• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Web Browser?

Preferred web browser?

• Total voters

Ninja

Well well well
I've tried many different web browsers over the years and I always end up going back to Google Chrome. It's always been a fast, reliable, lightweight, and easy browser to use. The extensions are pretty good compared to before. Ad Blocker Plus catches most of them, Hover Zoom makes viewing media easy, and the Honey extension has actually saved me money before!

Firefox always used up too many resources on my computer, and Opera always seemed a step behind. What about you guys? Which browser do you prefer to use and why?

For my smartphone however, I have to use Samsung Internet, as my Swiftkey Keyboard always glitches out when I try to post here on the forums when using mobile Google Chrome.

QcFQOVmY_o.png

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Since the last 4/5 years I use Opera. I used FF the most but it started to crash on me so many times I decided to kick it off and downloaded Opera. I'm very satisfied with it. I don't see myself switch to another browser anytime soon.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
Google Chrome, both for desktop and phone. But I still have Firefox in case I need to view an outdated flash-based animation.

I'm not too privy to the technical reasons behind why I use Chrome, it's just what I've naturally gravitated towards. Its likely that I switch whenever I experience an annoying problem, and I've just rarely experienced problems with Chrome.

everything-is-chrome-in-the-future.jpg

Led

I have marked another one, although I mainly use Google Chrome myself.
However, the most I like and cheer for other browsers, especially ddgo

Dan

I'm still using Firefox. I never made that switch over to Chrome. There's less and less incentive to use Firefox now as all the functions that made it unique keep getting striped away. I do use Chrome as a secondary browser and for testing purposes.

Usually Safari or Chrome, but recently I’ve been using Bing, as google blocks some things for no reason.

Dan

Usually Safari or Chrome, but recently I’ve been using Bing, as google blocks some things for no reason.

Chrome itself is blocking websites? Or do you mean Google's search engine is blocking websites from results?

Dan

From results, including images.
Yeah I've noticed that too. I usually use an alternative search engine to Google but I'll resort to it when I need to find something more specific. I'm often left surprised when I can't find certain websites that are easily found on other search engines. Google are definitely hiding more and more results and I suspect it must be hurting them a bit.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Firefox primarily. I still have chrome installed but I avoid Google products as much as possible. Because f-k google.

Of course now that google is in the business of removing basic functionality from their browser, I figure people will be having less and less incentive to use it. You know someone's gone full ****** when they remove the view image button from their image search.

Firefox is still lacking in basic functionality features. The most prominent is image searches. If I need to search an image, I have to do it in chrome. So if anyone knows of an alternative method I'm all ears! I really want chrome the f*** OFF my pc. Because f-k google.

I've recently been clued in to a browser called Brave. I have yet to install it but I'm hoping it's THE ONE. It's another one of those web services that claim they don't track you.

Seriously people. Stop using google. That company's a cesspool run by creeps.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
My mom has microsoft edge on her computer, which is what I use when being on ZD when I am not using my phone. However it sucks ass.

Chrome. The world needs only chrome

I used to use Chrome a lot but now just Vivaldi since Chrome started crashing a lot for me in recent years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom