• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite feature in each Zelda game

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
let's see...

I love the emotions that stand out so boldly in TP- in both Link and those around him. This feature really pulls you into the game and makes you emotionally invested in it (which is a killer once you've reached the ending..)

The music in many of the games (mostly OoT, WW and TP for me) is also a huge factor as well.

I love the beautiful world of BOTW. I sometimes just explore for an hour or so after work to relax and take in the beautiful scenery.

These are just a few that come to mind right off the top of my head. :)

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Time travel wad interesting but not interesting enough.

I liked the Clock in MM and the hidden skills in TP. Those were my 2 favorites

KTep

Picori_Kev1n
I like that each Zelda games has different gameplan mechanics

For example: Wall Mechanic (LBTW), Play as Wolf Link (TP), Using Ocarina To Teleport (OOT), & Transformation Masks (MM)

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
The quirkiness of older zelda games. The self-awareness of older zelda games. The shameless theft of other video game elements in LA. The music of WW. The exclusivity of FSA multiplayer. The sword controls in SS.

I'm gonna try and limit myself to just one thing for each game.

TLOZ - Just the fact that it started it all
TAOL - That dragon boss
ALTTP - Laid out the formula
LA - The sidescrolling bits
OOT - Laid out the 3D forumla
MM - The transformation masks
OOS - Subrosia
OOA - The fact that it has more of a story than OOS
FS - The anniversary edition was free
TWW - The sea
FSA - The fact that it is much more fully fledged than FS
TMC - Ezlo
TP - It's overall strong set of dungeons
PH - Linebeck
ST - The fact that Zelda is actually a companion
SS - Lanayru desert
ALBW - Ice Ruins
TH - The fact that the villain is referred to as "The Lady"
BOTW - The exploration

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
LoZ - Enemy attack patterns, specially when they get mildly shmup-like a la Gleeok.
ALttP - The bosses, Moldorm and Helmasaur being some of the highlights, although the rest are mostly good. Haven't played in a while though s I could be forgetting.
LA - Jumping, having power-ups although that's more a neat curiosity than outright good.
OoS - Being partly a LoZ remake.
MM - Goht.
WW - Deku leaf was a nice baby step to integrating verticality. Hyoi pear was neat.
TP - The double clawshots were neat first time I played, although it kinda wears out since it's just puzzle-fodder ultimately.
SS - Vaulting over Moblin shields.
ALBW - Bosses and item gauge.
BotW - Chemistry engine, the weapon system despite a couple annoyances, that one korok trial with wooden gear, some of the physics tricks are neat.

I'm about to go through each game saying the best thing:
Loz - classic, very hard but very relieving when you 100%
AoF - bad but the overworld map is an alright detail with the random encounters
ALttP - first 'real' Zelda game and helped improve later games. Introduced master sword. Story
LA - VERY WIERD making it fun(ny)
OoT - do I have to explain
MM - spooky
OoS - YOU CAN CHANGE THE SEASONS
OoA - back to the future
FS - you can play with friends YAY
TWW - open world feel lots of side quests and many places to explore
FSA - you can play with friends OR yourself
MC - you can shrink like wow
TP - WOLF LINK!!!
PH - ye can sail ye high seas and is a combo of TWW and LA
ST - trains
SS - birds
ALBW - pictures
TH - you can play with friends YAY but has a solo mode which no-one uses
BOTW - OMG WHAT IS LIFE WITHOUT IT

Legend of Zelda - The game being very open world.
Advenure of Link - The magic system. It's something I think future Zelda games could use. The multiple towns are allso a great feature.
Link to the Past - The music. The music is amazing. That's the best part of the game. The rest is rather average.
Ocarina of Time - Z targeting. For the time Z targeting and locking on to enemies with Z so you can circle strafe them was quite revolutionary. It really helped the game become better then it otherwise would have been.
Majora's Mask - The 3 day system and the bombers notebook. That notebook really nade accessing which side quests you have and have not done so easy. It really made managing all those side quests so easy.
Wind Waker - The NPC backstories. They really are all so interesting to learn about. That's it. The rest of the game has nothing else noteworthy as it's not a good game.
Twilight Princess - Dungeon backtracking. I actually liked how some of the dungeons had more use later on in the game after the first visit to them.
Skyward Sword - Groose. Easily best thingin the game.
Breath of the Wild - The exploration focus of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom