• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite school/college subject?

Language arts and writing have always been my strongest subjects in school, but I'm going to have to say I agree with you both. My favorite subjects are the social sciences, which is ironic because I HATE people.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
My favourite subjects in high school (aside from band) were the two science courses I took, Chemistry and Biology.

I was never really good at Bio, but I found every aspect of it fascinating, Chemistry I was decent at, and I also found it fascinating.

Close second is Law.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Business and Geography.

I love these two subjects and everything they branch off into. Business is such a useful topic to learn about because it's basically everywhere. When you're working, you're working on a business. When you go shopping, you're shopping in a business. It's a great tool in general to have knowledge of, even if it's basic. It's fascinating to know the ins and outs of how businesses actually work from financial aspects to marketing, from leadership to recruitment. Me personally, I've always loved the idea of managing a business or setting up my own one day. The satisfaction of taking an idea in its vanilla stage and expanding to potentially become a profitable and beneficial business is such a satisfying goal for me to one day achieve.

Geography, on the other hand, is something I was always gifted in to some degree. It's been an interest I've wanted to pursue ever since I was a kid, whereas Business was a later goal. Geography in itself is such a wide diverse subject that's it's hard to explain everything that's great about it, but I just find all of it incredibly interesting (well like 90%). I also like the fact that if you go into a career (whatever branch it may be) that you can be potentially impacting the world for the better.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Math, because I've always had a head for logical subjects like it, and I really enjoy solving problems

Programming, for similar reasons, I had a lot of fun playing with code

English, or at least the learning the language part of it. I've since continued learning it on my own through a lot of writing and reading, but it's the only language-based subject that I properly enjoyed and mastered.

Art, I love being artistic, whether it's drawing, painting, sculpting, crafting. I love doing creative stuff

Claire

The Geekette
I was always interested in the physical and social sciences in school. The best thing about college is that I've been able to explore these interests more.

I'm studying for a B.S. in Environmental, Geographical, and Geological Sciences. While I'm keen on Geology, I'm absolutely in love with the environmental and geographical sciences. Sustainability and resilience are my primary interest. I use a GIS to conduct flood analysis, environmental risk assessments, and look at trends in temperature data and impervious surfaces in urban areas. In order to properly take on these issues, you must balance and consider both the physical dimensions of natural and technological hazards, climate change, and land cover/use change along with the social aspects that play a role in shaping our environment and the resilience of our communities.

Huge ramble, but I get excited about it!

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Even though I'm doing Computer Science now, I actually hated all my IT lessons in school.

My favourite subjects were either History or Law. They were both really interesting, honestly, and I think I would have enjoyed History even more with a better choice in what we had to do our big essay on. The Treaty of Versailles, why can't we just bump ahead a few years and do it on World War 2? Would have been so much better. But yeah, really enjoyed those classes, nerded it up to the absolute maximum.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Math. Not because I'm good at it or anything, but because it's challenging sometimes. And when you solve a problem it just feels so good.

I'm planning on taking a programming class either next year or Senior year so I'm looking forward to that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom