• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Star Wars Movie

Favorite Star Wars Movie

• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

• Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

• Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

• Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

• Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

• Total voters

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
For me it's a close battle between IV and V with Empire Strikes back coming out tops. It's just a classic movie and I never get sick of watching it, a decent amount of humor and an awesome lightsaber duel. Great movie!

Salem

SICK
DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!!!!

ok seriously, one of the original trilogy, I'm thinking either 4 or 5, but 6 has that epic emperor Vader and Luke scene.

Last edited:

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
When I was younger, I always seemed to favour Attack of the Clones. I'm not to sure why, but lets go with that. :P

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I'm not on board with the "let's hate the prequels for no reason" bandwagon. I actually think they're very good, and never understood why people hated them so much.

I'd rank them like this:
  1. Revenge of the Sith
  2. Return of the Jedi
  3. The Phantom Menace
  4. Attack of the Clones
  5. A New Hope
  6. Empire Strikes Back

That's right, I rank the beloved Empire dead last. I don't see what makes it such a masterpeice. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great movie. It's just not the best in the series like it's made out to be. It's full of glaring plot holes and bad pacing. The Falcon manages to travel to another star system, without hyperdrive, in a few days, which should have taken at least a few decades. Luke learns how to be a Jedi, in a few days, which should take several years. It doesn't make any sense. The jedi training one is so important I just can't forgive that one.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hmm for a long time I had RotJ on the first place but later when I watched it again and saw those muppets (ewoks) running around I thought it was more some kinda Indiana Jones action. ESB and RotS are both on top of the list. ESB has some flaws as Matt pointed out and so had RotS. It is a bit unexplained how Anakin turned into a sith like the second Mace Windu got killed. This didn't really make sense to me. They could have worked that plot out a bit better but the fight between Obi and Anakin made up for it though

I like all the Star Wars movies, but my favorite is episode IV A New Hope. It's my favorite, because it's a new era of time. The Empire has took-en over everything by this time, and there's not much hope around, until a young man name Luke Skywalker finds out about his destiny to defeat the Sith and create peace.

For me, it's close between Episodes I, III, and VI. I'll probably have to say VI though because it gives great closure to the story arc set by the preceding movies, IMO.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Empire Strikes Back is first for me-with Revenge of the Sith as a close second. Both are the "dark" ones of their respective trilogies, and the only thing that makes RotS slightly less than the former is some of the love dialogue simply wasn't good (but still much better than AotC's love scenes).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom