• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Words

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Hindrance ( a thing that provides resistance, delay, or obstruction to something or someone ) has been my favorite word for several years. I also really like abhor ( regard with disgust and hatred. ) The words just feel more powerful than some of their equivalents (bother, or hate)

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
C o c k.

IPA: [kok]. A word cannot go wrong if it contains two unvoiced velar plosives to begin and close the syllable. And [o] is a wonderful phoneme as are all close mid-back rounded vowels and their positional cousins. Put the two together and you have an exquisite sounding word in my personal opinion.

And I'm talking about the animal, not the slang term for penis - get your mind out of the gutter and I'm being totally serious. It's a shame this perfectly good word has a vulgar alternative definition. Not that there's anything wrong with vulgar terminology, but roosters must get tired of it.

I really love how it sounds. It's got that distinctive West Germanic flavor to it that I find really phonetically pleasing.

I love c o c k s in real life too; my neighbors have a bunch of c o c k s that I often play with whenever I get time. I actually have quite a few of pictures of me surrounded by lots of c o c k s that I could upload in the Picture Thread if you guys want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom