• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Sith

Sith's are the coolest thing about Star Wars (don't argue). Theyre the only interesting part of the series for me (cept Donnie Yen's blind ass-kicking would-be Jedi).

Theyre everywhere too, there's bloody loads of them, they appear in comics, video games, novels and of course, the movies.

But which Siths have been your favourite?

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
This may not be a popular opinion because this is a newer Sith Lord, but I think that he does a great job. He really has the whole evil look down, and his background made him just the perfect fit for the role. J.J. Abrams, you've done it again!

rehost%2F2016%2F10%2F5%2F5e3bab40-eea7-4105-83ac-86f1e1324acf.jpg

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Sith's are the coolest thing about Star Wars (don't argue). Theyre the only interesting part of the series for me (cept Donnie Yen's blind ass-kicking would-be Jedi).

Theyre everywhere too, there's bloody loads of them, they appear in comics, video games, novels and of course, the movies.

But which Siths have been your favourite?

Siths are definitely the coolest thing about star wars! I am glad I am not the only one that KNOWS it.

My favourite is Darth Sidious. He is the most powerful sith in the canon and actually succeeded in his plan to rule the entire galaxy. He is an expert manipulator and an all round great villain.

My second favourite is Darth Nihilus. He looks cool and has an unquenchable hunger for the force, even devouring whole planets to feed his hunger.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I kinda hate the books. They're taken as canon, but in fact, are not, and I think it's a little annoying when people call that a part of the series...

Darth Maul for Looks and his epic Lightsaber

Darth Vader comes in 2nd for looks, but he is in first overall. I mean, he's pretty badass. I need to rewatch the original 6...

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I don't even like the very concept of sith. Star Wars is dual morality enough without there being a special club for baddies. I just kinda like the idea of Jedi going rogue like was just kinda implied with Vader before the whole concept of the sith started coming about. I mean Jedi are like wizard samurai so a rogue jedi would basically be like ronin. Not even necessarily evil just using the force for things outside the order's control and not always the sort of stuff they'd approve of. But no, there's a whole empire of these sith guys apparently locked in eternal struggle with the galaxy or some such. Go figure?

Anwyay, even though I know nothing about him Darth Maul is the most disappointing enigmatic Sith. I mean he was one of the few cool looking things that came out of Ep.1. He's so sinister and mysterious I wonder what this guy's all about... oh look he's already dead. That's okay!! We still have umpteen quadrillion novels and comics and cartoons and a cancelled game to talk about!!

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
This may not be a popular opinion because this is a newer Sith Lord, but I think that he does a great job. He really has the whole evil look down, and his background made him just the perfect fit for the role. J.J. Abrams, you've done it again!

rehost%2F2016%2F10%2F5%2F5e3bab40-eea7-4105-83ac-86f1e1324acf.jpg
1485138742041.jpg

Personally, I like Starkiller, Darth Vader's apprentice, before the he was made non cannon

Darth Malgus is just a baddass mofo. Really wish that Disney would just make The Old Republic Era canon. I would also love to see TOR era in games such as Star Wars Battlefront 3 or something, but for now the only game we have is that MMORPG which is actually fun.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I think The Emperor is the best sith in the films. Darth Maul was cool for his devil-like look, dual lightsaber, and epic fighting skills, but was ultimately wasted as a character. He should have had an arc throughout the prequel trilogy and then be ultimately defeated by Anakin in Revenge of the Sith as a test of strength. Then, they could do all that extra bull**** with his character in the comics and cartoons.

As much as I like Vader too, I can't help but feel like he's an inconsistent and muddled character. He wasn't that great of a character in the original trilogy aside from his look, voice, and constant force choking. But other than that, his character isn't really that interesting and his great power and skill isn't really showcased either. What they did with him in the prequels was both good and bad but his overall character doesn't make sense. Anakin and Vader almost feel like 2 completely different people with different motivations. Having him just suddenly put the gear on just doesn't feel like enough because he was still such a different guy moments before that. We need to see a better transition from Anakin to Vader, so that we can understand what his goals are and why he is the way he is in the original trilogy.

The Emperor on the other hand had a clear cut story in the prequels and was an enigma in the original trilogy. We saw just enough of him, but there's still a lot I'd like to learn about his character which makes him way more interesting than the other 2 guys. Darth Maul and Darth Vader may be cool, but The Emperor is a lot creepier.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I've got to pull the Bane card because he makes it easy to explain why Force users are superior to other popular characters in other media. "Yeah, the Force can destroy planets so there's that." I also really enjoyed the Children of the Jedi series (I think that's what it was called) and since Jacen becomes Darth Krayt, he counts. I've always felt that dark Jedi were more engaging than sith though.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Probably one of the most powerful in the Star Wars universe, and most certainly my favorite, is Darth Revan.

Anyone who played the original Knights of the Old Republic games will understand why I love Revan but I'll go into it more myself. Revan was a powerful Jedi in the Old Republic Era. Going against the will of the Jedi council, Revan fought in the Mandalorian Wars with the republic and lead the Republic to victory. Revan and his friend, Malak, rose through the ranks quickly, eventually gaining command over the entire republic navy. At the end of the war, Revan single handedly fought and defeated Mandalore, the leader of the Mandalorians, leading the war to it's end. Revan his Mandalore's mask in a tomb on Korriban and began passing with teachings to those who fought with him in the wars.

Revan and his apprentice, Malak, then started a war with the republic. The two declared themselves the new Sith lords, overthrew the sith emperor on Korriban and took the planet for their with academy. Nearly all the soldiers under their command in the Mandalorian Wars stayed loyal to Revan, not trusting the Jedi who sat and did nothing to help while their republic was falling. Revan and Malak started what would become known as the Jedi Civil War. Most civilians didn't know which side was which, as Revan and Malak were seen as heroes of the republic and the war was mostly fought between Revan and Malak's new Sith empire and the Jedi order. Those who were no longer loyal to the new Sith lords felt betrayed by the hero they fought side by side with in the Mandalorian Wars.

Revan and Malak had an advantage in this war that the Jedi order did not know about noe could they keep up with. The Star Forge. A space station that used the power of stars to creating near infinite numbers of droids and ships etc. that were needed to fight the republic. Revan and Malak almost defeated the Jedi and the republic, but Malak had laid a trap for his friend and master that he hoped would end up defeating both his master and a troublesome commander in the Jedi order, Bastilla Shan, a user of the battle meditation force technique that could boost morale and aid large armies through use of the force, helping them win battles normally thought impossible. Bastilla confronted Revan on his ship, and while they were fighting, Malak had his ship fire upon Revan's ship, resulting in near fatal injuries to Revan. Revan was brought back to the Jedi enclave on Dantooine and healed, then his mind was reprogrammed to make him think he was a loyal soldier of the republic under Bastilla's command.

Memories don't stay under wraps for too long, however. In Knights of the Old Republic, you play as Revan, slowing regaining your memories through the game. At some point all that happened is revealed to you and it's a rather cool moment. But there's a dark side ending and a light side ending. For this, I'll keep going into Revan's history with the dark side ending.

Eventually Revan gains his memories back and learns that Malak betrayed him. Bastilla ends up captured and then turned to the dark side, Malak's new apprentice. Revan and his new allies find their way to the Star forge to confront Malak, bring him down and reclaim his spot as Sith Lord. Gaining Bastilla as an ally, turning her against Malak as Revan's new apprentice, Revan takes Malak down and uses the Star forge to continue the war against the republic, with the aid of Bastilla's battle meditation.

4931230-darth+revan.png

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Probably one of the most powerful in the Star Wars universe, and most certainly my favorite, is Darth Revan.

Anyone who played the original Knights of the Old Republic games will understand why I love Revan but I'll go into it more myself. Revan was a powerful Jedi in the Old Republic Era. Going against the will of the Jedi council, Revan fought in the Mandalorian Wars with the republic and lead the Republic to victory. Revan and his friend, Malak, rose through the ranks quickly, eventually gaining command over the entire republic navy. At the end of the war, Revan single handedly fought and defeated Mandalore, the leader of the Mandalorians, leading the war to it's end. Revan his Mandalore's mask in a tomb on Korriban and began passing with teachings to those who fought with him in the wars.

Revan and his apprentice, Malak, then started a war with the republic. The two declared themselves the new Sith lords, overthrew the sith emperor on Korriban and took the planet for their with academy. Nearly all the soldiers under their command in the Mandalorian Wars stayed loyal to Revan, not trusting the Jedi who sat and did nothing to help while their republic was falling. Revan and Malak started what would become known as the Jedi Civil War. Most civilians didn't know which side was which, as Revan and Malak were seen as heroes of the republic and the war was mostly fought between Revan and Malak's new Sith empire and the Jedi order. Those who were no longer loyal to the new Sith lords felt betrayed by the hero they fought side by side with in the Mandalorian Wars.

Revan and Malak had an advantage in this war that the Jedi order did not know about noe could they keep up with. The Star Forge. A space station that used the power of stars to creating near infinite numbers of droids and ships etc. that were needed to fight the republic. Revan and Malak almost defeated the Jedi and the republic, but Malak had laid a trap for his friend and master that he hoped would end up defeating both his master and a troublesome commander in the Jedi order, Bastilla Shan, a user of the battle meditation force technique that could boost morale and aid large armies through use of the force, helping them win battles normally thought impossible. Bastilla confronted Revan on his ship, and while they were fighting, Malak had his ship fire upon Revan's ship, resulting in near fatal injuries to Revan. Revan was brought back to the Jedi enclave on Dantooine and healed, then his mind was reprogrammed to make him think he was a loyal soldier of the republic under Bastilla's command.

Memories don't stay under wraps for too long, however. In Knights of the Old Republic, you play as Revan, slowing regaining your memories through the game. At some point all that happened is revealed to you and it's a rather cool moment. But there's a dark side ending and a light side ending. For this, I'll keep going into Revan's history with the dark side ending.

Eventually Revan gains his memories back and learns that Malak betrayed him. Bastilla ends up captured and then turned to the dark side, Malak's new apprentice. Revan and his new allies find their way to the Star forge to confront Malak, bring him down and reclaim his spot as Sith Lord. Gaining Bastilla as an ally, turning her against Malak as Revan's new apprentice, Revan takes Malak down and uses the Star forge to continue the war against the republic, with the aid of Bastilla's battle meditation.

View attachment 38674

I know it's fair game at this point but in case anyone reads this before Libk's post, KOTOR spoilers lie therein. My wife has been playing through KOTOR, sheplayed last night, in fact. Almost finished. I love watching someone play a great game they've never before played.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Definitely Sidious. He has been mysterious and very powerful and his presence alone make you go quiet. I always enjoy whenever he is in the movies or is named. Maybe the actor did a great job (which he absolutely did) but Sidious is my most fav Sith ever.

Misty

Ronin
Darth Bane. Loved the books. Doesn't feel like a lot of the others have as much depth as him. Don't get me wrong, all of them are decent, he just always stood out to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom