• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Favorite Zelda Art Style

Link.D

EdwardDaChosenOne
Hey guys, it's really cool to see other opinions on different Zelda art styles! SO which are you top 5?! I would love to know! :)

Here are mine!

5. Ocarina of Time/Majoras Mask
4. Skyward Sword
3. Wind Waker
2. Really diggin the new 3DS Zelda art style!
1. Twilight Princess

Oh yeah, I'm making a Zelda fan film! It will really help if you add me as a friend or something, and also subscribe to my YouTube channel, all links will be on my page. And add my 3DS friend code! Here is a screenshot of the movie! THANKS!

screenshotbang.jpg

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'd say my favourite would have to be Skyward Sword's. I liked Wind Waker's graphics, but didn't like the dis-proportionate people and similar things; so Skyward Sword was almost perfect for me. Some settings really was beautiful too. So, that.

Hmm... artstyles don't really grab my attention in alot of games overall, so I don't really have top 5 favorites for Zelda. But If I had to pick at least one artstyle as my favorite, I'd go for Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask's artstyle purely because it's more generic than most of the artstyles as of late and it's an artstyle that I think suits Zelda the most.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Twilight Princess easily. I feel more realistic is the way to go with the series from this point onward (for the non handheld games). I really hope Zelda Wii-U delivers on what the tech demo shows.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
1. OoT/MM (original not that crap of 3D)
2. OoT3D
3. TP

That's about it really.

I prefer the "atypical" look of both Skyward Sword and The Wind Waker. Both of them stepped outside of the box with their art styles, an attribute of the series which I found paramount. I am hoping that Zelda WiiU delivers a similar, yet unique design...

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
5. Ocarina of Time 3d
4. Skyward Sword
3. Twilight Princess
2. The Wind Waker
1. Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't really have a preference of one specific art style, but I definitely prefer the art styles that aren't afraid to be "different" by breaking away from the standard and cliche "realistic" look that so many unimaginative 3rd party games have nowadays. It's a high fantasy series, for cryin' out loud. It should try to think outside the box with its art styles every bit as much as it does with its gameplay. We need more variety in how games look, and Zelda being the series it is should be one of the head honchos leading the way in such an endeavor.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I much prefer the art styles that dare to be different from the pack. I am so sick and tired of the "realistic" look, the traditional medieval look in particular, I just can't get into a game that only has that aesthetic. When I sit down to play a game, I want it to look and feel like nothing else out there. It's a new game, it should feel like one! And Zelda is a fantasy series, that means it can pretty much do anything it wants instead of conforming to the trappings of a traditional setting. (That's why it's really hard for me to try and get back into TP; if it wasn't for Zant, who is totally awesome, I wouldn't even try.)

To that end, I like the cel-shaded look of WW and its two direct sequels, the anime-esque look of OoT and MM, and in particular the impressionist look of SS; Its vivid impressionism is currently tied with Okami's sumi-e brush style for my all-time favorite art style.

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
Well, I like the Cel style used in TWW, PH and ST. Here's my list of the top five, number one is the best:
1. Cel (Waker, Hourglass, Spirit)
2. Wii TP
3. N64
4. Game Boy
5. NES\SNES

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Im really liking the WiiU tech demo look, if they can pull that off then im good, but if they made another console cel-shaded game, I wouldnt judge it as quickly as i did WW back when it came out, im more open minded these days!

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
For me:

1 (and favourite). Skyward Sword
2. Twilight Princess
3. Ocarina of Time (3D version)
4. Majora's Mask

Don't have a fifth, I don't like the toon style. Sorry, I just don't, never have and never will. If I wanted that I'd play Mario.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom