• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Favourite Characters

octorok74

TETTAC
Darunia. I jut love playing as him. He has great combos, my favorite being throwing a boulder. When he runs it's like a train running rampant. And he such a loveable guy. Second place goes to ganondorf for the power he brings.

Just gave the Baton a spin on Zelda, very cool. Probably the biggest. Difference I've ever felt between a character and their different weapons. It's a bit awkward to start and there are a lot of drawbacks to the weapon but it is a very cool weapon. Strong attack is just so unique.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Just finished getting all the Hard Skulltula's except the last two and I'm starting to see Ganondorf's flaw. As much of an OP beast as he is...when it comes to fighting playable characters, he's garbage. Hordes, strong enemies, bosses? Not a problem. But he's just a pansy when it comes to the playable characters. If you use just about any combo but the B combo, the other character will not hesitate to take a crap load of life while you're doing it. And our beloved 5th strong? The other character can still attack you while you're doing it. They don't stop you from doing it, but you're a sitting duck and can lose a fair chunk of HP. They can do the same thing when you're using your darkness attack.

If you're fighting a character with high morale, you're screwed.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Which is the point in the battle where you go crap, change of plan and then go wreck hell on their keeps. One thing i always forgets if you are gonna fight something like a Powerful Stalmaster/Arialfos/Icy Big Poe, Dark Link (etc) or Link (etc) Then you MUST destroy as many keeps as you can even if the enemy just regains them all sooner rather than later it still affects their moral and if you manage to take a fair few in a short time BOOM their morale tends to sink. As for the playable Char fights i would say spam the B and if you are good you should have the Y attack ready use it to buy some room then VERY quickly unleash your power combo. Should help a fair bit. For me it is B strike twice Dodge B Strike twice, rinse and repeat.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Yeah, I got into a bad habit of trying to finish things ASAP. I also followed instructions too closely. For harder levels, it's important to ignore the early missions and just capture keeps for awhile. Even with nearly all the keeps, fighting Dark Volga was hell. <.< It wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to keep my allies safe too. Fi had an inch of health and refused to call for help. So if Volga even looked her funny, she'd die immediately and I'd need to try again.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I've had a lot of fun with the characters on here. Played with them all enough to come up with a ranking of which ones I like most.

1. Zant - His crazy antics are brilliantly portrayed. The Twilight Meter is beast, fill it up and hit em with a big time spinning attack. He feels like one of the most powerful to me and his special isn't bad either.
2. Agitha - Her bugs are insane. The right combo can take out enemies all day long. Combo + Special Attack + Combo, all day. And her Weak Point attack works wonders. Mowed through some darknuts with her. Special is one of the best in the game.
3. Impa - Powerful, yet pretty quick. It's an interesting combination. I feel mighty and in control playing as Midna. Her special is also killer.
4. Link - He's just a beast. I typically choose Link whenever I want to A Rank certain levels. He can clear through crowds like nobody's business, and his special is also great.
5. Fi - Very speedy dodger and great move cancelling. She's one of my favorites to use for Adventure Battles, but she's just so so when it comes to bosses. Her special is cool too.
6. Sheik - Nice and speedy, but mixing up her combos can be troublesome and it takes her a minute to pull out an item after dodging. Her special is one of the better ones though.
7. Lana - Very fast, and her magic book is a great weapon. Can strike down foes with her lighting attacks all day long. She feels powerful, but also seems like I'm not doing as much damage as I should. Her special is alright.
8. Ghirahim - He can be tricky, but when you get him down he can go through crowds well, and is not bad against captains or bosses. His special is great, among the high middle of the pack.
9. Midna - Her combos are great, love using her wolves attacks. She can clear through crowds wonderfully too. And she can hold her own against captains or bosses. However, she is guilty of having a special that looks power but isn't, at all.
10. Ganondorf - He makes you feel like a powerhouse, and you are, when you're going through hordes. However, I find that his skills don't measure up as well against captains or bosses. His special is just, so so. It doesn't feel as mighty as I'd think it should. One of the worst dodgers too.
11. Zelda - She's speedy enough, and her combo attacks work well. Her light powers are pretty fun to play with too. Her crowd clearing is decent, as is her ability to fight captains or bosses. Her special is pretty good, she just feels like a bit above average warrior.
12. Ruto - I was surprised when playing as her to see how weak I felt. Her attacks are great for going through crowds, but her inability to properly dodge or cancel gets her hurt too match. Her special also doesn't do much, despite looking like it should.
13. Darunia - His saving grace is that his power allows him to crush his foes beneath his hammer. His dodging abilities are decent, and he can at least cancel some attacks. But, that's really it. He can fight bosses and captains decently, but can fall victim to being outnumbered, and his special is one of my personal least favorite.

i like using Lana the best! i am able to fight easily with her. Impa is my least favorite to use, she's a little difficult. I still like Impa as a charater though!

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Maikeru How can you say G-dorf is a terrible dodge. I use him all the time and find it ridiculously easy to beat stages with him. His attacks are awesome and he is great at keep clearing.

I liked reading everyone's favourite weapon stories. Thanks for sharing.
Mine are these. In order of preference.

1. Link
He's my favourite character to use. And his power gauntlets are my favourite weapon in the game. They clear the hordes like nobody's business and the WWSSS combo deals with captains well enough. The special attack is pretty decent too. I also like Link's sword. In stages where there's mostly bosses I use Link's sword. It's also ok with killing hordes too. I don't use the strong combos much with this weapon but still I think it's a great weapon. The fire rod is nice but I'm not a fan of it, I feel the other weapons are better. The fairy, situationally good and needed (for the 1K KO's in 7 minutes for A rank) stage. Past that it's not a very good weapon, terrible vs captains.

2. Zelda
I really like her rapier. Fast attacks, the combos and special are great too. Does not do the most damage though but certainly usable.
I don't like the baton at all. It does a lot o damage and the combos are nice but you can't move while comboing with it and that seals the deal for me as a weapon I do not like.

3. Ganondorf
An awesome powerhouse. Does tons of damage, his combos and special are great too. I like the look of his swords when his evil meter is fully powered up. And on a side note how he opens chests with a huge boot is very manly and evil and cool. His weak point smash feels a little weak though, but that's the only downside I see here.

4. Cia
I thought I'd end up hating Cia, but I ended up liking her a lot. Her attacks have a surprisingly amount of range and they look really cool. The only trick to her is to work out where to best use her special attack. I often get it wrong and don't kill as many hordes with it as I should. I keep forgetting exactly where to use it. One of the characters I like using a lot. I only use the white costume with her though as that's my favourite of hers.

5. Impa
Both her weapons are not the best but I like them a lot. The special attacks on both kill so many hordes if placed right. You just have to get used to how their combos work as they require some timing to get down right.

6. Fi
She needs some serious levelling up and Lv3 weapon to do any decent damage. But once that is achieved she is surprisingly good. Not a damage powerhouse ever but she moves so fast while attacking, and her specials are pretty good too. Not so good in taking down boss weak points though as she keeps moving while attacking. But apart from that a nice character once levelled up and equipped properly.

7. Shiek
I am so so about her. She feels a little weak and I'm not a fan of her combos at all. And using her songs takes some effort to get right. The X special though is very good at killing hordes. And her speed is very good too.

8. Ruto
Does not move much while attacking till the end of her weak combo where she splashes around a lot. That is a large downside to me. But apart from that, there is nothing too bad here. They all get the job doe, just not over effectively.

9. Darunia
The end of his weak combo kills the hordes pretty well. But past that his main weakness to me is he simply does not do enough damage without the Lv3 weapon and a good level. Also getting the Lv3 fort taking badge for him is a must. And his special is not that good, it's range is much too short. I find him very fun to use, but just a little too weak to use more often. This is surprising as he welds a massive hammer.

10. Wizzro
I like the concept of Wizzro a lot, an almost totally ranged character. In practice I don't think it works all that well. Because of this his weak combo is not the strongest and is hard to use, as are his other combos. In the hands of a master his strong combos do a lot of damage, especially his straight laser one. An expert level character that needs a lot of skill to use. He is this high on my list because I don't think he's bad at all, just very different. And you have to adapt to a style of character not entirely best suited for the game. Making this work is a challenge but a nice one.

11. Volga
I have not used volga much. But from what I have used of him, he seems to get the job done, is very flashy and does decent damage. Just not my favourite character ever. I will have to use him some more too see if his ranking changes.

12. Lana
The Princess of bad I call her. I hate two out of 3 of her weapons. The book is ok. It's weak combo I really like, it works well. But I hate the special as it's hard to like up enough hordes to make it worthwhile using, but it does decent damage. Nice weapon but nothing flash. The stick is total garbage. Well not entirely, I do like the weak point smash. But past that nothing good here. Very slow combo speed, weak attacks and one of the worst X specials in the game. The portal is nice. You have to spam combos or strong attacks with it though. I really don't like it. The chicken X special is good though.
I like her costumes though.

13. Midna
Midna looks so cool I think riding on the wolf. I just don't like how her attacks look. And after hookshotting an Arealfos to the ground I can never seem to connect the weak point smash. Also the position you need to be in, to get the most out of the special attack is tricky to set up. I only use Midna when the game forces me to.

14. Agitha
Beetle, beetle, beetle, beetle. That's all I did as Agitha. Nothing else was very effective. The weak point smash takes out a lot of hordes as collateral damage and the X special is one of the better ones. But 90% of the time I'm just spamming the rhino beetle combo with her. No variety in attacks there.

15. Ghirahim
I'm not a fan because his weak combo is part ranged and part melee. There is nothing too bad about him. I just don't like his play style. Certainly an expert character that takes time to learn how to use.

16. Zant
I realise Zant has many fans, I'm just not one of them. Without the twilight meter maxed, his attacks are weak. His weak point smash does not hit the enemy too much and his special is not the best. An expert level character this. Certainly needs lots of skill to master it.

Last edited:
It took some time for us to upgrade his combos at all but I've found Ghirahim quite useful, if you use his Standard YXX combo (The double-bladed uppercut followed by the rapid stabbing) on a warrior who's Weak Point Gauge is exposed it is guaranteed to deplete the gauge instantaneously.
Although, the same combo works in much the same way with the following Warriors; Link, Agitha, Ruto, Impa (with both weapons,)
Zelda (with both weapons,) Volga (I believe,) And to a lesser extent; Zant.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My fav characters:
1. Absolutely Volga by miles. I literally love everything about this guy. I love his design, his fiesty spirit, his comments and his combos. The guy is very, very fast. There is not a single time I don''t select him as my player. I just love everything about him.
2. Link. Because of his speed and his combos and the way he slashes his way through the enemies.
3. Zant. Zant is not only funny but he is a force to be reckoned with. I just levelled him up to 255, so he is my third character being at 255 now. His combos are deadly. Especially the super spin attack. I know there's a glitch but I don't care about that glitch now.
4. Twili Midna. She's the bomb. She does a lot of damage with her special attacks but also with her special bar being filled.
5. Young Link. Fierce Diety Link does a huge lot of damage. I try to get into focus spirit as soon as possible and the guy is fast, tough and has probably the most powerful combos out of the whole game. Especially against the giant bosses.
6. Impa. Especially with the Naginata. I dodge and press YYY and dodge and attack again. She is just amazing. Plus her special attaack with the naginata is so cool.
7. Sheik. The shield is perfect but come on...those ninja moves??? Totally awesome!
8. Lana. A cool character. I like her story, I like Lana and I would like to see more of her. Not all her weapons are so great though. I love her book the most. It helps me to dodge and cancel animations if they make her too vunerable. Although dancing Lana when she uses the summoning gate? So adorable!

Man, I'm just going to leave it with that. If I have to list all characters from fav to non fav, it will be morning here. So ta-da, my list is this :P

Linkmaster30000

Aim for the knee
I haven't gotten proficient with everyone yet, but I'll still make my tentative list.

1. Ganondorf. Great powerhouse.
2. Twili Midna. The cannon is so overpowered.
3. Volga. Haven't played much, but loved playing as him.
4. Zant. Recently found the brilliance of him, can't deny it anymore.
5. Link. Typically use Master Sword, but all weapons are good.
6. Cia. Haven't played much, but really enjoyed everything she does.
7. Impa. Mostly Naginata of DEATH.
8. Young Link. Still getting used to him, but transforming is fun.
9. Zelda. Dominion Rod is wonderful.
10. Darunia. Pound everything, dance at the end.
11. Ruto. TIDAL WAVE.
12. Ghirahim. Rather fun to use, though a bit odd.
13. Wizzro. Haven't played much, but has his uses.
14. Lana. The book more than the spear; haven't gotten the gate yet.
15. Sheik. I probably need to play her more to really grasp the style. She might get higher on here.
16. Fi. Some fun power attacks, but really floaty.
17. Midna. Good fighter, just not as good as most of the others. Cancelling gets weird.
18. Tingle. Some fun attacks, but... it's still Tingle.
19. Agitha. She will always be at the bottom.

Last edited:

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
My favorites are Link and Zelda!!

Link is a very strong character because he is balanced in both close and mid-range combat. His B-B-Y combo, which shoots out a long range beam, is perfect for mowing down large groups of enemies, and with the Master Sword, it shoots three beams, increasing the area of effect. His B-B-B-Y combo is excellent if you happen to be surrounded, and his B-B-B-B-Y combo is great for taking keeps, as it is a close quarters mob killer. Also, after any combo, you can hold Y to charge a spin attack, which automatically puts you into Run Mode, meaning that if you took damage during the combo, you can go into Run Mode for a quick escape.

Zelda is great at long range combat strictly because of her special, the Light Arrow. Most of her combos are rather useless, as they don't have a large, devastating area of effect like some other characters. However, her special cleaves a straight path through a horde of enemies over a long distance, and it also does incredibly high damage. Zelda is also good at boss killing, as she has many launching and single target attacks, though this is made slightly less effective due to her being of the Light element.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom