• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Video Game Music

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
My favorite game pieces are the Ho-Oh battle from Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver, the TP Hyrule Field theme, and Oath to order from Majora's Mask.

J

Joshua

My favorite video game music is

1. Sanctuary [Kingdom hearts 2]

2. Three minutes clapping [twewy]

3. Transformation (transformed) [twewy]

4. the one star [twewy]

5. transformation [twewy]

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
Mi gusta...

1. Midna's Theme & her lament hour (Twilight Princess)

2. Game Clear music (SSB:cool:

3. Sage Fado's Song (Wind Waker)

4. Princess Zelda's Awakening (Wind Waker)

5. Bolero of Fire ( Oot)

:)

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Post Your Favourite Video Game Music!

I know there has been a similar thread like this but it's been inactive for almost a year now, so here goes a new one!

Rules: Post up to 5 of your favourite video game music tracks! You may include one title per game series. Give the name of the series and the particular game.

Here goes mine (no particular order):

- Zelda: Song of Healing (Majora's Mask, 2000, Kōji Kondō*)

IMO simply the best and most powerful song of the whole Zelda series!

- Final Fantasy: Boss Battle (Final Fantasy III, 1990, Nobuo Uematsu*)

Such a catchy tune, it will stay in your head forever!

- Pokémon: Gym Leader Battle (R/B/Y, 1996, Junichi Masuda*)

Pure Nostolgia!

- Nazo no Murasamejō Main Theme (1986, Kōji Kondō*)

Early work of Kōji Kondō, very catchy! BTW the roots of Zelda might be in this game.

- Mario: Giant Baby Bowser (Yoshi's Island, 1995, Kōji Kondō*)

Fits the Mario series perfectly!

As you can see I only included older Nintendo songs, but that's because they make up >90% of the games I've played until now :)

*I'm not 100% sure about the composers, but according to several sources they were the main/only composers of the mentioned games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Oh lordy. My favorite video game songs? This is going to take a while.

#5. Tetris Series: Original Tetris Theme

Who can not like this epic, catchy, 8bit song? I felt I had to put it up.

#4. Pokemon Series: Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Team Rocket Battle

This brings back so much nostalgia of playing the original Gold and Silver that I cry. *sob*

#3. Super Mario Series: Super Mario Galaxy 2 Throwback Galaxy

Anybody who grew up playing SM64 (myself included) will absolutely love this song.

#2. The Legend of Zelda Series: Ocarina of Time Ganon Battle

Tell me. Who here has peed their pants from the sheer awesomeness that is this song?

#1. Final Fantasy Series: Final Fantasy VI Searching for Friends

I just love the song. It's so incredibly epic that it makes me explode with pure joy from the beauty of the song. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the greatest song to ever grace my ears. There were quite a few contenders for my favorite FF song such as the final battle theme from VI and A New World from V, but Searching for Friends just takes the cake without a doubt. And no, that cake is not a lie.

Mute

一員
This is going to be tough, but here are mine, in no particular order. I also will try to avoid spoilers if I have any spoilers come from scenes with the music.

Single game - Astal: The Crystal Palace. Astal actually has some pretty great music, but this one sticks out to me the most. It's a calm yet amazing track, plus the fact that it's close to the end of the game makes it have a bit of an uplifting effect.

Atelier series - Mana Khemia: Nefertiti. This is just a really great boss battle theme, in fact, I found it hard to choose between a lot of music from the game. This is one of the themes that most people consider the best, so I chose it. There's no real deep meaning from it for me, it's just an awesome battle theme.

Final Fantasy series - Final Fantasy IX: You're Not Alone!. This was even harder, I had to choose between two XI tracks and another from IX. I picked this one because I know the XI tracks may wind up being posted anyway. Also, this one is actually one of my favourite things of music to listen to because of how oddly uplifting and powerful it feels.

Disgaea series(Makai series? Not sure.) - Phantom Brave: Heaven's Garden. (Warning: Vocals) This was another hard choice, Disgaea 2's credits being the other one. But this song really just seems like everything in the game combined into one. There's not really that much I can say about it other than the way it's used in the game works in a way that makes me love it more.

MOTHER/Earthbound series - MOTHER 3: It Is Finished. This, just this. This is what most people who have played MOTHER 3 heard as they realized there was water coming from their eyes and running down their cheeks. In fact, I beat the game 2 years ago and I still tear up just from this. I also wind up getting chills from most of the tracks in the entire series. It's probably the most emotional track in a game I've ever heard, next to the Love Theme, which this essentially is, I just chose this version because of what's going on when it plays.

Well, that was the hardest list I've put together and I'll take this time to say that I recommend the music from each of those games and series, not just the songs I posted, they're all great.

Last edited:

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
In no particular order, and there are soooo many honorable mentions but I'm adhering to the OP's thread rule of listing just 5. I tried to go by which songs put the biggest impact on me and drew me into the game the most memorably when I heard them.

Streets of Rage (Genesis) Boss Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHN8w6XyJJQ
Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest (NES) Dracula's Castle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFm7L4NunlQ
Zelda OoT (N64) Ganon's Tower: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZsVnTWe7vM
Perfect Dark (N64) Area 51 Escape (in particular starting at 2:48): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T89smpJ24Go
Ninja Gaiden (NES) Masked Devil Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQl-QqglRWE

I was really torn on which PD song to put .. that game has probably my all time favorite game soundtrack.

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
As a project that I have in mind, I wanna upload my favorite Valkyrie Profile music to Youtube. This is one of my favorite ones at the moment, and yes, I uploaded it. Not very good but I will try to improve once I get back home. :P

Last edited by a moderator:

insanity76

I love Promise reprise .. that scene with Angela was so eerie .. the music fit it like a glove.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I love Promise reprise .. that scene with Angela was so eerie .. the music fit it like a glove.

I think it is THE most beautiful song in video game history, even if it isn't very long. I mean it is so good they had to include it into the Silent Hill film aswell.

insanity76

As far as Silent Hill 2 goes, I lean a little more to True as my favorite. But the whole soundtrack is just so good, there's literally no song I don't love on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom