• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite GameBoy?

Which of these GameBoys is your favourite?

GameBoy
GameBoy Pocket
GameBoy Light
GameBoy Colour
GameBoy Advanced
GameBoy Advanced SP
GameBoy Micro

Last edited:
Gameboy Advanced would have to be my favorite, because of the sentimental value associated with it. My GBA and I have been through so much together, and I played so many games on it. Dragon Ball Z , Pokemon, and Yoshi's Island were among my favorites. I also played Link's Awakening for the first time on my GBA, so yeah... Good times.

Gameboy Color is in close second.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, the best is definitely the SP. It had the best of both worlds: great portability and a decently large screen. To this day, I still play it every once in a while.

The GameBoy Advanced and GameBoy Micro come in at my runner-ups. However, because of the Advanced's wideness and the Micro's small screen and inability to play GameBoy Color games, they can't compare to the SP.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
GameBoy Advance! I have it and always wanted an SP but I got a DS instead. :) I have so much nostalgia with the GBA; I was too young for a Color or original, so one of my first gaming systems was the GBA. Pokemon Ruby, Yoshi's Island, Pokemon Pinball, Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town...ahh! The memories! *gets teary-eyed*

C

Cellyra

Game boy pocket.

Yeah, the screen was barely visible. Yeah i blew so many money in batteries that I could have bought 3 consoles. But at the time, that thing was awesome. I had it in 1998, with the game boy camera and the printer. It was like having a digital camera before it was cool, and we felt awesome, even if the image quality was crap. We could take photos and have it on paper 2 minutes later, that was never seen before.
Besides the game were so cheap that for 30 francs (5 bucks) you could buy a game, and a decent game. I will never forget Mario Land 2.

2 years later, when Nintendo released pictures about the GBA, I was thiking "I WANT IT" but it was way too expensive and had to wait 7 years before getting one. That's why I won't say that the GBA is my favorite, because for me, GBA means 7 years of frustration :3

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Game Boy Advance SP because it had a lit up screen and the best overall design. I've spent hours dedicated to thing, and I still play it today.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I'm going with the Gameboy Color. I never had the original Gameboy, but I did the Color one and it just brings the games back to its roots and I enjoyed that.

Ahh the awesome feeling that it nostalgia.

It so cool listening to what other people say about these consoles

I'm not sure why but I think there is a certain charm and appeal to older games.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
My favorite GameBoy system would have to be the original GameBoy Advance. I still have mine from release night back when I was 6 (it was pink because I didn't want to wait a few days for the shipment of grey GBAs to come in), and it works beautifully. The only downside is the lack of a backlight, but I like how far apart the buttons are spaced out, unlike the GameBoy Advance SP, in addition to the much larger screen.

I haven't truly played with everything else, but I have messed around with the other systems, so my other system of choice would have to be the GameBoy Color. The screen was large, and unlike the original GameBoy, it only used 2 AA batteries. Plus, the original GameBoy systems had access to a camera (which wasn't seen again until the DSi), a printer (never seen again), and rumble (last used on the DS/DS Lite) for Pinball games built INTO the cartridge.

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
Gameboy Advanced SP. It would play the GameBoy, GameBoy Advanced, and GameBoy Colour games, plus it had backlighting and a was more portable than the others. However, I would also say the GameBoy Pocket, since it was my first.

Nothing can beat the GameBoy Advance SP. First off, you have the GameBoy Advance system as it first began... a portable 32-bit console. At least for me, the notion was mindblowing, and I've consistently, including to this day, seriously dug the visuals on GBA games. The SP was the same thing, but with the sleekest, tightest, most perfect design for any handheld console ever. I really can't get over the design. Sleek, stylish, small, and with everything that was the GBA packed onto it. Very nice. Only thing it was missing was the speaker jack, as I see it anyway. It was also the first handheld console that I was aware of to have a backlit screen, which is now a necessity.

My favorite Nintendo console is now the original DS, for a variety of other reasons, but in terms of Nintendo handhelds, the GBA SP is right behind it, and it's definitely the best of the actual GameBoy systems.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
My favorite gameboy would be the GBA SP. First reason being that it was the only GB I've ever owned and plus I played many a game on that little system: FE Sacred Stones, ALttP/FS, LoZ, AoL, MC, etc. Even when I obtained my DSi and my 3DS I still find myself playing my GBA SP from time to time, simply because I love the little system and that it holds so many memories for me. Not to mention that it has a pretty awesome library of video games and that it can play older GB games as well.

Man, talking about it now makes me want to go dig it up and play it for a while. <.< *goes off to search*

Mt favourite Gameboy is definitely the SP. I have so many great memories with that handheld and bought nearly thirty games for it including the ALttP port with Four Swords, Pokemon FireRed, Leafgreen as well as Emerald Versions, Mario Kart Super Circuit, Super Mario Advance 1, 2, and 4 (finally got 3 as a 3DS Ambassador), and much more! I loved that I could play every single Gameboy game made across all three main systems-original, colour, SP, all on the same system. The clamshell design for easy portability was also a major lure for me. To this day, I look back fondly upon the GBA SP and froth at the mouth currently seeing as how Nintendo seems to be returning to those glory days with the 3DS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom