• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite media items you own

Have there been any media items (dvds, blu rays, CDs etc) that youve been really happy to own?

Was it a special edition or limited pressing? Did it have a lot of rare features etc? Have you had it signed?

Or is there just a normal item that means the world to you?

Example, I recently nabbed this and it made me so happy.

kairopulsearrowcover.png

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Dragonball Evolution DVD's for me. I aim to build the largest collection in the world and with each new copy I own, my happiness increases further.

I don't believe most people deserve to see this film but I sometimes give them away for Christmas presents to a select few. Sometimes meticulously resealing them into the boxes of DVDs that my friends really want so they have an even better surprise when they open their gifts.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I have a copy of evanescence origin on CD. It wasn't released in UK so had to get sent over from USA. What makes it special to me is that my grandad knew how much I wanted it and gave me the money for my birthday to order it.

My CD collection is small, but that just means each item in it has meaning to me rather than just cluttering it up with stuff I don't really care about. Quality over quantity, right? As for my favorites, three in particular come to mind; the first two being signed copies of CDs from two smallish bands I really adore, the third being the soundtrack to a game.

Icon for Hire's third studio album, YOU CAN'T KILL US, was their first to be done independently after their record label screwed them over and made them bankrupt. They started a kickstarter campaign for their third album since they really had nothing and it was like the only kickstarter thing I've ever done, but I was super thrilled to be involved in some way? Seems cheesy, but they're one of my favorite bands of all time, so yeah, it was an obligation on my part. All the backers got signed and individually numbered physical copies of the album. I love it.
8d8e58a0f2.jpg

On the other hand, Seraphim's Tabula Rasa EP is probably one of my favorites of all time. It's an interesting concept EP but it has so much power and emotion behind it and it's an absolute masterpiece, in my opinion. I'm really proud to have a physical (and signed) copy of it.
9ab307406f.jpg

Also this because I love this game and its soundtrack and physical game soundtracks give me life especially if it's for games that I love that also happen to have good soundtracks.
a53fdab07b.jpg

depending on if i get what i want for christmas i might have to make another post

My CD collection is small, but that just means each item in it has meaning to me rather than just cluttering it up with stuff I don't really care about. Quality over quantity, right? As for my favorites, three in particular come to mind; the first two being signed copies of CDs from two smallish bands I really adore, the third being the soundtrack to a game.

Icon for Hire's third studio album, YOU CAN'T KILL US, was their first to be done independently after their record label screwed them over and made them bankrupt. They started a kickstarter campaign for their third album since they really had nothing and it was like the only kickstarter thing I've ever done, but I was super thrilled to be involved in some way? Seems cheesy, but they're one of my favorite bands of all time, so yeah, it was an obligation on my part. All the backers got signed and individually numbered physical copies of the album. I love it.
8d8e58a0f2.jpg

On the other hand, Seraphim's Tabula Rasa EP is probably one of my favorites of all time. It's an interesting concept EP but it has so much power and emotion behind it and it's an absolute masterpiece, in my opinion. I'm really proud to have a physical (and signed) copy of it.
9ab307406f.jpg

Also this because I love this game and its soundtrack and physical game soundtracks give me life especially if it's for games that I love that also happen to have good soundtracks.
a53fdab07b.jpg

depending on if i get what i want for christmas i might have to make another post

I keep almost giving Dragon 3 a go but then i end up buying other things instead. I havent heard much opinion on it though.

I keep almost giving Dragon 3 a go but then i end up buying other things instead. I havent heard much opinion on it though.
The soundtrack is solid af. The story itself was interesting enough and I thought it had a cool atmosphere. And it was really fun to play, although the ending was bit of a letdown imo. It was one of those games that had a lot of momentum going and sort of just cuts off weirdly at the end. But I still enjoyed it nonetheless. One of my favorite 3DS titles. If you wanna give it a try, you probably could wait for an eshop sale maybe. I kind of took a shot in the dark getting it because the demo was kind of lame.

The soundtrack is solid af. The story itself was interesting enough and I thought it had a cool atmosphere. And it was really fun to play, although the ending was bit of a letdown imo. It was one of those games that had a lot of momentum going and sort of just cuts off weirdly at the end. But I still enjoyed it nonetheless. One of my favorite 3DS titles. If you wanna give it a try, you probably could wait for an eshop sale maybe. I kind of took a shot in the dark getting it because the demo was kind of lame.

Yeah i tried the demo and thought it was meh but i tried thr Ever Oasis demo too and thought that was meh but ended up loving the full game.

I'll try it if i see it cheap :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom