• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Zelda puzzle?

There's a lot of types of puzzles and Zelda games, most of them requiring an item that's been a staple in the series, others just require interacting with objects, and sometimes, just sometimes, it requires you to close the freaking DS. Thanks Phantom Hourglass, you are rewarded with the only puzzle you can accidentally solve by taking a break.

Personally, my favorite type of puzzles are the block pushing ones, especially the ones in Twilight Princess.

My favorite Zelda puzzle is Uncharted Island from Phantom Hourglass. Makes you feel like a real cartographer and adventurer; Maze Island is a close second for a similar reason.

My favorite type of puzzle is the Tears of the Kingdom ultrahand, rewind, ascend combo. It is just such a great combination of system-interaction and lead to some of my favorite "genius" moments in the game.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
ones that are nice and simple.....and dont take a lotta intelligence to solve cuz i play games to switch my brain off....

Last edited:

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
1000008317.jpg
But also I'm almost through ALttP (first time ever!) and I came across a use of the block puzzle I don't ever recall seeing before. You fall through the ceiling and land here where there are two pushable blocks right before a T junction. Now, you'll need to go to the right to progress, but one of the blocks (the one that will let you through) is shifted half a tile north so that when you push it, it will only allow access to the left passage while blocking access to the right. Has this appeared anywhere else in the series? I think that the way collision functions in the other games precludes this possibility. Either way, a block puzzle I'll remember.

1000008318.png

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The physics-based puzzles in BotW and TotK easily top the charts for me, they're a ton of fun not just to solve but also to play with. But I think the final area of ST's Tower of Spirits still takes the cake for me. I just love the Link and Phantom Zelda teamwork puzzles to death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom