• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite character moments in Zelda

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I always feel gut-punched by Anju and Kafei's story in Majora's Mask. Of course it's goosebumps-inducing when they have that final reunion minutes before the world ends, but it's also equally emotional, for entirely different reason, when she faithfully sits there and he doesn't turn up just ... ughghghghghghhhgg

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Colin's moment of courage will always be my favorite. Sure it's cliche, but I think the moment works regardless. I can't speak for everyone, but I immediately was fond of Colin and his dream of becoming brave like Link. Seeing him have that moment (even though it is dumb and fruitless), was awesome.

BotW Zelda’s despair is my favourite character moment in the whole series
w95fnJq

Alway gets me emotional when I see the cutscene.

From WW “I coveted that wind, I suppose”, that’s Ganondorf’s highlight moment. That single line adds so much depth to his character. I felt sorry for him for his misfortunate fate.... until he punched a little kid in the face.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
BotW Zelda’s despair is my favourite character moment in the whole series
w95fnJq

Alway gets me emotional when I see the cutscene.
This shot in the trailer sold the game for me. I really wish the cutscenes felt more significant to progression of the story, so moments like that would have felt more related to the adventure.

This shot in the trailer sold the game for me. I really wish the cutscenes felt more significant to progression of the story, so moments like that would have felt more related to the adventure.
Maybe it's just me but I found the cutscenes, especially the lost memories, very significant for the story. Thanks to them the characters of the game weren't shallow. Most significant impact on characters was how they managed to reveal Link's personality progressively bit by bit. They also beautifully showed some symbolism that was hidden in the game and so were vital part of the story and the thematic of the game. But that's totally different topic. Not sure if there's already a thread that's about symbolism in BotW. I might make one if there isn't.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Maybe it's just me but I found the cutscenes, especially the lost memories, very significant for the story. Thanks to them the characters of the game weren't shallow. Most significant impact on characters was how they managed to reveal Link's personality progressively bit by bit. They also beautifully showed some symbolism that was hidden in the game and so were vital part of the story and the thematic of the game. But that's totally different topic. Not sure if there's already a thread that's about symbolism in BotW. I might make one if there isn't.
This is probably best for a different thread, so I don't want to delve into this topic too much. But my issue with the memories is those are the story. So you're watching a story that already happened, not one that you yourself are participating in and moving through. So anything that happened in cutscenes were largely inconsequential. (Besides, they were mostly used to characterize Zelda, which I liked, but you never get to interact with Zelda) I loved just about all of them, but would have loved it infinitely more if they hadn't all happened in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom