• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Favorite Villain?

Who is your favorite Villain in the series?

• Aghanim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bellum

• Demise

• Ganon (Beast)

• Ganondorf (Gerudo)

• Ghirahim

• Majora

• Malladus

• Onox

• Skull Kid

• Vaati

• Veran

• Zant

• Total voters

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Who's your favorite villain from the Zelda series? Mine is Ghirahim for many reasons.

EDIT: I didn't include the Nightmares from LA in the poll because they're not real; they're part of a dream.

Last edited:

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
i got to go with Gannon, his beast form in ALttP is the same gannon i dealt with since the very first videogame i have played. and he will for ever be my favorite. thats really all i have to say about this!

Demise_

Gwoh hoh hoh!
This is a really hard choice... Ghirahim is cool for many obvious reasons.
However, I did love Ganondorf from TP, the way you have to beat him 4 times and every time he just changes the fight type and isn't even slightly, like, tired or wounded or something. Plus the way he dies is great.
Zant is such a powerful guy, and your main enemy throughout the game, and turns out to be an insane maniac. :P Though I'm not really a fan of him, he is indeed a very unique character.

I think I'll go with Bellum... simply because he's cool. He's an evil monster. Being. Thing. He's described as an "evil phantom", and he is a gooey squid with an eye in the mouth, completely invincible except if you strike his eye with the Phantom Sword. (Which implies that he is invincible to the Master Sword!) He also never speaks, and he is powerful enough to defeat the Ocean King - maybe implying some kind of intelligent beast, with completely evil intentions. Plus he has the power to possess people and things - not just like a lot of other villains posessed Zelda in various games, but he can possess ships and have them grow eyes like his own, and he can transform people into phantom-like knights, and he can simply use life force sucked out of normal people to create invincible knights and terrifying monsters.

Plus, I know no-one else is gonna vote for the DS games, so I might as well do so. :P

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Majora because of his cruel, twisted viewpoint on everything. Not sure how he can treat everything as a game! Ooh, let's play Oni!

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
Gosh, it was such a hard decision between Ghirahim and Zant. I had to go with Ghirahim in the end. Ganondorf and Ganon were close runner-ups though.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
As much as I like Demise for the actual fight, I'm still going with Ganondorf from Ocarina of Time. He's still my golden standard for how a main villain should be; perfect buildup throughout the game, outwitting the player at the halfway point and rising to power, challenging fight even after all these years, and quite frankly the best use of cinematics in the final fights I've seen even now.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Ganondorf in OoT is the best villain we've seen so far. He is powerful, intimidating, bold, and simply epic. That's everything a villain can be.

My namesake failed to be intimidating and serious.

Skullkid/ Majora's Mask got lost in the strangeness and freakiness of MM. He's pretty good, but he just doesn't have that epic feel. I don't know enough about him, and that last boss was a big disapointment.

Zant was just a pawn. If he'd been the main villain and had a great finale, he could have been much better.

Ganon is really the beast form of Ganondorf. He's lost his elegance and wonder.

The others just fail to intimidate or fail to leave a good impression. (I gotta soft spot for the Nightmares in AoL because the game in underrated and they were trying to save their whole world from destruction)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I chose Ganondorf, simply because he is actually the main Villain of the series but to bemore special, the version we seen in Twilight Princess.

Now I know a lot of people would argue that Ganondorf was a rushed job in TP or "he was thrown in at the end" however I disagree with all these statements. I think Zant could have took on the main role but I think TP executed his role as Ganondorfs puppet perfectly, Zant was seen as this extremelydark and ffearful Villain. However once we found out it was ultimately Ganondorf who was the main Villain I think it made a nice transition. Zant was a power crazy Villain filled with rage, in the end he could not handle the power and role handed to him by Ganondorf.

I think the build up and the fall of Zant actually worked in Ganondorfs favour as now we see that the all powerful Zant had only a fraction of Ganondorfs power, seemingly making Ganondorf himself unstoppable. I think the cut scenes that we seen Ganondorf in were actually amazing and some of his lines were the best we have seen in any game. This version seems to be very wise and in control of his power, he actually in a way is very clever with his wording as well as his presence and even death.

Another thing was the actual boss fight itself. This battle was probably the best final boss battle in my opinion, as it had a number of different stages requiring different skills and concepts and some of the settings and fights were epic. I loved the beast version simply because it was quite intimidating and the music actually gave me that slight fear factor which was rare. It was also nice to see a boss battle on horseback as well as the final showdown in which was one of the first one to one sword battles we have actually had with Ganondorf himslef. Just an overall great Villain and boss.

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
I'd have to say the evil Majora. He's so evil. Everything he says is evil. Everything he does is evil. His middle name is probably "Evil". He even has the worlds evilest laugh. He's so evil that he make the evil Devil seem like a good guy. To bad that his evil spirit was destroyed. Now he can't return and be evil once again. Hey, did you know that you by the time you finish reading this evilish post, you would have read the word "evil" twelve times?

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Funnily enough I was gonna go with Nightmare from LA -- the only one you didn't include. ;)

There was more to them than being a dream. Koholint was a dream, the people were a dream... The nightmare that kept them asleep, less so. A force that kept the Wind Fish down to feed off his energy, keeping him powerless inside of his own head.

Plus to a certain degree you can't shrug them all off as being nothing more than a dream. The NPCs, if only to a certain degree, did appear to be alive. Marin's reincarnation is proof enough of that.

i love power in all forms and no character in the Zelda-verse has more power (or made me feel as if it did) than Majora, its a destructive mysterious and down right evil force with no reason, it just is, its powerful just becuase and it destroys because it can and also just because. So Majora gets the vote and will every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom