• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Unimportant Character?

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
How do you classify "unimportant?"

Someone mentioned Pipit's mom in Skyward Sword - Mallara. I like her a lot, both because of the humor involved with her (you just know she was *flirting* with Link) and the...erhem! sounds she made that were a clear case of Nintendo inserting a bit of naughty into a relatively innocent game, and because of my own narrative that I arbitrarily spun around her involving grief and mental illness (my mental narrative is non-canonical, but is "canon" to my fanfiction). Also, Dragoncat, slamming Pip with Yo Mamma jokes? You are cruel!

Personally, for really "throwaway" characters that somehow "just make the world" - I am quite fond of the random Old Men in the original LoZ and other titles, and the Helpful Moblins. You just never knew what you were going to get when you burned down a bush or bombed a rock. I also have always found it funny when the Old Men send magic death-fire-globs at you if you get mad over paying the door repair fee and attack them.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Lol yeah I may be cruel...but your mom jokes are hilarious and it's all harmless fun xD I would stop if he asked me.

What sounds? You mean when you hit her with the gust bellows...*thinks* Nah, just sounded like someone saying brr because it's cold. I guess my mind isnt as dirty as I thought.

hmm. I liked the bird shopkeeper in Faron Woods in TP...mainly because I enjoyed paying him only 1 rupee instead of the 20 or 30 he asks for the red potion or lantern oil XD

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I was messing around in Twilight Princess last night just because I hadn't played that title in a while. I have a new favorite "unimportant character" entry:

The random animals in TP. I mean, they sometimes give you little helpful hints, but usually stuff you already know (like Jaggle and Pergie's puppy who talks about finding things with your X-senses and digging things up). Last night, I ran into a... random frog. I saw the little "there is someone to talk to here" arrow not knowning what it was pointing at until I saw a little blob going "Ribbit! Ribbit! I don't have anything to say because I didn't expect anyone to come by" or something like that. I mean, that frog is the ultimate unimportant character as he's just randomly there and doesn't even have a hint for you - but he's awesome because he's a thing you might fail to notice! Yay for stupid little details!

My favorite unimportant character would have to be Linder. He is the little Korok in Wind Waker that tells you Makar has gone missing in the Forbidden Woods. The reason I like Linder is that he seems to be a trouble maker. You can tell because when you first see Linder the Great Deku Tree says something like "You and Makar are always late", and the fact that Linder and Makar were by the Forbidden Woods also tells me he is a trouble maker. I like him also because he is a Korok and the Koroks are so cute!

RHhylian

Guru-Guru's strange son
Guru-Guru! He's (except for Happy Mask Salesman and Tingle) the most WTF-like character in the games. I always lol at his story in MM and his paradox thingie in OoT is quite interesting. And of course there is the song of storms....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom