• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Video Game?

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
I have several...

Super Mario Sunshine, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and Pokemon Platinum being three I can think of off the top of my head.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I can't chose between The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask or Fallout 3.

Metroid Prime is making it up there for me too. I still haven't beat it though.

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'd probably say either System Shock, or Deus Ex. It's a tie between those two really. I also adored stuff like Half Life, and Thief, Half Life 2, and Final Fantasy 8, those are all up there among, but it's the former 2 who I constantly can't decide between. I think I'll likely have to go with System Shock, only because that game was one of the greatest, and probably most influential games, ever created. And have to respect it for that. I mean, most games people have mentioned in this thread owe elements of their gameplay to System Shock.

So, that! That or Crash Team Racing. Cos ****ing Crash Team Racing.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
More recently I've decided not to say I have an all time favorite game, because that all really depends on what my mood is.

That being said, my favorite game right now is Final Fantasy VI. I love this game to death, truly one of the best RPGs ever.

Last edited:

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
No game will ever surpass the love that I hold for Chrono Trigger.

Its infinite replay value, wonderful story and colourful characters constantly brings me back to it.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Ultima Underworld. An unmitigated masterpiece and the inspiration for the Elder Scrolls franchise.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I actually recently bought Ultima Underworld again, 1 & 2 from GOG.com. Was brilliant, but then, wasn't it made by the Looking Glass studio guys? Probably one of the most talented development studios ever, with what they came out with.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
So hard to differentiate between nostalgia hmm...

There are so many great games that I have played over the years; Bioshock, Heavy Rain, Shadow of the Colossus, Pokemon Sapphire, Spyro, Super Mario Galaxy and so on. However I see three stand out games that I hate to choose between and they are GTA San Andreas , Twilight Princess and Fallout New Vegas. These three games are so different from each other that I really find it hard to choose between the three so I'll just name these as my joint favourites :p

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I actually recently bought Ultima Underworld again, 1 & 2 from GOG.com. Was brilliant, but then, wasn't it made by the Looking Glass studio guys? Probably one of the most talented development studios ever, with what they came out with.

Looking Glass was the result of a merger between Blue Sky Productions and Lerner Research in 1990 (they published games under both pre-merger games until UW2 in 1993). Their resume is impressive, indeed.

Chuck Yeager's Air Combat
Ultima Underworld
System Shock
Flight Unlimited
Terra Nova: Strike Fore Centauri
Thief: The Dark Project

F

Flinn Rai

Top faves (in no particular order):

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Fire Emblem (the first one released in North America, Gameboy Advance, Hector was sick)
3. Starcraft
4. SW: KotOR
5. DK 64 (loved Fungi Forest made the whole game worth it to me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom