• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite/Eccentric Ways to Kill Enemies?

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
So, yesterday I was playing Majora's Mask, and I just got to the Great Bay temple. You know the room with the big waterwheel? (I've barely started it, forgive my n00bish-ness) And you know the platform with the thirty two rupees on it, and the skulltula? Well, I was a' going to collect the rupees, I dodged past the skulltula and grabbed the rupees, and went to kill the skulltula, but I ended up having a LOT of trouble with it. Eventually, I put on my stone mask, and the stupid guy goes and climbs up his web! My sister and I laughed a bit, and then I grabbed my bow and shot it. And that's how I continued to kill skulltulas from then on.

I really enjoyed killing it that way, and it got me thinking. Does anyone else in the Zelda community have any eccentric way of killing enemis, any game? I'd like to try them out!! :P

(Ugh, this post ended up like a blog post... maybe I'm too enthusiastic about it?)

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Well... in The Wind Waker, I like to tease and torture the Moblins. First I take their necklaces. Then I throw bombs at them. They freak out, panic, forget what they're doing and run around crying. (I'm serious, you can do it too.) So the bombs never hit, but it's fun. Then I take them out exclusively with hits to the tail.

Now everyone's going to look at me like I'm deranged. :P

Rytex

Resident Netizen
heheheh...

Miniblins/Chuchus + Skull Hammer = entertainment that puts a home theater to shame. If you just hit them w/o L target, it flattens them a la Looney Toons, and if you were to L Target them, you smack them like a baseball bat.

I really like killing enemys with bombs in the 3d games, I also like smashing thing in WW and using the boomerang up close for the lulz

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Bomb Arrows in Twilight Princess are a blast! In Wind Waker I have enjoyed using the Skull hammer on Miniblins and the Ice arrows when I feel like goofing around.

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
in one of the early sections of the TP forest temple theres a place where you can shoot the moblins and they'll walk into the pit.

lithanium

has eaten a boulder!
heres something i bet you didnt know...

you can kill stalfos by stunning them with deku nuts! wolfos: i just love seeing that surprised look on their faces when i goron pound them.
Lets see you kill stuff by throwing pots at them. i wish i had a cartoon to show it, but i dont.

i saw one, tho. hard to describe.

it involves an ironknuckle cornering link, then the ironknuckle laughs evily. then link throws pots and deku sticks and navi and a brick and a couple heart containers and in the end, zelda. i just loved that little look on his face when he realized zelda was rigth there...

Djinn

and Tonic
I keep hoping that some day Nintendo will bring back the old ALTTP ice rod+hammer attack. There was just something very satisfying with the Freeze BAM! combination. Plus it almost always dropped a magic decanter when I killed them.

Then again most times I get to use the hammer to smash something is a plus for me. It's just more challenging in later games because there are fewer ways to hold them in place so I can bash them at my leisure. Kind of disappointing really, and especially so in WW when I had that gigantic hammer that just screams out "smash everything everywhere.." which I normally did as much as possible. It was just a little too slow an item to use as a weapon on most occasions.

Beeker

Wild Card
in one of the early sections of the TP forest temple theres a place where you can shoot the moblins and they'll walk into the pit.
I think I know the room you're talking about. Is it the one that forks three different ways, and you use the Gale Boomerang to change the direction of the bridge? I do that in that room. Go to the open spot, get out my slingshot, and watch them spot me and run to their death.
I do this every single time I go in this temple. :3

I love "sniping" (if you will), with the bow and arrow in Twilight Princess. The Hawkeye is a ton of fun, and hitting an enemy out of nowhere in Hyrule Field is hilarious.

In wind waker, I will go to a rope bridge, shoot some of the support ropes, and tease a bokoblin to walk on it and he will fall and die in lava

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I don't have a very exact method, but in Twilight Princess, I feel in love with the ball and chain. Yes, it was impractical, yes you moved like a snail, but that thing was so awesome. The only problem is it's very slow, and some attacks are timed to hit Link instead of being hit by the ball and chain. There's just something incredibly satisfying about killing re-deads with that thing. If you could move faster, and it was less large and bulky, more flail like, it would be the most awesome weapon ever. Second to that I have to say though, it the Megaton Hammer. In all the games it's been in, I just want to smash everything with it. As you might have figured out already, I like smashing things with absurdly large weapon, which happens to be my method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom