• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Starter Pokémon of All Time

Favorite Starter Pokémon of All Time

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Charmander

• Squirtle

• Chikorita

• Cyndaquil

• Totodile

• Treecko

• Torchic

• Mudkip

• Turtwig

• Chimchar

• Piplup

• Snivy

• Tepig

• Oshawott

• Total voters

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
Mudkip <3 Im in LOVE with water types! Although Charmander is pretty adorable too...but my love for Mudkip will never die!! : D xD

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My absolute favorite is Chikorita. I mean, the entire reason why I even play Pokemon is to get a Shiny Chikorita and watch it evolve. <3

As clearly many others have said, my favorite would have to be Charmander. My first Pokemon game was actually FireRed (everybody owned a Game Boy back in the day except for me...), and I did a lot of thinking before I got it on which Pokemon I wanted to start with. I finally settled on Charmander - can't remember why, but somehow I thought it was the best selection.

So not only is there the nostalgia factor, but Charmander and its evolutions just seem to have received more love and attention than most other starters. Charizard gets all kind of Claw (Shadow Claw, Dragon Claw, Night Slash), Fang (Fire Fang, Thunder Fang), and Flying moves, especially through Move Tutors and whatnot. All its forms look awesome, and they're fast and powerful to boot.

Another favorite is Turtwig and its evolutions - sturdy, powerful, and eventually very versatile with its Grass and Earth-type moves. I wasn't very fond of Chimchar or Piplup, but Turtwig? Turtwig was a war machine.

Torchic. Even though I've been playing these games since I was seven/eight (Thirteen/fourteen years? Christ, I'm old), something about Torchic's cuteness and the powerhouse Blaziken make it my favourite. Even though it's outclassed in speed by Infernape, it still holds my favourite and I'd rather have no other fire type in my corner for game playthroughs. Online teams? Another story, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom