• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Favourite Link "design"

Punktion2

The Everchosen
In each zelda game(except MM and OOT), Link has a new look/design to fit the art style of the game. For example, a cel shaded young link in wind waker and a more realistic link in TP, then the combination of the two in SS. Which Link, out of all the games, do you think is the best. I really like Link in SS. SS art style is awesome :D

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
"Realistic" Link

242iw6w.png

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Twilight-Princess-Link.jpg

Definitely Link from Twilight Princess. He is probably the most realistic version we have seen today and in most scenes and concept arts he actually looks like a hero, fitting his role perfectly. Also I loved his facial expressions in game especially the Colin scene as well as the ending scene were he smiles at Midna inher true form. Plus the kid got some rock hard abs!

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
In each zelda game(except MM and OOT), Link has a new look/design to fit the art style of the game.

Well, technically the Link from the Oracle games have the same design, so it's not just the Zelda N64s by themselves. Know what I mean?

For me it;s a tough choice. But I'd have to go with the Cel-Stlye Link. Some people epically fail at trying to make cel-shaded characters, but Nintendo does a great job at it.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
Even though it's noncanon, ^
That is basically HD OoT Link in a nutshell (you can tell because blond hair instead of dirty blond like in TP)

I'm pretty sure it was meant to be TP's Link. He has the same designed tunic, hat, and hairstyle from TP. He has chain-mail, which TP's link had. He also has a TP style Master Sword. He has arm-guards too-which TP link had but OoT link did not. And he has the TP hylian shield, not the OoT one. But yeah, he is definitely my favorite link, even if he is noncanon :)

Last edited:

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I prefer the OoT Adult Link on the N64. He looks like a real man for once. Don't get me wrong, I love TP. I simply like the older designs better.

Out of all the Links, my favorite is twilight princess Link. I love the coloring in this game and Link looks like he could be real and not in the game. Twilight Princess is also hot :pikalove:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Even though it's noncanon, ^
That is basically HD OoT Link in a nutshell (you can tell because blond hair instead of dirty blond like in TP)

Um, no. I mean, yeah, his hair is lighter than in TP, but asides from "Navi", there is not a single thing to suggest that it's a greater looking OoT Link. He looks identical to TP Link with a slightly more slender face and smaller eyes. He even has the same voice and uses the TP equipment, including the Clawshot and Gale Boomerang over the OoT Hookshot and regular Boomerang. One could theorise that it isn't any particular Link but instead a general Link or the merging of several Links to represent the Zelda universe. Bottom line, though, is that it isn't OoT Link.

At least we can both agree that Brawl Link is the greatest looking so far.
3328nk7.png

TP Link>SSBB Link IMO... Idk, SSBB Link looks too European with the very blonde hair and very white skin. TP Link has darker hair and (I think?) slightly darker skin. He's hot <3

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I definitely like the designs of the Adult Links better than the Child Links anyday. He looks so much more like a hero of legend when he's an adult than a kid.

All 3 are very close to each other in terms of appeal, so I'm not gonna bash one over the other. Still, it's gonna be a tie between OoT Adult Link and SS Link, the first because of a huge nostalgia factor and the other because he's simply the most expressive Link I've seen yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom