• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Web Browser?

Preferred web browser?

• Total voters
I've been using Firefox since 2004. I switched to Chrome for a good chunk of the 2010s because, honestly, Firefox ran like crap in comparison on my pathetic computer but I kept going back. I was never truly comfortable using Chrome because A) Google is a privacy nightmare, 2), I prefer to use free (as in freedom) software whenever possible and C) Google is a privacy nightmare.

Thankfully, Firefox released a major overhaul last year (FIrefox Quantumn) that brings it up to par with Chrome, at the very least and allowed it to play nice with my hardware, so goodbye Chrome!

Also, Ninja, you should consider switching to uBlock Origin (specifically Origin) because Adblock Plus is pretty sketchy. uBlock works just as well (it uses the same filter lists and any custom filters you've set can be imported) and has robust options if you want greater protection and control over what content pages load.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Switched from Chrome to Firefox about half a year ago because Chrome just straight up died one day. Just refused to load anything. After about twenty minutes of attempting to load, I'd get basic html sites. Chrome incognito worked for whatever reason, but using that always made me feel shady, so after I decided I'd had enough, I switched to Firefox. I've grown quite comfortable to it by now, and it's my main browser for work and home use.

I still don't know what broke in Chrome, I tried installing and uninstalling it to no available. A little bit ago, it woke up for no apparent reason, but it's too late, I've settled into Firefox.

Dan

On my tablet I use brave. I would much rather use Firefox but it randomly crashes and I can't be bothered to troubleshoot the issues. On my Phone I use Firefox, brave, and chrome, although chrome mostly for testing purposes.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I use Google Chrome for one main reason, I can easily install Ad blockers onto my browser, although I do recall when I had a 2015 MacBook that Chrome would go on strike and wouldn't even open forcing me to uninstall chrome and reinstall it, that was annoying as hell, thankfully I now have a 2019 MacBook and those days are now a thing of the past.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I've been a Firefox user for at least a decade now. Don't know why I downloaded it initially, but it's what I've stuck with and I've never been able to shift to anything else.

netscape-hero.jpg

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
My favorite browser is Firefox. Always has been since 2006, and nothing else has really topped it for me. I do use Chrome as a secondary browser, though.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I use chrome and I am happy I do cuz after my last laptop died I was was devastated cuz I would have lost a lot of bookmarks if it hadn't been for my Google account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom