• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Favorite Temple in OOT

Favorite Temple

• Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water

• Spirit

• Shadow

• Forest

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Flagpole

I'm back!!
This topic is way similar to another topic, "Best and worst temples in OOT".
I posted in that topic :P.

Anyway, back to the topic, my favorite temple is the water temple.

I love puzzles, and the water temple is the only puzzling temple.
First off, the music is very cool. It's a peaceful music, though it isn't as peaceful as the Ice Cavern's music.

Second off, something great about this temple is that you can only use the hook/longshot underwater, so you can't kill enemies underwater with a sword, which makes the dungeon much challenging.

It also includes a lot of backtracking (because you need to change the water level), and some nice puzzles to keep you busy some hours.

Also, it includes my favorite mini-boss: dark link.
It's more challenging than some bosses, and I would like it to be a boss instead of a mini-boss.

Morpha is also a fun boss to battle with, but I feel all the water at the middle of the room kinda ruined the boss battle.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
Oh, I would say the Forest Temple is my favorite temple in OoT by far.

First off, it ramps up the difficulty from the child dungeons. When you enter the Forest Temple you realize it's a whole new ball game. Enemies are tougher, puzzles are slightly more difficult, and the dungeon is more time consuming than the child ones. There are more difficult dungeons after this (Water Temple anyone?) but this one stands out, and was 2nd most difficult in the game for me.

I also love the creepy feeling of the Forest Temple. The atmoshpere of this dungeon just screams haunted house to me for some reason. I think it's because the Forest Temple seems like it was lived in, like it was a home, before somthing awful happened to its inhabitants. It seems silent, waiting, watching. I would say that it kind of reminds me of the Outlook Hotel from Steven King's The Shining.

I loved the idea of the Poe Sisters as well. It adds greatly to the haunted house feeling. I always imagine that they were the previous inhabitants of the Forest Temple, and I wouldn't be suprised if they were. One of the most memorable puzzles in any video game for me is the puzzle where you push blocks during a timer to make a picture of the Poe Sister, Amy. I felt so rushed, it took me a few tries, but when I finished the puzzle I felt pretty acomplished.

Link Master

The Hero's Master
My favorite is the Spirit Temple because it is sort of a challenge and it introduces the Ironknuckle in this game he is one of my favorite enemies. Also to get to the spirit temple you need to go through the Gerudo Fortress.

C

colonialman456

Man i don't know about you guys but water temples are always annoying!!! Zora and Water temple!!! hate them lol

Linkette

Heroine of Time
I haven't been to any other temples in OoT because I just got this game but I completed Forest and Water straight after (I wasn't bothered to do Fire). I don't know why but i just said kinda wow to myself at how this temple is designed. And those outside meadows are just beautiful (when you defeat all the monsters of course!)

R

rnddim

The Spirit Temple is my favorite temple. Mainly the fact that you play as both Child and Adult Link in the temple. When I went to the Spirit Temple as a child, I was really messed up for a while (after all; I hadn't played as child Link for a long time.)

B

billbot85

i loved the Spirit Temple the best, it just seemed the most complex, the music was awesome, and though you had to complete as child link and adult link, it was still a pretty awesome concept.

My favourite would have to be the Spirit Temple. Actually, the entire desert area was pure concentrated awesome. The Spirit Temple was a dusty, long-forgotten place of worship, and it was very atmospheric. I loved the puzzles involving the Mirror Shield and the Iron Knuckle was kinda scary at first, but ended up being a blast to fight. As was Twinrova. All of it backed up by astoundingly epic and mystical music. The only thing that outdoes it is the section just before it, where you have to infiltrate Gerudo's Fortress to rescue the carpenters. Gerudo Desert was one of the best locations ever in a Zelda game.

5. Jabu-Jabu's Belly
4. Spirit Temple
3. Shadow Temple
2. Fire Temple
1. Water Temple (My all time favorite temple from entire Zelda franchise)

D

Dirty Link

i think the shadow temple is incredible. Firstly the atmosphere is amazing at how dark it really is. Its a really eerie temple to be in. When i first played the game as a kid i was constantly freaked out by this temple. (I was like 8 mind you) Also i think this temple is most intricate in the civil war. Clearly this temple was used as some kind of torture area for someone at some point before Ocarina of Time. The civil war was likely that time. I would like to know who ran the temple and who was being tortured. Its so interesting in every way. And one more thing about the temple itself, it easily has the coolest enemies/obstacles

L

Link09

My favorite temple in OOT is the spirit temple because you get the mirror shield and the silver gauntlets which you can lift heavy things and with the mirror shield you can reflect sunlight and you can never lose the mirror shield in the whole entire game.

R

rnddim

...and you can never lose the mirror shield in the whole entire game.

I would hope not, it's the only copy you can get.
Deku Shields burn,
Hylian Shields are eaten,
but Mirror Shields stay forever.

Zarom

The King
My favorite temples in OOT are the Spirit Temple and the Shadow Temple. I really enjoyed both of them the much. They were both challenging, had a great atmosphere and excellent music. But I have to say my favorite between those two is the Spirit Temple.

It was more challenging and fun IMO. First, the boss Twinrova was harder than Bongo Bongo. Plus, the battle against Twinrova was truly epic. Definitely one of my favorite boss i the series. The mini-bosses in the Spirit Temple were tougher (Iron Knuckles ;)), as well as the enemies. The puzzles were awesome and fun, especially those where we needed the Mirror Shield. :) The fact that the temple had two parts in it, the child's and the adult's, added more fun. The music was truly amazing and added a lot to the egyptian atmospehere. Just the feeling of being in that temple was great. :)

So, my favorite temple in OOT is the Spirit Temple. It was fun all the way trought. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom