• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom Favorite things about tears

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
What are some things you liked about tears of the kingdom?
For me, I liked the story and the new abilities. The new bosses were also fun and unique for the most part

Note that this thread is not the place to give criticisms disguised as compliments, make sarcastic comments, or instigate fights about how well executed someone's favorite part of the game is

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I liked the gerudo town defense segment. That was pretty neat, if not particularly complex or challenging.

I also really liked the first two phases of the final boss in particular. Your opponent being able to use abilities that so far only you have been shown to be able to use will always be a neat gimmick in a boss fight.

Pretty much anything related to ultrahand and recall for me. Just so fun to do whatever with and the amount of stuff I’ve seen others create is inspiring. I don’t get these being slept on or some trying to downplay these as “not revolutionary” when I can maybe count one or two other games that have ever done anything near as close to this, and neither are within an open world. But then again what can I expect from those who said the same thing about BotW’s being able to literally climb anything and comparing it to the predesignated spots that Assassin’s Creed will tell you it’s ok to.

There are other things too, though. The music for one, how it builds on stuff already in BotW as well as the callbacks to older games, and how it’s all rearranged to create something new that still fits the tone and atmosphere. The piano was a great fit for the often solitary journey in BotW, and now adding things like the ehru does wonders to add to the mystery as well as the more grandiose setting, among many other elements.

I like that there are better side quests this time around, often even more hidden behind others as well. Not every one is a winner, but there are a lot that are far more involved and I like that many of the characters are recurring. That’s another thing I enjoyed as well, seeing what they do with some NPCs who might have been relatively unimportant before getting bigger roles now. I’m just worried one of my favorites may not be in anymore…need to go look for her cabin in Hebra but I don’t recall seeing it when I did the Rito stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom