• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Quotes Thread

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Inspired by @DekuNut 's thread for Inspirational Quotes, I decided to take it one step further because there are so many great quotes out there which I love but don't necessarily exist to 'inspire'. So if you have some favourites, share them here!

So first of all I have to raid the Oscar Wilde bank because he has so many great ones:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go"

"Always forgive your enemies- nothing annoys them so much"

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth"

"What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing"

And then there's these:

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals" - Sirius Black, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

"Of course it's happening inside your head, Harry, but why on Earth should that mean it's not real
?" - Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. (I remember applying this to myself when I was severely depressed and it really helped)

"The worst day of loving someone is the day that you lose them"
Elena Gilbert, The Vampire Diaries

"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth you might as well use two feet" - Keith Richards

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'll just copy over the quotes from my sig that I didn't put in the other thread. I'll throw more quotes on here later

"If I had no sense of humor, I would have long ago committed suicide" -Mahatma Gandhi
"Everything is funny, so long as it happens to someone else" -Will Rogers
"I'm just like anyone. I cut and I bleed. And I embarrass easily" -Michael Jackson
"In politics, stupidity is not a handicap" -Napoleon Bonaparte
"My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me" -Anthony Hopkins
"To live... That would be a great adventure" -Robin Williams
"Ego? I just know I'm awesome, that's all" -Sonic the Hedgehog
"No one is afraid of everything, but everyone is afraid of something" -Gaijin Goomba

Stitch

AKA Patrick
The most important piece of advice I've ever received
Rogers.jpg

Blade: There are worse things out tonight than vampires.

Dr. Karen Jenson: Like what?

Blade: Like me.

Batman: Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

G-Man: The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Poncho: You're bleeding, man. You're hit.

Blain: I ain't got time to bleed.

Dutch: If it bleeds, we can kill it.

Billy: I'm scared Poncho.

Poncho: Bull****. You ain't afraid of no man.

Billy: There's something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die.

Man Predator is so Frickin bad a$$ I swear to god.

Dwayne T. Robinson: You listen to me, you little asshole, I'm...
John McClane: Asshole? I'm not the one who just got butt-****ed on national TV, *Dwayne*. Now, you listen to me, jerk-off, if you're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the problem. Quit being a part of the ****ing problem and put the other guy back on!

Supervisor: [as McClane tries to call up police] Attention, whoever you are, this channel is reserved for emergency calls only.

John McClane: No ****ing ****, lady. Does it sound like I'm ordering a pizza?

Mason Storm: I missed! I never miss! They must have been smaller than I thought!

And for the lawls:
Johnny Murata: Kenner, just in case we get killed, I wanted to tell you, you have the biggest dick I've ever seen on a man.

Chris Kenner: [nods] Thanks. I don't know what to say.

Johnny Murata: How about "Don't get killed"?

Chris Kenner: Don't get killed.

Johnny Murata: You too.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
"There's nothing behind me. I'm a witcher, I'd have heard it. Just like I can hear your heart. Which is pounding... Like a liar's."
--The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Geralt of Rivia.

"No man is so evil as to be beyond redemption." - Ghandi.

"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness." - Desmond Tutu.

"When a deep injury is done us, we never recover until we forgive." - Alan Paton.

I love redemption arcs so much (I can understand why it's such a popular genre in movies, TV series, video games, comics, manga and fanfiction and I definitely have a huge soft spot for it myself) that I can never resist a good fanfic with a redemption arc. In fact I have an AO3 collection with a ton of fanfics that are redemption arcs in it (278 ones written by other fi writers that I bookmarked, recced and added to my collection, and 28 that I wrote myself and posted to my collection).

Also I've seen "real life" redemption arcs. Stories about reformed past criminals who have atoned for their past wrong, helped made the world a better place and helped improved the lives of other people. I love those stories.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
"No man is so evil as to be beyond redemption." - Ghandi.

"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness." - Desmond Tutu.

"When a deep injury is done us, we never recover until we forgive." - Alan Paton.

I love redemption arcs so much (I can understand why it's such a popular genre in movies, TV series, video games, comics, manga and fanfiction and I definitely have a huge soft spot for it myself) that I can never resist a good fanfic with a redemption arc. In fact I have an AO3 collection with a ton of fanfics that are redemption arcs in it (278 ones written by other fi writers that I bookmarked, recced and added to my collection, and 28 that I wrote myself and posted to my collection).

Also I've seen "real life" redemption arcs. Stories about reformed past criminals who have atoned for their past wrong, helped made the world a better place and helped improved the lives of other people. I love those stories.
Like that uhh machete actor dude?? And i was gonna say summat like that groose!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom