• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Aspects of the Zelda Series (Characters, Games, Plotlines,gameplay Ect)

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
Hey all! I was wondering what you all defined as your favourite aspects of a Zelda game. For me, it is definatly that fantasy feeling you get when playing, the sense of adventure, the fantastic music, interesting stories and fantastic characters. Also, what can make or break a Zelda game for me is the control and feel of the gameplay. After all, if you can't enjoy playing the game in the first place....what's the point? I personally believe that there is no bad Zelda game (except the CD-I ones and the game and watch ones) and that they are all masterpieces in their own right. Some have certain aspects which are awesome and ones that are not as great. My top 5 Zelda games (in order) are: Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess and the original Legend of Zelda on NES. The Zelda franchise has brought me so many good times, so much fun and too many memories to count. There is no other video game series that has ever done this to me. Zelda sits at the top of my gaming list. Zelda is the video game world's Lord of the Rings, an innovator and one of, if not the greatest video game franchises out there. Well, there's my personal opinion on Zelda games as a whole :) What do you like best about the series?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Oh, that's a good one, ummmm... I guess the overall feel that I'm the one actually going out into the field and slaying the monsters, and going into the dungeons and figuring everything out to go slay the boss. And then I guess those aspects being in there add to it, or something. (Yeah, don't know what I'm saying there, either. :xd:) The point is that the games are just untold amounts of fun, the stories are always top-notch, and they're also a challenge of the mind to add on to the challenges of the enemies. It's just such a diverse series that's so out there sometimes, yet always falls perfectly into place. No series is better or will be better than The Legend of Zelda.

Lupine

Sacred Beast
Hmmmhmmm... The Legend of Zelda is truly a timeless series ;) The discovery in the story, from adventuring around the overworld to exploring the depths of several dungeons is incredibly fun ^^ Each Zelda game is like the last, but they are so very diverse and unique that they never get old. The series harbors challenging puzzles and enemies, both those goofy and intimidating, as well as a memorable cast of characters. It's simply unforgettable.

The only game that I've come across that I hold almost as highly as the Zelda series is Okami, whose creator was in fact a LoZ fan, as well :D

Djinn

and Tonic
I would have to say the exploring, how there could be something worthwhile under every single tree, behind every rock, or around every corner. Going back to the very first game, I would grow suspicious each time I saw a long bush or rock placed in the screen, I had to blow it up or burn it down because there had to be something under it. Almost always something good, there was the occasion when it was not though. The games leave me thinking that everything contains some kind of secret, and I always take note of little things like a boulder in the middle of the field in one area early in the game. I know there has to be something there, and when I get an item that does something about large boulders I would be coming back to it. And that part I love too, how early in the game I would wonder past all these random mundane things in the field or newbie areas that always look normal enough. But much later in the game I can return to them and discover the secrets they are hiding. I know that I should never leave an early place behind, that there will always be a reason to revisit the first village or island much later in the game. The series is set up to encourage the player to be constantly looking for more everywhere they go, and when all the corners of the map have been visited, then it is time to return to previous areas and see just what you can find that you may have passed over.

Later games would add more of this to the dungeons as well. Each time I walked into a new room I immediately started looking around for buttons, levers, switches, or things I could shoot with an arrow or blow up with a bomb. Maybe things that could be a button or switch with enough imagination. Also just like the newbie areas in the overworld, you do sometimes have to go back to an earlier room. Leaving a room in a dungeon does not mean that you will never go back to it later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom