• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite subject/class

Aro

What is/was your favorite subject or specific course you ever took?

You can also say your least favorite subject or specific course you ever took.

Math is my favorite subject while geometry was my favorite specific course, and my least favorite subject is social studies/history and my least favorite specific course I took was geography.

What are your favorites and least favorites?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
My favourite class I ever took at university was called a short summer unit called Global Mobility. For this I had to take (my first ever) trip to Japan and spend time doing a tour and a project within a Japanese company for two weeks. At the end we had to present our findings to the CEO which was a bit daunting but a fantastic experience. This was my first introduction to being in Japan so I think it'll stay with me forever. To get this credited we had a few assignments to do prior and after the experience and the teacher travelled with the class of twelve students for the program.

If I think back to high school my favourite classes were Japanese and Commerce/Business Studies as my teachers were fantastic, the classes were fun, and the topics were of keen interest to me. Sport classes were my least favourite because I'm a nerd.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I think my favorite might have been History while I was at Gymnasiet (Swedish school system thingie, usually from 16-18). Mainly because the teacher was so good. He'd just stand in front of the class and talk, telling history as a story, but also asking us questions and taking questions as well. Very charismatic man!

Least favorite was and will always be physics. It was interesting in theory, but when you had to do all the math and keep all the different parameters in mind, it just didn't suit me.

Reactions: Aro

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
My favourite subject was english cuz the teacher was good but maths was the bane of my life didnt help that the teachers kept changing....

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I would say science was my favourite, it was what I was best at and of course I would take any opportunity to burn stuff in the lab.

Then Art. I have always had a natural talent for it and I enjoy things that are creative.

Least favourite was maths. Besides geometry, it's boring and apart from basic addition and subtraction I have not used most of the things I was taught. I knew it was a waste of my time when I was doing it and having forgotten most of the stuff taught and not used it I know I was correct. Have never needed a hippopotanuse worked out since leaving school.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I really took a shine to a Historical Musicology class, a while back. I remember learning a lot more about the nuances in music history. I especially loved how history often shaped a composer's life.

Other classes I really enjoyed were Earth Science (Geology), Astronomy, French and German in High School

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
My favorite overall subject is English. A lot of people give me weird looks when I pick that, but it's actually pretty fun to me. I like reading and writing a lot. I also appreciate that, unlike math or science, there isn't always one specific correct answer. It's usually open to interpretation, imagination, and your personal application. It just interests me a lot, and I love words.

As for my favorite actual class, right now I'm taking mythology/fantasy/sci-fi/and Gothic literature, and I enjoy it. Its very chaotic, but in a good way. We cover all sorts of things and it's basically all of my favorite things. I only wish the mythology unit was longer, we just watched thor ragnorok and that was that. Overall though going through and analyzing literature from several different genres has been fascinating.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
My favorite overall subject is English. A lot of people give me weird looks when I pick that, but it's actually pretty fun to me. I like reading and writing a lot. I also appreciate that, unlike math or science, there isn't always one specific correct answer. It's usually open to interpretation, imagination, and your personal application. It just interests me a lot, and I love words.

As for my favorite actual class, right now I'm taking mythology/fantasy/sci-fi/and Gothic literature, and I enjoy it. Its very chaotic, but in a good way. We cover all sorts of things and it's basically all of my favorite things. I only wish the mythology unit was longer, we just watched thor ragnorok and that was that. Overall though going through and analyzing literature from several different genres has been fascinating.

I do agree that reading and writing are useful skills, and reading especially helps to expand one's mind.

But, remember, if you can read, you can learn science and math, so the two aren't really mutually exclusive.

After all, we need a shared language with which to discuss ideas. :)

If you want to discuss more Norse Mythology, I'd definitely recommend picking up the Prose Edda and the Poetic Edda. And I'm always willing to nerd out about mythology. :)

My inner mythology nerd weeped when all you did for Norse Myth was watch Thor: Ragnarok. Marvel plays loose and fast with their depiction of Thor.

I like Chris Hemsworth, but Thor in mythology is noted for being a redhead, not a blond.

Anyhow, English is a worthy subject to study, and just as useful as science and math. :)

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I do agree that reading and writing are useful skills, and reading especially helps to expand one's mind.

But, remember, if you can read, you can learn science and math, so the two aren't really mutually exclusive.

After all, we need a shared language with which to discuss ideas. :)

If you want to discuss more Norse Mythology, I'd definitely recommend picking up the Prose Edda and the Poetic Edda.

My inner mythology nerd weeped when all you did for Norse Myth was watch Thor: Ragnarok. Marvel plays loose and fast with their depiction of Thor.

I like Chris Hemsworth, but Thor in mythology is noted for being a redhead, not a blond.

Anyhow, English is a worthy subject to study, and just as useful as science and math. :)
Definately agreed. I've studied Norse mythology in the past on my own time and know a ton about it, so I died a little inside when that was all we covered. My poor classmates would be so confused by the actual myths, which I was incredibly eager to flex my knowledge on.
Also remember, you don't need science or math to read so I think that means I can totally just skip those classes ;)

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Definately agreed. I've studied Norse mythology in the past on my own time and know a ton about it, so I died a little inside when that was all we covered. My poor classmates would be so confused by the actual myths, which I was incredibly eager to flex my knowledge on.
Also remember, you don't need science or math to read so I think that means I can totally just skip those classes ;)
I see, but I just think that science and math are too valuable to ignore. That's me.

Any knowledge gained is good for you, and not everyone likes science or math.

Anyhow, that aside, I love Norse myth and talking about the history of Norsemen. I know half of my family traces back to them, so I've always had a fascination for them.

Because of this, my wife was able to find one movie that treated the culture with respect, and that was the Northman, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom