• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Things About Mario Kart

The Mario Kart series is long standing as one of my all time favorites. It's just an absurd amount of fun, and it takes a fair amount of time for it to get old (for me at least). I'm positive I'm not alone in this, because everyone loves Mario Kart. It's sort of an ultimate good. From the aging nostalgic retro crowd, to the excitable fast jumping everymen of the Nintendo crowd, to the guntoting future war criminals of the hardcore crowd; Mario Kart can be picked up and enjoyed by pretty much anyone.

My personal favorite Mario Kart game is a close call between Mario Kart: Double Dash and Mario Kart 7. What I love about 7 is mostly just the large selection of excellent courses and the online multiplayer that sets you up with random people from all over. It's the only game where I enjoy that sort of thing. Double Dash on the other hand I enjoy because of the way it throws in special items to make characters feel different from one another, and also the more simple (and markedly more memorable) kart selection than what has been implemented in later installments. My favorite track is a tougher choice, but I think any list of ones tied for the position would be The Airship from Mario Kart DS, Music Park from Mario Kart 7, Wario Colosseum from Double Dash, or really any of the Rainbow Road and Bowser's Castle stages.

So I just wanted to see, what is your favorite Mario Kart game? Also, what is your favorite track from the series?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Mario Kart Wii is my favorite because MOTORCYCLES. Honestly I wish they kept motorbikes in 7 but NOO they just had to go with the other things that I didn't care for. :U

My favorite track would be any original track in 64 or Wii.

I'd also like to add...what do people dislike abuot MKWii? I LOVED that game. :(

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Favourite Mario Kart will have to be MK64. Playing 4-player with my brothers most days just won't ever be replaced by a new game, so much fun. I'd come home from school and usually just ask if anyone wants to, get a few resounding yes' and we'd all sit down and have a big game. 4-person Wario Stadium is so much fun, especially if someone gets a Thunder so they can knock someone from the ramp produced a lot of hilarity. Deals would be struck so someone does it to someone else! So funny. And, I think going off that, you can also guess what my favourite track is, too! :)

Salem

SICK
Its hard to pick a favourite.

The first Mario kart game I played is the snes one. I don't remember being being frustrated which a game that much before or since. Rubber band AI, Ai characters that have their own infinite weapons(Mario bros and their stars), the computer even sometimes JUMPS over my perfectly alined green shell:mad:

Don't think I hate the game or anything, I love it, it has a nostalgic value for me, I still find it repayable, those mostly frustrated me as a kid.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
My favourite game is Wii, because of the steering wheel, and the adorable baby buggies!

Favourite track:

[video=youtube;gQl4TRN9WqU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQl4TRN9WqU[/video]

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
The ease at which you can have fun. I'm really bad at racers, but Mario Kart is forgiving and allows me to have fun even though I'm not very good.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I kinda really enjoyed the GBA Mario Kart Super Circuit , it was like classic game but with a bit of better graphics.

Though n64 had so much fun with so much use gotten out of it. So for console the n64 one for sure. I just felt I enjoyed Super Circuit enough to mention it.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Favorite things? Definitely not the Blue Turtle Shells...not unless I'm using them anyways of course.

Overall I more so just like how entertaining the Mario Kart series is, it's a great way to pass the time whether you're alone or with friends, naturally there's likely to be a lot of "digital road rage" in either case but it's all in good fun regardless. I suppose Mario Kart Wii is my favorite one so far, but I can't say I have a favorite track really.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
My favorite is and will always be Double Dash.

The fact that you could have two different drivers at once was such a great idea. Why not have Mario and Bowser on the same cart? Why NOT? I felt myself thinking that a lot during that game. Also, personalized items gave the game a distinct feel. Each character having their own specific item to use made me love some characters more than others (Koopas were useless, with their "3 shells" :p). I loved using baby Mario or Luigi to have that Chomp when I was dragging behind. It was such an adrenaline rush! Bullet Bill just doesn't feel the same as that, possibly because it doesn't feel as wild or free. I dunno.

My favorite tracks also come from Double Dash. Daisy's Cruiser, Dino Dino Land, Dry Dry Desert, Waluigi Stadium, Bowser's Castle, and the Rainbow Road for that one is so epic, but admittedly not as epic as the one from MK7.

I just have so many fond memories of that game. It was the second game I ever played on my GC (the first being Kirby Airride), and I love it to this day.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Easily course design. While not every track is a home run, the series is full of memorable locations and crazy hijinks.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I own all the Mario Kart games except Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart 64. I've never played MK7, and I've played MK64, but I'm not too familiar with it, so I'll leave these games out. Other than those, my favorite game would either be Mario Kart Double-Dash or Mario Kart Wii, but I'm leaning towards Wii. MK Wii was lots of fun and still hasn't gotten old after many years of playing like SSBB. I can't say my favorite track because there are many good and fun tracks. What I did really enjoy was the bomb battle on Double Dash. With 4 (maybe even 3) people, that battle mode is immense fun.

bunny

birb overlord
My favorite Mario Kart game is probably MK7. Not just because it's the latest in the series, but because of the new features and courses. I liked being able to customize my kart, and playing online is much more fun than on the Wii because the cheating glitches were fixed.

As for my favorite track, I thoroughly enjoy the GBA Bowser's Castle 3 course. It's fairly long, and there are a lot of turns which I actually like.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
To be honest it would have to be the over the top nature of the game itself, it's just one big cluster of action and racing topped off with the charm of Mario. One could be first then all of a sudden you get hit by god knows how many blue shells than all of a sudden you see a giant bullet bill pass the finish line from last. Saying that though, the game still has that element of skill and actual racing tactics, even though random events may occur it still keeps that competitive aspect that a driving game should have.

The sheer variety of racing tracks that all fit within the canon of Mario are also one of my fave features, seeing some of my favourite setting within the series while speeding past Mario's arch nemesis, Bowser, is just great in my opinion. The tracks themselves are all unique, not just in terms of settings and backdrops but also the actual design of the tracks themselves, Mario is known for having great level designs and this also applies to Mario Kart as well.

Then of course there's the competitive aspect which I love, even from a generally unbalanced game like Mario Kart Wii. The multiplayer was still still top notch, and even though it can get competitive it still keeps that level of fun.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
What I love about Mario Kart is that it's super easy for new players to pick up and still have a chance at winning, but it also takes enough skill that the more experienced players can still have fun, too. I love almost all the items and, as JCG said, the over the top nature of it all. I also like that the items and their distribution are designed to keep all the racers together (so, first place gets items that won't speed them up more, last place won't get stuck with items that will keep them in last)

My favorite Mario Kart? Well, I haven't played 7 yet, but Mario Kart DS was probably one of my favorites because I could play during band and study hall with anyone else who had a DS. I really loved all the Mario Karts, though.

Favorite track? Would have to be Maple Tree Way (Wii) or DK Mountain (Double Dash).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom