• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Zelda Puzzle Ever!

KnowItAllBird

Hero of Time
Sorry if there's been threads like this, I haven't seen any.

What is your favorite single puzzle in the entire series?

My favorite is in Phantom hourglass when you need to press the close the ds to line up the maps (or something like that). I sat there, pressing every button imaginable, scratching my head for a good couple of minutes, until I half jokingly closed then reopened the system. And what do I hear? that classic puzzle solved noise that we all love to hear so much. My jaw probably hit the floor, I couldn't believe the clever way that nintento had used the console. I still feel like I'm at a loss for words when I think about that puzzle!

Anyone else have a puzzle they just love?

SwiftestPhantom

Ganondorf Incarnate
I have grown to love those block puzzles in TP, at Snowpeak...at first they were quite annoying, seeing as it took me three hours for them at first..heh...but now, I quite enjoy them.

Linkyme

Call me Coco :3
i love any kind of ice block puzzle. They're challenging, but really fun for me. I also liked the puzzle in ST with the bells in the Snow temple.

S

SS,OoT,WW,TP

I loved the rolling colored block puzzles in OoA, I got that game when I was 5 and I spent HOURS trying to figure out how to do them, then a little while ago when I picked the game back up again, it was as easy as pie!

I really liked the last portion of the Tower of Spirits in Spirit Tracks. I thought controlling both Link and the phantom was really cool. I also liked the closing the DS puzzle in Phantom Hourglass. I couldn't think of any way to solve it so I closed the system to take a break and when I opened it again, I laughed so hard at how ingenious that puzzle was and at how logical the solution was.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
That's a hard one since Zelda has so many great puzzles. I might have to say all the flipping puzzles in Stone Tower Temple but Sandship in Skyward Sword had the awesome power generator puzzle.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
So far I'd have to say in SS the:

timeshift stone puzzles in Lanayru Mining Facility. That may just be my favorite dungeon yet.

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
Oooooooooohhhhhoho, this is the kind of thread I've been waiting for (but I think a better title would be most irritating puzzle ever). Mine was the guardian puzzle from TP. That took me hours to figure out. I even got two other people to help me out. They couldn't solve it either. Once they were gone, I solved it purely by luck.

There are quite a few puzzles that I enjoy in the Legend of Zelda games. But I do think that this one falls at the top: the sand wand puzzles from Spirit Tracks (the one that was in the Sand Temple and the Ends of the Earth Station).

Now, Spirit Tracks itself was not anywhere close to being my favorite game, but the entire concept of this particular puzzle is really similar to this flash game I used to play a lot when I was into that sort of thing. It's called Bloxorz, and the goal is to get the small end of the prism to fall into the hole. Takes a little math skills and thought (all of the flash games that I would play had some math behind them), and you want to try to clear each level with the least amount of moves possible.

It's not exactly the same, but the entire "getting-a-specific-side-of-the-figure-on-the-goal" concept is the same. I love the puzzles--and even minigames--in the Legend of Zelda series that make me think a little. Sometimes, their universe is completely immune to logic--such as some laws of physiscs xD--but the puzzles just are a special aspect to the games that are irreplaceable.

Impa

Sheikahchu
The Isle of Songs in Skyward Sword. Everyone seems to hate it, but I found it enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom