• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite First Level in a Video Game?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Clock Town on Majora's Mask. I love that place so much: the music, the atmosphere, everything! Particularly on the first day.

Second is the first galaxy on Super Mario Galaxy. Why? Dat music. It is so rupee and just screams "epic adventure ahead."

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Minecraft: PUNCH TREES!

My real answer: Zelda 2. The first two Zelda games start off without any annoying cut scenes or tutorials, they throw you right into the action. Zelda 2 does it slightly better because you don't have to go into a cave, wait for some text to go by, and pick up your sword. Both games start off with relatively easy enemies so new players can practice on them for a while and veterans can breeze through the area. As much as I love Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask I hate rewatching the same cutscenes and mashing buttons through the same tutorials.

MW7

Minecraft: PUNCH TREES!

My real answer: Zelda 2. The first two Zelda games start off without any annoying cut scenes or tutorials, they throw you right into the action. Zelda 2 does it slightly better because you don't have to go into a cave, wait for some text to go by, and pick up your sword. Both games start off with relatively easy enemies so new players can practice on them for a while and veterans can breeze through the area. As much as I love Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask I hate rewatching the same cutscenes and mashing buttons through the same tutorials.

Thanks so much for saying what I often think. I think the second thing I wanted to see in Ocarina of Time 3d (after new content which didn't happen) was the ability to skip the cutscenes I'd seen 20+ times already and only wanted to watch once or maybe twice in the first place.

Anyway my favorite first level in a video game ever is probably the Dam of Goldeneye 007. I appreciated how it wasn't ridiculously easy for a first level and introduced most of the gameplay nuances found in the game seamlessly like silenced weapons, scoped weapons, using gadgets, utilizing body armor, and neutralizing security systems. In addition it had excellent replay value (the level in particular in addition to the amazing amount of replay value for the game as a whole) because the additional objectives found on 00 Agent added significant length to the level. Plus there was always unlocking paintball mode.

i like majora's mask first dungeon the woodfall temple it just seemed really well designed and just had that awesome zelda feel to it

IndigoRose

Princess of Awesome!!!
The escape sequence in Portal 2 gives me goosebumps every time! Also the Great Deku Tree, such an interesting start to an incredible game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom