• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Favourite cutscenes

Arkham Asylum, where Scarecrow gets surprise attacked by Croc in the sewers and Batman throws a batarang at his shock collar.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I think my favourite cutscene in gaming is probably when the Giants come in Majora's Mask. It's perhaps the most epic scene in Zelda history, because it's the end of the game. It's everything you've worked towards. It's the last step in saving the world, stopping the apocalypse. I get chills every time.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I'm not sure if it's my all time favorite cutscene or not, but it's the one that immediately comes to mind for me when I think of epic cutscenes. This is from Mass Effect 3; the combined assault on the Reapers over Earth. Gives me chills every time. It's one of the greatest SF space battles of all time. Its only fault is that it's far too short.

Last edited:
There's obviously several others, but these three specifically come to mind. Though, I suppose I haven't actually played too many games with cinematic cutscenes--not as many as most people, anyway--so I didn't have too large of a selection to choose from.

The Great Invasion (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

Seriously. What is the deal with that ship? So ****ing badass. That subspace weapon? It's like straight outta Star Wars or something. I love it.

Mist's Disappearance (Rune Factory Frontier)

Frontier was the first RF game to start having "anime-esque" cutscenes aside from the game openings, but for the most part they usually pertained to the bachelorettes' introductions and marriages. This was one of the few ones that actually focused on the plot, lol. I think the effects are fairly well done. Also, Gelwein. <3

The Majesty of the Reformed Triforce (Hyrule Warriors)

@19:05 - 21:06

I tried to find a clip of this specific cutscene, but I couldn't, so, blah. The coloring is a little too gaudy, yeah, but I really like the transformation sequence. The panning across the Bridge of Eldin was what did it for me. Gods, that was so perfect. I wish Cia didn't make such constipated noises at the end there, but ok.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
SPOILER WARNING!

Some people hate them, others love them, Hideo Kojima certainly loves them....

If you do love them then what are your favourite cutscens from a video game?

My favourite cutscene is Ganondorf's execution from Twilight Princess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom