• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Quotes From Movies/TV Shows/Books

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I'm not sure if a thread like this exists but I thought we should have a place where we can post some of our favourite lines and quotes from movies and TV shows and books.

Here are some that come to mind immediately, though I'm sure I'll be back to post more later as time goes on:

"Me? I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest- honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for, 'cause you never know when they're gonna do something incredibly stupid" - Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" - Rhett Butler, Gone With The Wind

"Yippee kai-yay mother****er" John McClure, Die Hard

"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV" - Rick Sanchez, Rick and Morty

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals" - Sirius Black, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

"All get what they want; they do not always like it" - Aslan, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

"Choosers will be beggars if the begging's not their choosing" - The Disreputable Dog, Lirael

"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people" - Super Hans, Peep Show

"I stopped believing in God when I realised it was just dog spelt backwards" - Neil, The Inbetweeners

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
The Martian (Novel):

JPL: Good, keep us posted on any mechanical or electronic problems. By the way, the name of the probe we’re sending is Iris. Named after the Greek goddess who traveled the heavens with the speed of wind. She’s also the goddess of rainbows.
WATNEY: Gay probe coming to save me. Got it.

D

Deleted member 14134

“Every man has his excuses, and the more vile the man becomes, the more touching the story has to be. What is my story now, I wonder?” - Sand Dan Glokta, The First Law Trilogy

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones

“I have learned all kinds of things from my many mistakes. The one thing I never learn is to stop making them.” - Logen Ninefingers, Last Argument of Kings

“Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.” -Geralt of Rivia, The Last Wish

“There are no men like me. There's only me” -Jamie Lannister, A Clash of Kings

"Hodor" -Hodor, A Song of Ice and Fire

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
"It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men. And this in turn has given rise to the belief that there are no Dwarf-women, and that Dwarves just spring out of holes in the ground! Which is of course ridiculous" - Gimli, The Two Towers

"Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king. I'll make sure you understand that when I've won your war for you.- Tywin Lannister, Game of Thrones

" Yes, I know. I lied when I said that. I mean, I'm a liar. I lie all the time. Lie, lie, lie. After all these years, you'd think he'd figure it out by now." - Capricorn, Inheart

" I will raise these orphans as if they were actually wanted" - Count Olaf, A series of Unfortunate Events

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf, The Fellowship of the Ring

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
"Always" - Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Just because I tell you things doesn't mean you're allowed to know them!" - Caroline Forbes, The Vampire Diaries

"if all else perished and he remained, I should continue to be. And if all else remained and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger" - Cathy Earnshaw, Wuthering Heights

"In a closed society where everyone is guilty the only crime is getting caught. In a society of thieves the final crime is stupidity" - Hunter S Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

"We can't allow our hearts to be louder than our reason" - Chibs, Sons of Anarchy

Last edited:

Feverish

Source of stink
Kliest: [in German; subtitled] Mein Führer, do you still wish to see Private Butz?
Adolf Hitler: [in German] Who and what is a "Private Butz"? -Inglorious Basterds

NastyLesley

Goth catboy thingy
"We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will not reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own reward."
-Lieutenant Commander Data, Star Trek TNG

"With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."
-Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek TNG

"If you can't do something smart, do something right."
-Shepherd Derrial Book/Jayne Cobb, Firefly/Serenity

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love."
-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom