• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite TV Show/Anime Opening/Closing Songs

• Thread starter Deleted member 14134
  • Start date

Should Bok be in Class Now?

• Yes

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Oh no, he forgot all about it

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Shut up bok

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
My favorite themes are Doctor Who, Ducktales, Firefly and the original Pokemon Theme.

Life is like a hurricane here Duckberg. Race cars lasers airplanes it's a duck blur. Might solve a mystery or rewrite history. Ducktales wooo, everyday they're out there making Ducktales woo. D-d-danger watch behind you. there's a stranger out to find you. What's to do now grab onto some Ducktales woo. Everyday they're out there making Ducktales woo. Tales of daring do bad and good luck tales! Woo! Not pony tales or cotton tales no Ducktales! Woo!

Take my love, take my land, take me where I can not stand. I don't know I'm still free you can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can't be since I found Serenity. You can't take the sky from me.

I wanna be the very best like no one ever was, to catch them is my real test to train them is my cause. I will travel across the land searching far and wide, each Pokemon to understand the power that's inside. Pokemon, gotta catch 'em all. Its you and me I know it's my destiny. Pokemon, oh, you're my best friend In a world we must defend. Pokemon, gotta catch 'em all. A heart so true, our courage will pull us through. You teach me and I'll teach you. Pokemon, gotta catch 'em all. Gotta catch 'em all. Pokemon!

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
There's just... so many...
But I guess I'll do a handful.

Firstly, every single JoJo opening is amazingly well animated and directed. Almost every one of them is steeped in subtle (and sometimes not-so-subtle) foreshadowing and symbolism, or builds itself as the show progresses. A lot of them also have some really cool changes when approaching the climax of each major story arc that range from the addition of sound effects to some sort of nod to the antagonist's ability.
Also the songs that are attached to them are stylish, bombastic, and kick-ass (as they well should be).

Bok already covered Steins;Gate.

Spice and Wolf's first opening has some really strong direction going for it too. It does a good job with it's transitions, for example the transition from the bag of wheat, to the coin rolling on the table, to the wagon rolling across the countryside signifies the relationship between the two protagonists. Naturally, I'm not an expert on film, or analysis by any means, and I'm totally getting this stuff from a guy on Youtube with the channel name "Mother's Basement" who actually is, go check him out if you feel inclined.
The song is very tranquil and fits the series' prevalent theme of traveling exceptionally well (and indeed, the song's title is Tabi no Tochuu, which translates as "On a Journey", with like-wise fitting lyrics).

In Gatchaman Crowds' second season opening, insight, I absolutely love the use of cardboard cutouts of the characters in a real world setting to represent motion, plus the visuals and song are pretty great too.

Baccano's opening is also pretty swell. Check it out if you like cool jazzy music attached to a cool jazzy series.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's intro never fails to make me laugh.

There's plenty of others, but these are ones that exist. Might add more later if I think of any that I really feel the need to talk about.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14134

Idk if this counts since it's from a movie but I liked the opening marvel logo spiderman song in homecoming. Thought it was pretty cool, all right, ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom