• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Favorite Zelda Instrument

Which instrument is your favorite?

• Flute

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocarina (LA)

• Ocarina of Time

• Harp of Ages

• Wind Waker

• Ocarina of Wind

• Hawk/Horse call

• Wolf Link's howl

• Spirit Flute

• Goddess Harp

• Total voters

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Throughout the Legend of Zelda series, music has played a fairly large role both story and gameplay wise. A lot of the games in the series have used instruments for some purpose, and my question to you guys is: Which is your absolute favorite and why? Is it because of the way it looks, sounds, or the way it is played? Is it because you like the songs?

My personal favourite instrument in the series would probably be the Spirit Flute. I like it because of it's intuitiveness, and the fact that it actually forces you to try to keep rhythmic time. As a drummer, I never had trouble with the rhythm, and hitting the right notes just came naturally to me. I will admit that blowing into the microphone could be awkward at times, but that is forgiven since the instrument looks and sounds really cool. It actually inspired me to purchase a pan flute of my own, though I kind of suck at playing it...

Salem

SICK
To this day, the N64 instrument style is still the best way to play music in Zelda, because there's so many possibilities to play the instruments, wither its goron drums or zora's guitar, its still great

Skittles

Rainbows!
I really loved the Wind Waker baton (it isn't an instrument from a technical point of view, btw)...because being a director of a crazy random choir of somethings was always kind of fun. And honestly, that would be kind of fun to use a wiimote with...:P

My personal favourite instrument in the series would probably be the Spirit Flute. I like it because of it's intuitiveness, and the fact that it actually forces you to try to keep rhythmic time. As a drummer, I never had trouble with the rhythm, and hitting the right notes just came naturally to me. I will admit that blowing into the microphone could be awkward at times, but that is forgiven since the instrument looks and sounds really cool. It actually inspired me to purchase a pan flute of my own, though I kind of suck at playing it...

Can't say I felt the same way. My DS was covered in spit from blowing and sometimes I didn't have enough air to finish a song (despite knowing how to be conservative). The worst part was the spitting. It was a cool idea, but I'd rather not have to do that again to my DS...

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I picked the Ocarina of Time. You actually had to learn the right notes for the songs, you could make your own ones up (Scarecrow Song), play along in minigames (Skull Children) and change the sound when you switch masks in MM.

*Oh, and the songs in OoT and MM were actually good, unlike in later games where they're mostly kind of sucky.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I really loved the Spirit Flute. It was a nice change from the regular instruments, and though I did like the Ocarina of Time's songs, I just liked the Spirt Flute itself more. Plus, it just fit the game so well in my opinion.

bunny

birb overlord
I'm gonna be cliche here and say the Ocarina. I just loved it. It sounded beautiful; it was fun to play, and I have a lot of childhood memories of playing random tunes. You can't really do that with the newer Zelda instruments, like the harp.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I picked the Ocarina of Time. You actually had to learn the right notes for the songs, you could make your own ones up (Scarecrow Song), play along in minigames (Skull Children) and change the sound when you switch masks in MM.

*Oh, and the songs in OoT and MM were actually good, unlike in later games where they're mostly kind of sucky.
This pretty much. In addition to that, if you had enough skill with the controller medium, you could actually make your own songs all together!

Salem

SICK

Exactly, that's why i still thing its better than the current Zelda games.

By far, very far, the Ocarina of Time is the best imo. The Spirit Flute was the only reason I never beat ST and the SS harp was pretty crappy overall imo.

TMLink76240

Travis Mask
The Goddess Harp, just, sounds majestic and mystical. I fell in love with it the first time I heard it played.
Although, the instruments from Ooc and MM were awesome because of the fact you could use it, almost, as a real instrument.

Definitely the Spirit Flute. I like the sound of the Ocarina too, but I didn't like it that you just had to press buttons without any rhythm.

The Goddess Harp is by far the worst one. The first time you see it in a cutscene, Zelda is playing (and singing) the Ballad of the Goddess and it was amazing. So you can understand the huge disappointment when you are only able to strum from left to right :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom