• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Favourite Divine Beast Gimmick

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
While people often complain about how Breath of the Wild handled its dungeons, I actually really like what they did and how they made them unique. What really stands out to me about the Divine Beasts is that each one of them has a different gimmick that allows you to control it in some way and slightly change the layout of the dungeons. I thought these were all used in really creative ways.

So, my question to y'all is which gimmick did you enjoy the most? Not which beast you liked the best, specifically its gimmick. Whether it's being able to move the trunk in Vah Ruta to create waterfalls, tilting Vah Medoh 45 degrees in either direction, flipping Vah Rudania 90 degrees so the wall becomes the floor, or rotating any of Vah Naboris's three inner cylinders, which did you think was the most interesting and creative?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Vah Medoh’s was really cool, and I enjoyed the puzzles it created the most. There were several interesting ways tilting the beats was used, my personal favorite was being able to paraglide across the whole thing basically.

And as confusing as this dungeon was, I also liked Vah Naboris’s use of electricity and having to connect the lines.

Medoh i guess.

But i didnt enjoy any of them and the idea of twisting and tilting them just screamed to me how much BotW was originally a Wii U title.

Twisting and tilting them on the gamepad without pausing was clearly the intention but it was completely ripped out.

funnier6

Courage~
I think I liked Rudanias use of it the best cause it made the dungeon feel a bit bigger, but I feel like they didn’t reach their full potential.

Ninja

Well well well
Tick me in for another Vah Ruta vote. It was my first divine beast, so the trunk gimmick resonates the most with me. I thought it was pretty cool being able to raise the trunk and seeing how far you could fly from it.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Vah Naboris definitely, I really enjoyed the puzzle of getting to everywhere as well as getting the electric current running. Ruta's trunk was cool, but the cylinders were more fun for me.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I honestly hated all of the Divine beast gimmicks. I guess Naboris and Ruta were the ones I hated the least because they actually felt like a puzzle. The other 2 just felt like more of a titling gimmick just because the other's had some form of tilting gimmick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom