• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Favorite Version of Hyrule Kingdom?

Favorite Version of Hyrule?

• Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Ocarina of Time

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Spirit Tracks New Hyrule

• Total voters

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
What is your favorite version of Hyrule Kingdom?
(FS and FSA don't really count, we can't traverse the sunken Hyrule in WW, and SS wasn't an open over world. heck it wasn't even Hyrule yet)

Mine personally is Twilight Princess. To me it feels most like a Kingdom while at the same time having an extremely diverse array of areas.

What do you think?

I would say Ocarina of Time out of nostalgia, but I'm going with Minish Cap. There's an air of prosperity that really brings out the Kingdom aspect of it. Unity is felt throughout all of its regions.

Twilight Princess is good, too, as they make the Castle itself a strongly felt presence, but the areas felt too divided to feel like a Kingdom, in my opinion.

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
I'm a great fan of Twilight Princess, and next to its story, the scenary is one of the most outstanding features in the game. The style, the beauty of it, the chance to see its "twilight version", the continuous discovery of new little areas as the game progress, all of that makes it a very enjoyable land. I particularly like the ruins scattered all arround, it makes me wander what a great empire Hyrule had been, and also what happened so that no one cares any longer about those old fortifications.

People complain it's too empty, but once you have found all the goods, you can warp from place to place, so the field doesn't stay in your way.

And nothing compares to ride Epona through the vast -yet far from monotonous- land of Hyrule.

Twilight Princess! I love Hyrule Field(so what if it's a little empty?) and all the different areas like Lake Hylia, Death Mountain, Snowpeak, Hyrule Castle Town, etc.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I would say Ocarina of Time out of nostalgia, but I'm going with Minish Cap. There's an air of prosperity that really brings out the Kingdom aspect of it. Unity is felt throughout all of its regions.
Yep, this is my opinion as well. I just love Minish Cap's portrayal of the Kingdom. What I especially felt as unity was during the Malon miniquest - not often do you get to see one man or two man caravans taking milk shipments to town. It kind of touched down to the "personal" level in that respect.
Twilight Princess is good, too, as they make the Castle itself a strongly felt presence, but the areas felt too divided to feel like a Kingdom, in my opinion.
I also like this opinion, but I have to say with the overall ebb and flow of TP, that the divisions spread throughout the game actually made it feel more of a Kingdom than past iterations (bar TMC of course). A real kingdom does have divisions even when they're united - it's only in fairy tales do you see completely united, "for the King!" types.

ProtagonistJake

Shepard
I say TP because it actually looks and functions as a world.
Too bad theres nothing in it
BAZINGA

But seriously.
I said Link to the Past because there's the size is as grand and full of life as the amount of content packed into it.
Second choice wouldve been Minish Cap

Secret Option "Termina" conquers all though

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
Twilight Princess would be my favorite. It's so open and there's lots to do in this Hyrule.

Salem

SICK
I like all Hyrule versions, I think they're all special in their own way.

Alttp's is compact, Loz is exploration based, TP's is big, OoT is also compact in it's own way and so on.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I think I will go with Twilight Princess for this one.

I've complained in the past about the emptiness of Hyrule Field, but it is like that in most of the games. Twilight Princess' Hyrule contains some of my personal favourite locations in the series, including Castle Town, my favourite version of Zora's Domain, and new areas such as Snowpeak and Gerudo Desert. This particular version of the Kingdom of Hyrule is more like what real countries are like. There are several different provinces, a capital city, a parliament building of some sort (Hyrule Castle), an extensive waterway network, an active volcano, a frozen glacier, a large desert, and more. The diversity, and the expansiveness makes it one of a kind.

And then there is also the fact that the place contains two ghost towns. Kakariko Village, once a thriving place, driven down to nothing because of an antagonistic force. The same goes for the Hidden Village. But it also has those places, such as Castle Town, Ordon Village, Zora's Domain, etc. that are still thriving villages. That just adds to the overall diversity of the place.

And then there's the scenery. Although Twilight Princess does have a very dull and rather uninteresting colour palette, the artstyle was amazing! A lot of attention was paid to detail, which makes the place look very dynamic since the landscape is nearly always changing depending on where in Hyrule you are.

It's a toss up between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. I grew up with OoT and it was the second Zelda game I played (first being ALttP), and I played it the most too, so that Hyrule has a special place in my heart. Twilight Princess, however, has the best graphics in any of the Zelda games. Going across Hyrule Fields and traversing the different landscapes just takes your breath away. Watching the sunset is another sight to behold. Seeing the majestic Hyrule Castle as darkness falls on it is awesome.
So if I had to choose strictly on beauty, I'd have to go with TP; however, OoT's Hyrule will forever be #1 in my heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom