• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Metroid Game?

Which is your favourite metroid game?

• Metroid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metroid 2

• Super Metroid

• Metroid Prime

• Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

• Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

• Metroid Prime Hunters

• Metroid Fushion

• Metroid Zero Mission

• Im too stubborn to even give it a try

• Total voters

DreamDevourer

Born to Fail
Why couldn't Metroid Prime Trilogy have been an option? I don't want to single the other two Prime games out... :-)

All of the Metroid games are incredible, but Metroid Prime really stands out. Along comes a new studio out of nowhere and takes one of Nintendo's established franchises and turns it into something new and amazing while retaining the things and feel that made the series great in the first place. Retro Studios did an amazing job, and I still haven't found every missle expansion.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I played a little more of Metroid Prime I: Trilogy Edition recently and my votes have shifted. Now my favorite is Metroid Prime I: Trilogy Edition, but I'm almost sure that will change when I play the other Metroid games such as Super Metroid and the original Metroid... although I'm kind of nervous about how I'll do in the NES Metroid. I've seen videos of it and it makes AoL look like a walk through the park.

I'm kind of nervous about how I'll do in the NES Metroid. I've seen videos of it and it makes AoL look like a walk through the park.

Oh man, you're in for a wild ride. Metroid is way harder than the Zelda series could ever hope to be back in the day, and Zelda in its current form is no where near touching THAT difficulty. Best advice I can give you is don't be scared to act like a coward and camp out near the enemy re-spawn pipes just to get your energy back up. Or you could use the infamous Justin Bailey to skip everything.
Super Metroid walks the fine line though. It can be crazy difficult at some parts (damn you Maridia....) but it's a good pace. I guess I'm going for that one as my favorite, just over Zero Mission and Prime 3.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Oh man, you're in for a wild ride. Metroid is way harder than the Zelda series could ever hope to be back in the day, and Zelda in its current form is no where near touching THAT difficulty. Best advice I can give you is don't be scared to act like a coward and camp out near the enemy re-spawn pipes just to get your energy back up. Or you could use the infamous Justin Bailey to skip everything.
Super Metroid walks the fine line though. It can be crazy difficult at some parts (damn you Maridia....) but it's a good pace. I guess I'm going for that one as my favorite, just over Zero Mission and Prime 3.

Thanks for the advice. I already know the enemy respawn pipe trick from Zero Mission, but thanks anyway.

I seriously need to get some Wii Points for those games. :lol:

octorok74

TETTAC
My favorite is Metroid Prime 2, because I like the variety of creatures in the game. Corruption was my next vote, because going into hypermode rocked. Fusion comes in a close third only because I had a hard time defeating the SA-X, which made me laugh.

Well, I finally beat a Metroid game. And that was the first Metroid, though I think I still like Fusion more, but I think I'm liking Prime Hunters the best.

although I'm kind of nervous about how I'll do in the NES Metroid. I've seen videos of it and it makes AoL look like a walk through the park.
It does make AoL a walkthrough the park. Just remember when you get to Kraid, you're going to need the Ice Beam and missiles... lots of them. Ridley is a walk through the park if you can time your jumps. You'll also be in a big surprise when you get to Tourian. I suggest Ice beam for that part as well.
Oh man, you're in for a wild ride. Metroid is way harder than the Zelda series could ever hope to be back in the day, and Zelda in its current form is no where near touching THAT difficulty. Best advice I can give you is don't be scared to act like a coward and camp out near the enemy re-spawn pipes just to get your energy back up.
Yes, Zelda's difficulty cannot compare to Metroid. I don't know how many times I was stuck going back to the room before you fight Kraid and wait for that one enemy to respawn so I can kill it and get my energy back. I haven't played Zero Mission yet so I can't compare Kraid in the first Metroid and him in Zero Mission.

W

wahaneebelly

My favroite Metroid is Super Metroid. which is one of the very few Metroid games that I've bothered to playand Gamplay
where good of thats all i have playde so far and i know i dont need more to like the Metroid series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom