• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Way to Beat Dark Link

S

SageZelda

I decided to play OoT for nostalgia's sake & I'm up to the Water Temple right now. I was wondering what everyone's favorite way to beat Dark Link was. I've searched quite a few guides but none of them even mention my favorite way to beat him & it's quite effective. I just cheese him to death with the Megaton Hammer. So how do you handle him?

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
i use the megaton hammer, because he really doesn't fight back. also a few megaton hammer shots, and then a few din's fire shots

Austin

Austin
The sword. I dislike the megaton hammer method, it makes it impossible to lose. That's my issue with the Water Temple, both the boss and mini-boss have massive weaknesses that are easy to exploit.

S

SageZelda

I do agree it's pretty unfair to use the hammer but it is my favorite & I've tried all of my weapons. I normally use the hammer in the regular game but I try to defeat him with the Master Sword in Master Quest. The difficulty for the whole game increased a little so I may as well make that fight more difficult.

C

Carben

I would use the Megaton Hammer because Dark Link does in fact get pretty repeatability and I sometimes do not have the patience to continue and slash away, praying to get a hit on him. Sometimes when just playing for a regular run and I want to see what bosses could really do, I would just use my Master Sword to see if Dark Link could be quite a threat when playing on a Three-Heart challenge. :)

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Din's fire was easiest, but my favorite was with the Biggoron sword because I forgot I had it out and was proud of myself for beating him in swordplay. Then, of course, I found out I still hadn't done it the hard way. Oops. Did beat him with the Master sword once, though, which was more fun than I expected. (I am not an expert strategist and am still not sure what I did, but it added to the drama.)

O

OceanaOfTime

A-ha! I always use the Master Sword. (: It's the most fun, and makes me feel most accomplished when i finally do beat him. It's nice to have an actual hard fight.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I've always used the Master Sword. Frankly there aren't enough one-on-one sword fights in these games. You always have either some weird monster that dies in a few shots, some idiot goblin-like enemies swinging random sticks, the occasional archer that runs away when you approach, or bosses with a single obvious weakness. I cherish every proper (or pseudo-proper) sword fight I can get, be it the Iron Knuckle, Darknut, Ganondorf (when he has his swords and is not randomly shooting magic), or Dark Link. To use the Megaton Hammer or Din's Fire would feel too much like another monotonous "exploit bizarre weakness" kind of fight. Link has a sword. Let him fight traditionally every once in a while. Plus, I find it infinitely more fun and rewarding to fight without scale-tipping advantages.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
It's a lot of fun to fight him with just a Master Sword, I enjoy having a sword fight with someone worthy! haha

Usually it takes a lot of my hearts though and I end up reverting to the cowardice of Din's Fire :xd:

Epwna

The epic turnip king
I always use Megaton hammer, but I admit it's cheap. I beat him no damage on my first playthrough with this method.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Swordplay all the way.

Using the Megaton Hammer and Din's Fire was TOO easy. I prefer the hard, painful, terrifying, edgy but more rewarding way. There are only a few good bosses who uses swords to fight with in OoT. Though the stalfos uses a shield and sword, They are easy to beat, especially with a bomb. So using a sword to battle the fated meeting of Link and his dark side sounds more epic, more worth it and more challenging than anything else in the game.

I use the broken giants knife! When you use the thrust move (forward and :cool: he will jump on the blade and smack you .But with the broken giants knife it's blade is too short for him to jump so you'll just stab him dead ! It's sooo funny to watch and do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom