• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Favorite Version of Hyrule Kingdom?

Favorite Version of Hyrule?

• Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Ocarina of Time

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Spirit Tracks New Hyrule

• Total voters
I would have to say TP was my favorite land of Hyrule overworld. I feel like TP Hyrule had the most optional exploration and whatnot. OoT had a big overworld and field, but there wasn't much to find in it except for the big poes when you're an adult. LoZ had a lot of exploration and discovery elements as well (actually more than TP when I think about it), but it obviously can't compare to TP in terms of graphics. AoL had a huge map, but I didn't like the overworld battle/encounter system. You weren't able to really explore New Hyrule in ST which was a huge disappointment. I'm not a fan of specific travel based overworlds. Lastly, MC and ALttP didn't really leave much of an impression on me at all...

General Skel

Stalfos!!!
I really love the Hyrule from Twilight Princess. It's vast and has lots of secret caves and holes everywhere. But if I could choose another one, it would be Ocarina Of Time.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Thinking back...something I really liked about Twilight Princess Hyrule is the races. The Gorons lived on the mountains and the Zora's lived in their Domain and Lake Hylia. Simple. In Ocarina of Time, the Gorons and Zoras were both locked away behind some kind of barrier that only people of importance could pass (The Kakariko Gate and the Waterfall).

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
The real beauty is the Ocarina of Time one. It's a brilliant area with so many unique locations and peoples. You've got a desert full of all-female thieves, a volcano with a race of rock people, a race of fish-people inside of a watery domain, a race of magical forest midgets, a bizarre town haunted by ghosts, and an epic quest to bind it all together. You can get so involved in the people, places, and things that the world is a greater "link" to the game that Link himself. It's all just so interesting. Later, the once beautiful land is in decay. Link must then re-encounter the old characters and events to save them. You get a real connection with each person and place as you quest to save them. It's just so involved and fun, I can't think of any game to top it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom