• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Video Game Music

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I have played some really good games that had very good music. So I wish to know if you've felt the same for some game, or games. Did you like the music in it? If so, share those games here.

Here are mine from most liked to least.

-- I thought Valkyrie Profile's music was great. I love it, I even have them on my Windows Media Player and I also carry them in my mp3 Pearl. I listen to them every day...right now I am listening to those songs. That is how much I love the music from this game.

--I also played Skies of Arcadia for the Gamecube. A really nice rpg. I thought the music in that game was also great, and so I have most of the tracks saved in my mp3 and WMP.

Other game music that comes to mind that is cool are from the following games:
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind waker, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Gladius (ps2, GC) and the Advanced Wars Series.

Len

Zelda On Paper
this is a cool post: lets see

the banjo tooie soundtrack was my firts favoryte (i really loved witchyworld circus tune)
then has come paper mario (n64) the main battles music was really nice and cool
and from then comes: super mario galaxy (wow, orchestral music is really cool)
the legend of zelda WW: the main theme and the sailing tune
I got many favorite tunes on each game like castlevania the circle of the moon, the main castle theme. and metal slug 3, "midnight wanderers" mission 2.

Kybyrian

Dig Dug's music was own. You just can't deny it. You walk around and you'd make the noise and dig around and make noise and blow those enemies up and make the noise and fire and the end stage music. Classic.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I can't pick simply one game, but I can narrow it down to 2 games: Chrono Trigger and Banjo Kazooie.

Chrono Trigger just had so many songs, and they were all amazing. They were either really happy, really creepy, really emotional, etc.

Banjo Kazooie's songs I find bring back a lot of memories for me from when I was little. Plus, I like what Rare does with the Overworld in that as you approach a level, the style of the music changes. And, I actually think it's the music that got me back into the game after a serious lull.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUCejuIMYIg

D

dug428

Pretty much EVERY song in Bowser's inside Story was AMAZING! I love it!

DreamDevourer

Born to Fail
The beauty of Yansori Mitsuda's Chrono Trigger songs are unparralled in any other game today.

The man is almost as good as Disturbed.

xandar

World's Dumbest Zombie.
I've personally always been quite partial to any game which has its own orchestrated music, which has become quite popular with some of the newer games. Twilight Princess was one particular game I liked for this, and I also liked how it was the same song only played in forty-seven different ways for Hyrule Field, the mountain, and the Gerudo Desert, plus several other places, that was cool. All of the Zelda games have always had some of my favorite music, and I've actually learned to play a couple o' tunes on my pipes. The overworld theme of LoZ played on the bagpipes really gets a crowd to go crazy.

I also quite enjoyed the music in Halo 3: ODST. The first Halo had a pretty cool, blood-pumping theme that came up every time you were about to suddenly fall into a firefight with forty billion aliens, and a few other neat songs, but I really like the turn that ODST took with the music. Through a large part of the game, you're running around through the ruins of a city that had been destroyed only a few hours prior, and it's got this dark overtone as you run around, dodging alien fire and sneaking through to your objective. The score is quite different in these parts from the previous trilogy, and it's actually an amazing listen.

These are the ones that stood out to me as among my favorites in the past few years, but other games I enjoyed the music from particularly included the Tales series, SSB Brawl (That crazy cool operatic thing), Braid, and I love the simplistic soundtrack in Super Mario Brothers as well as several other old school games.

My top 30:

35. Clyde in the Caldera - Pac Man World 2

34. Level 2 - Pac Man World 2

33. Time Bomb/Ridley/Draygon - Super Metroid

32. Ending - Metroid

31. Mute City - F-Zero

30. Level One - Altered Beast

29. The Moon - Ducktales

28. Area 6 - Star Fox 64

27. Great Palace - Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

26. Beat It [Street] - Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (So much better than the real version)

25. Sonic Boom - Sonic CD

24. Jurassic Australia - Battle Lode Runner

23. Japan - Battle Lode Runner

22. Mother - Super Smash Brothers Melee

21. Big Blue - F-Zero

20. Every Soundtrack - Pictobits

19. Level 1 - Castlevania

18. Bowsers Castle + Defeated Bowser Tune + Ending tune - Super Mario Bros

17. Overworld 1 - Super Mario Bros 3

16. Trailer theme - Super Mario Galaxy 2

15. Underworld - Kid Icarus

14. Enter Boss Fight tune + Pokey Means Business - Earthbound

13. Water Level - Super Mario 64

12. Open Your Heart - Sonic Adventure

11. Bob-omb Battlefield - Super Mario 64

10. End Credits - SBCG4AP Episode 5

9. Dark World - A Link to the Past

8. Lost Woods - A Link to the Past

7. Dr. Wily's Castle - Megaman 2

6. Overworld - Super Mario Bros 2

5. Cave - Super Mario Bros 2

4. Boss - Super Mario Bros 2

3. Wart - Super Mario Bros 2

2. Gang Plank Galleon - Donkey Kong Country

1. Beware the Forest Mushrooms - Super Mario RPG

Last edited:
I would like to say that Dearly Beloved from the Kingdom Hearts series may just be the most beautiful piece of music I've ever heard in any video game. The Song of Healing from MM is also way up there, as it gives me that emotional vibe that Dearly Beloved gives.

I also must say that the Eight Melodies from Mother/Earthbound made me cry the first time hearing them. Now I feel a little sad when listening to them. I also love every Metroid track in the original and super versions. Especially the ending in the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom