• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Sword and Shield

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
LOL, I just did a master sword comparison over different games, with a poll asking which was the best master sword. OK, mine would be TP Master Sword with the Mirror Shield. Close second would be SS Master Sword and TP Hylian Shield. Third would be Double Helix Blade (the Fierce Diety's) and Zelda I Magical Shield.

I like the Golden Sword and the Mirror Shield from ALttP mainly because 1.They are the most powerful sword and shield in the game and one of the best in the series 2.They are in gold(in game) 3.The Golden Sword is the Master Sword at its full strength.

Last edited:

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
Master_ALTTP.jpg

Mirror_Shield_(Link's_Awakening).png

Big Octo

=^)
I've always been fond of the Magical Sword and shield, mainly because it's a classic combo. It goes great with the original Link.

AoL_Link.png

MasterSwordBoy1

Hero of Pie
My favorite sword and shield would have to be the Master Sword from Wind Waker and the Mirror Shield from Wind Waker.

A

AndrewLink

My favourite is the gilled sword from mm and hylian shield from Skyward Sword

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
Shields
I like the Mirror Shield (OoT and WW versions) and the Hylian Shield from SS(they got the look just right in it)
Swords
Gilded(always thought it was glided) Kokiri Sword, Master Sword(SS), and the Fierce Deity Sword

The Hylian Shield and Master Sword are staples, so they are my favorites but I'll highlight a few others.

I took a liking to the Goddess's Shield as well as the Fighter Shield.
Mirror Shield is always interesting! All incantations are beautiful really (though I don't recall getting a good view of it in Oracles).

Execution Sword is pretty neat (even though link never uses it) - TP
Ordon Sword is a nice beginning sword (very average in design for new fighters)
Great Fairies Sword is by far the most flamboyant sword (was a fun add on in Soul Calibur II)

I've always been fond of the Magical Sword and shield, mainly because it's a classic combo. It goes great with the original Link.

Very true, but I could never get over the cross on the shield to truly appreciate it. Remind me too much of the Red Cross Knight, Crusades and the Templars, etc; just a common Cross shield or St. George Shield which I felt doesn't add as much or the 'correct' things to Links personality and the franchise's unique goddess system. I just prefer seeing Hyrule's unique symbols I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom