• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Protagonist

Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Protagonist

• Yugi Muto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jaden Yuki

• Yusei Fudo

• Yuma Tsukomo

• Total voters

Fig

The Altruist
What's happening forums? I hope you guys are having a great time!

It's about a decade since it's release and the series is still going on! That's right folks, I'm talking about the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game! The anime is currently on it's fourth generation and featured the new type of monsters: XYZ Monsters (pronounced ik-zees or XZ). With that being said I would like to know which main protagonist was your personal favorite! :3

Mine is still the classic Yugi Muto! I can relate on how he was throughout the series. I love his compassion and kindness towards others, willing to do anything for their safety. A close second is Yusei Fudo from Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's. He's awesome and I love the Synchro Monsters that came in the third generation. In third is Yuma Tsukomo from Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal, the new show of the series. I love his laidback personality and how Astral reminded me of The Pharaoh and Yugi! :3 I love that nostalgia feeling!
Lastly comes Jaden Yuki from Yu-Gi-Oh GX. I'm not saying he was a bad protagonist, he was like a modern Yugi so to speak, but there's just something about him that I don't like about him. It's probably because of his design as he's the only main protagonist (from the four generations) to have brown hair while the others have black hair. :xd:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Judai/Jaden Yuki is easily my favorite protagonist of the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! series of anime. Now, I can understand why people hate him, but for me? I just loved his antics as well as his voice. He had some good friends, and I really respect him for that. He was like a high school freshman in someways, much like myself, and he wasn't ever "hard" on people.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Jaden. I dunno, he seemed a lot more, erm, realistic to me than the other ones. I usually don't like the happy, outgoing characters, but Jaden was very appealing to me nonetheless. :3 I honestly never liked Yugi too much because of a couple of reasons, one of which was because of how overly dramatic he and Yami were... Yusei, to me, seemed to be split between being a cool, mysterious, laid-back character and a stereotypical hero-type of guy, which was such a strange mix the way they did it that it didn't appeal to me.

I've never actually seen Yuma yet outside of pictures of what he looks like, so I can't count him...

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I felt that the series had it's decline, especially coming to it's protagonists. I adored the GX series, therefore Jaden Yuki is easily my favorite. Yugi Muto is definitely my second favorite. I thought he was a very interesting character, especially when coming to his personality. I never bothered to watch Yu-Gi-Oh! after Yugi and Jaden, so I have no general opinion about the other two. Although, what is up with their hair? Seriously, what kind of hair gel do they use?

O

octorock

yusei fudo the idea of riding 600 mph bikes while dueling is just epic.:cool:

Yugi Mutou! Not that there's anything wrong with the new guys but a few years back I was kind of a fangirl of his, so of course I have a soft spot for him above any of the others. I just loved what a shy, quiet kid he was in the first arc of the manga, and it was great seeing him come out of that and make all kinds of friends. He's always been very easy for me to relate to.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
It took me a really long time to move past GX and watch the other series. During that time, I figured no one would take Yugi's place as my favorite protagonist in the franchise. However, I then watched 5Ds and that changed. Yusei Fudo was a cool character and as far as I'm concerned, the best duelist in the entire series. It's tough for me to put anyone over the original Yugi Motou, but Yusei Fudo was just awesome incarnate.

Dan

Yu gi oh! IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-UEL!
Yeah I would go with yu-gi as well, he has hair to die for after-all, and he's one cool looking man. I wish yu-gi were on the forum he would really liven the place up, "ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS BELIEVE IN THE HEART OF THE POST". Silly yu-gi :P

Lamphobic

The Brony
Jaden Yuki because he was the one I grew up watching.

I liked Yugi Moto a bit because I saw him too but his plot went on forever and I never really saw the majority or the end of it so it leaves a bad feeling in my heart.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I like Yuma because his hair is more ridiculous than any I have ever seen before xD
And I just kinda like him. xP

I haven't watched GX or Zexil so i have no opinion on either of them. Out of the two i have seen, i perfer Yugi. Yusei is a good guy and everything, but i didn't like the idea of playing a card game on a motorcycle. Yugi was the first and best protagonist IMO who made a huge impact on the way i view the card game. The 5000 year old Pharaoh
Atem
was also another reason why i enjoyed the show. It had a great story and i enjoyed the ending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom