amazingly good game, and it also deserves credit for bucking the trend of every platformer of its time. It didn't copy Super Mario 64 and carved out its own place in gaming history.

But Sonic 3 and Knuckles takes the cake for me. It's just a perfectly-designed game--it manages to balance speed, platforming, and exploration seamlessly. I love it.

Sonic Adventure is one of those games that I'm sure was great when it was released, but it's terrible by today's standards. That game has not aged gracefully at all. I got it about 4 years back and expected it to be good, seeing as it was a DX, but...it wasn't. It was pretty cheesy, and the overworld it had just didn't cut it for a Sonic game if you ask me. Nothing personal against you or the game, I just don't find it all that great. It does have its bright moments, though.

Sorry, but I don't buy into the view that art--games, movies, or music--can ever age. If Sonic Adventure was ever a good game, it still is. It can't have developed problems over the years--it's the same product it was in 1999.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Sorry, but I don't buy into the view that art--games, movies, or music--can ever age. If Sonic Adventure was ever a good game, it still is. It can't have developed problems over the years--it's the same product it was in 1999.

Hanyou, we all know your thoughts on games aging. They're not perishable fruit according to you. But you should also know that I don't think games aging means they get worse over time, as I mentioned that in your (ancient) thread about this topic. All I said was the game is terrible by today's standards, which it is. Some games keep their entertainment level over the years, while others don't. OoT and MM are perfect examples of games that haven't lost much of their flavor. Sonic Adventure isn't.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I don't remember that thread or your reply to it, but I think my statement still holds. Evaluating a game by changing standards is purely subjective, so no statements about a game's objective qualities can be made based on it. It's also presumptuous, since people have different standards and may well enjoy--or prefer--older gameplay styles.

I wasn't aware that anyone was familiar with my views on the subject, outside of a few people I've talked to.

I suppose a proper reply would have been that today's standards must be objectively terrible if a game as good as Sonic Adventure is subjectively judged to be terrible by them. In which case, Sonic Adventure is still a great game.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I suppose a proper reply would have been that today's standards must be objectively terrible if a game as good as Sonic Adventure is subjectively judged to be terrible by them. In which case, Sonic Adventure is still a great game.

Cheesy lines, poorly designed overworld, awful mouth movement, limited gameplay mechanics, lackluster level design (mainly Big and Knuckles)... There are plenty of things not too hot about the game. Despite the fact that a game can't change what it did upon release over time, things can still become horribly outdated, some to the point when played for the first time years after release it just seems like an embarrassment, such as the case with me. Sonic Adventure is the only game in the series that this has happened to. There are some positive things about it, but if it were to be released today, it'd be considered as much of a failure as most of the recent ones, if not worse. (Just look at the composite rating for the port version on the XBOX 360 Arcade. 49. Sure, that's port, but if it used the exact same mechanics, save the mouth movements, it'd probably get the same score.)

Last edited:

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
As someone who grew up with the Sega Genesis, I...

...totally applaud you for that. My favorite Sonic games are Sonic 3 and Knuckles (of course!) and Sonic 2, but seriously, Sonic Adventure is third on my list. It's an amazingly good game, and it also deserves credit for bucking the trend of every platformer of its time. It didn't copy Super Mario 64 and carved out its own place in gaming history.

Oops. You didn't understand what I meant. Sonic Adventure brought a storyline for each of six charcters: Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Big, Amy, and that one evil robot guy who's name escapes me. I was saying that I beat the Sonic storyline and I also beat the Knuckles storyline. I actually haven't played the game "Sonic and Knuckles".

Actually, I recently (within the last three months) went back and played it and it was still fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom