• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Final Boss Battle [May Contain Spoilers]

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
Well, since I didn't see this thread anywhere, I figured I'd post it.

What's your favourite final boss battle?

Now, I think this is pretty hard. I loved most of the final boss battles. Well...

(I'll put in my thoughts on Ganon from the first Zelda game once I'm done fighting him)

Nightmare in Link's Awakening was hard, but fun. It had six forms, and I think it was amazing. It's first form, Nightmare Of Giant Bot, was easy. You just had to sprinkle Magic Powder on it a few times (three times, I think). Its second form, Nightmare Of Agahnim, did pretty much the same thing that a lot of Zelda bosses do. It shot a ball of energy at you, and you had to reflect it using your sword. Nightmare Of Moldorm, its third form, was kind of difficult. Moldorm was the first boss in the game, so this was practically the same fight, but harder. You had to hit its tail, and every time you hit its tail it went faster. The forth form was Nightmare Of Ganon. You had to use your spin attack while avoiding the fire keese and its trident. Nightmare Of Lanmola, the fifth form, resembled another boss that you had to fight. You just had to hit it with the Fire Rod once and then it went to its last form, Nightmare Of Dethl. This was the hardest for sure! You had to use the feather to jump over it, and then you had to use your arrows and hit its eye. I wasted so many arrows by accidentally hitting his eye while it was closed...

Ganon from Ocarina of Time was difficult. In his first form, when he was Ganondorf, he started off by shooting an energy orb at you. You had to reflect it with your sword, and once he finally got hit by it, you had a chance to run up to him and attack him. You had to watch out for falling. It was really annoying when you had to deal with climbing back up to continue the battle. Then he started throwing lightning balls at you which you couldn't reflect. While he was charging that attack up you had to hit him with a Light Arrow. His other form, when he was Ganon, was just plain hard. He became bigger and had a different form. When you started this battle out, you didn't have the Master Sword, so you had to use another one of your weapons. I used the Megaton Hammer. You had to hit his tail, and there was many different ways you could do that. I rolled under his legs and then attaced his tail. After a while, he fell to the ground, and you were able to get the Master Sword again. After you got the Master Sword, he'd get up and you'd have to do the same thing again. That time he was faster, though. After a while, Zelda stunned him with a Light Arrow, and then you had to run up and slash the Master Sword in his head.

(I'll put in my thoughts on Majora from Majora's Mask once I'm done fighting him)

In The Wind Waker, Puppet Ganon was kind of easy, but kind of hard. You had to hit his tail in this one, too. In his first form, being his Puppet Form, you had to use your boomerang to cut the strings holding him up. Then he couldn't use his arms when you cutted the strings. You had to cut the one sting that held up his tail, and when it was down, you had to hit it with your Light Arrows. Then he turned into his Spider Form. In that stage he spinned to the top of the room, and you had to look for him using the reflection of the water. When he landed, you had to make sure you were behind him so that you could hit his tail. His last puppet form, which was his Moldorm Form, was the hardest. He was really fast, and it was easy to get hit. You had to hit his tail with your Light Arrows, but it was difficult because he was so fast. After that, you got to fight Ganondorf. I found this boss fight rather easy, but maybe that's because I fought him so many times.. x3 You had Zelda on your side, and she would hit him with your Light Arrows. She'd stun him and then you'd get the chance to hit him. After a few attacks, Ganondorf backhanded Zelda and knocked her out. You had to use your Parry Attack to hit him after that. After Zelda got back up, you had to aim your shield at Ganondorf. Zelda would hit the shield and it will reflect over to him. Then you had to run over to him and stick the Master Sword in his head.

The final bosses in Twilight Princess were fun. Puppet Zelda was easy, though. Once again, you had to reflect energy balls back and forth. Her attack where she makes the triforce was easy to dodge if you were fast enough, but sometimes you could get hit really easily by it. Dark Beast Ganon was kind of hard. You had to hit the scar on his belly, and for most of the time you had to be Wolf Link, which was pretty cool. You had to knock him over and then attack his scar. Horseback Ganondorf was really fun, but too easy. It seemed like an epic battle, though. You had to follow him on horseback, and Zelda would shoot Light Arrows at him. You had to be careful, though. Ganondorf summoned up a few ghostlike creatures, and you had to dodge them. Now the last fight, Dark Lord Ganondorf, was hard. He had so many sword attacks, and most of them were hard to dodge. I used the Fishing Rod to distract him while I was fighting him... x3

The first final boss fight in Phantom Hourglass was hard. You had to pull the purple ooze off of Bellum using the Grappling Hook, and then you had to hit his eye. Once you did that he started to climb up, and you had to follow him. You had to hit his tenticles so he would lose his grip, making him fall back down. Then you had to pull the ooze off again and hit his eye again. After doing that for a while, he started to float in circles. You had to stop time at just the right moment to hit his eye. After doing that and getting to the last battle, you had to fight Bellum while he was using Linebeck's body in armour. This was an easier battle, though. At first when you had to stop time, you were unable to hit Bellum's eye because it was closed. Ciela then gave you a view of his back so you could see his eye. You had to stop time when his eye was open so you could hit him. He had an attack where he spinned for a long period of time, and it was difficult to dodge. After hitting his eye after a while, he was finally defeated.

(I'll put in my thoughts on Malladus from Spirit Tracks once I'm done fighting him)

I'll have to say Nightmare and Ganon in Twilight Princess. They were both really challenging and really fun to fight.

Link1432

Most Uncreatively Named
My favourite was OoT Ganon. The atmosphere was dark and foreboding, and you had this giant boar-monster trying to kill you. It was truly epic.

I did like fighting him in TP, though. It was a fun battle, and I loved the horseback combat aspect.

Austin

Austin
I like Puppet Ganon from WindWaker. It was so fun shooting at the Snake/Worm's tail! I got so good with the bow and arrow.

I also Like Ganon from OoT, because of the music, and Ganon being so big and intimidating. It just added so much to the fight.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Hmm... well let's see... my three favs are the final bosses from Spirit Tracks, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess. I'll give my reasons for liking them.
No. 1: Spirit Tracks
Okay so first and foremost let me explain the whole getting to the final boss thing. First I'd like to say that to get to the first phase, unlike most final bosses in video games, you just have to complete a challenge. This challenge was to kill all the armored trains which is no walk in the park but also pretty fun. *cough*blowing the whistle for super speed*cough* *cough*

Secondly it was epic as bananas. I mean well first of all the music for all three bosses was really REALLY epic and set the mood pretty high like "OH MY GODDESSES, IF I DON'T PULL THIS OFF, NEW HYRULE IS FLIPPING DOOMED!!!!" *cough* Demon Train Theme*cough* *cough*

Thirdly it had some pretty cool stuff going for it. After all the fight with the Demon Train (which bears an uncanny resemblance to Toon Ganondorf except locomotiveized) is pretty cool and very very epic. First you have to blast the exploding barrels in the first car and when that train dies he goes foward through a portal and so do you. Then there's the fact that he occaisionally tries to ram you (which may or may not call an instant game over; I'm not sure) and you have to break to keep that from happening. Now you have to hit lazer cannons on the second train car twice and then the above repeats. Then you shoot lazer eyes on the final car and then you get to whack at his face.

It's second phase had some pretty cool stuff going on. First of all the cutscenes leading to the phase were really, really, really awesome with the best ever Legend of Zelda Title Theme Remix. Not to mention the music for the phase was also, like the tune for the previous phase, very mood setting and made you feel like if you failed everyone is as good as dead. And actually though it wasn't that hard but it was a heck of a lot of fun. Basically you have Zelda try to get to Zelda's Body/Malludus while Cole fires electrric ghost rats at Zelda and if a single one hits her she gets possessed like a puppet on strings... actually that's pretty much what she becomes. Once Zelda finally gets to Malludus, she grabs him and they float in the air, twirling and whatnot, while Cole (AKA this games HMS) makes funny, albeit disturbing noises. When you hit Malludus with a light arrow you await epicness... and epicness you shall get!! Now you're at solid ground in what I presume to be some area of the Fire Realm and you get an awesome cutscene that involves Byrne saving Zelda epically, Link going to catch her, and a cute little hug between the happy hero couple. Now Malludus kills Byrne and the two hatted (or horned) little freak gets what he deserves... but sadly this also means Malludus becomes stronger.

Now you have to protect Zelda from fireballs (FSA much?) while she charges up for a weakening spell. When she's finally ready you do the final duet of the game which is also my favorite. Now you get to distract Malludus so his back is to Zelda and let her fire a light arrow. After a few times doing this a crystal appears on his forehead and you get to slash away... after you break his horns. Finally once you've broken them you can slash his crystal and Link is holding it in while Zelda comes for you and together the happy couple push the blade into his skull, ultimately defeating him.
No. 2: Wind Waker
Now comes a personal favorite of mine: Wind Waker. Basically there are four phases; three of which belong to Puppet Ganon. Lemme just tell ya Puppet Ganon sure was a doozy the first time around and he can still be pretty challenging. Gotta say the music doesn't dissappoint me for it sets the mood perfectly for each phase and the first time I fought him I kept wondering how many goddess forsaken phases he had! The first phase isn't really anything special: just boomerang the blue strings and shoot light arrows at the blue bulb. But I found it pretty fun and that's what matters to me. And also when I defeated a phase the first time around I got excited and thought "Yay! I kille hi--WAIT A SECOND!! HE LIVES?!?!" The second phase wasn't that hard either but still pretty fun and honestly I liked him a lot in that phase. After beating him I was like "What?! ANOTHER PHASE?! THIS IS MADNESS!!" and then I got to the hardest phase which I enjoyed a lot. When I first beat him I was all like "Another phase perhaps? No? Good my thumbs are tired." And the little cutscene after that really set the mood. And the final cutscene really was something special. Now Ganondorf underestimating Link and Zelda... dude to you that's a deadly combo that you should get rid of as quick as possible. And when he got all cocky in monologuing and Daphnes got the Triforce and gave the two a future... awesome deal. And the Ganondorf was something really special too. After all Ganondorf can block your attacks so you have to A) parry him and hope something good happens or :cool: wait for Tetra to shoot him. And then he becomes invincible and you have to bounce her arrow off your shield... awesome.
No. 3: Twilight Princess
Okay let me just say I loved this one but it pales in comparison to WW and ST. First and foremost the cutscene leading to phase one: Puppet Zelda was really something to behold. It was insanely moodsetting and rather epic. But don't take my word for it. Look for yourself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeX9jXH-n9Q

See? But the boss itself is really nothing special, but fun none the less. And the little mini cutscene leading to phase two was cool too. But again see it for yourself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoDN2hlP7gs&feature=related

See? Also the music was definately pretty darn mood setting and really made me feel like I was facing an ancient demon. Also it wasn't that hard but oh well it was still fun and that's what counts. It's why you usually play video games: to have fun. And it was also pretty darn epic as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ex-Cpsnkyo&feature=related

The cutscene leading up to the final boss was something to behold as well. After all you have this sense of "FINALLY!! I beat the game---wait! WHAT THE HECK?!?! HE LIVES?!?! WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO KILL THIS GUY?!?!?!" not to mention Midna's noble sacrifice, which sadly failed. And the end of the scene was giving you this feeling of "WE'RE FIGHTING A LOSING BATTLE HERE!! WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO TRIUMPH OVER EVIL?!?!? Oh so we pull out all the stops?! WHAT DO YOU THINK WE'VE BEEN---oh the light spirits. Wish I could contact them like that." but the boss itself wasn't much to behold. Just an easy, not very epic, and not so fun final boss phase.

Now the final phase of the fight. The music for this really gives the impression of 'HOLY HYRULE THIS IS IT!! IT'S ALL OR NOTHING NOW!!" and really it was very epic, challenging, and fun: the perfect combo in a final boss fight. Not much to say... other than: EAT MY SWORD GANONDORF!!

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Favorite final boss? Hmm.. is it dark link? Yes I think it is Dark Link. There's something neat about the ideas that seem to cry out from the battle: that link must first purge the darkness from himself before he can become worthy to touch the triforce. There's also the way I read into is.. that each person has good and evil within in them, and they're constantly squaring off against each other. In Link's case, it happened quite visibly.

The battle was also fun, but it wasn't as fun as some other final battles in the series (my favorite one to play is probably OoT's Ganon). Having said that, it's still my favorite for the reasons listed above.

M

Mehzmerize

Vaati from the Minish Cap was very fun and pretty damn difficult

Mute

一員
Well, I'd have to say that OoT's final bout with Ganon is my favourite. While OoT wasn't my first Zelda game, it was the first one I knew who the bad guy was. Because of that, I only saw him as Ganondorf for most the game, until the end. When he transformed into Ganon, surrounded the isle with fire and knocked the sword out of Link's hand, it seemed like the most epic thing I had ever seen. Not to mention I still absolutely love how much the music added to the fight. Sure, it's not anywhere close to hard, but I still find that battle to be both extremely epic and fun to do to this day.

However, I have to give Majora's Mask a mention, because the boss battle is so eccentric (Especially at Majora's Incarnation) that I couldn't help but love it. Not to mention the stuff leading up to it making it seem so unique compared to any of the other final bosses. Of course, it's not all too hard either, even without the FD Mask, although I will say Wrath was a bit more of a challenge than Ganon was.

Twilight Princess... I can't say I care much about the final boss fight(s). Of course, that could be because all the other boss fights were trying to be epic which caused the last one to not seem as great as it probably was. It still was pretty good, though.

Spirit Tracks is around the same area as OoT's Ganon, although I actually only enjoyed the very final fight and the Train battle. WW's in about the same boat, an oddly epic battle, but I didn't care for it too much for some reason. As for the 2D ones, I didn't care much for their final battles either, although OoX did mix things up with the random background change and inverting your controls for a short time.

All in all, OoT's wins it for me. Both nostalgia and how great it still seems enforces my decision.

O

Ozzy_Link19

For me other than fighting Ganondorf/Ganon, one of my favorite boss battles is the Stallord in Twilight Princess. I just love how the use of the spinner device to defeat this boss is a nice twist. I always look forward to facing it whenever I play Twilight Princess whether it's on the Wii or GameCube versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom