• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite gameplay gimmicks

Gameplay gimmicks are important in video games, if they're fun then they can give a game a hook to intrigue the masses.

One of my favourite gameplay gimmicks is the 'tagging' mechanic in Gunvolt, it gives the game a unique feel and it's a lot of fun to use.

What are some of your favourite gameplay gimmicks in gaming?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
The glory kill mechanic in Doom (2016). That's how pre-animated finishes should be done, fast, to the point, and doesn't break the break neck pace of the combat.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Mark and execute from Splinter Cell: Conviction and Blacklist. I know people give the mechanic sh*t because it makes stealth cheap, but I disagree. I think the games are clearly designed with the feature in mind and so it doesn't really make the game easier, just more fun.

It takes skill to master it and use it properly as opposed to using it because you can but then alerting everyone and getting yourself into a shootout, which makes the game harder but can still be fun if you know what you're doing. It's just such a satisfying mechanic. If they were to ever make a proper John Wick game, mark and execute would be the perfect mechanic for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom