• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Song

EponaOwns

The Real Master of Epona
:DI've just been dying to do one of these threads caus eI'm in love with music!! So what is your favorite song and type of music AND band or singer

I like the song good old fashion lover boy by queen and paper planes by MIA. Viva la vida by coldplay...

I have tooooooo many bands to name but I like alternative rock, classic rock and rap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Claire

The Geekette
My favorite genres include the following: Folk metal, viking metal, symphonic metal, power metal, and gothic metal. I also enjoy classical music and folk too.

My favorite bands include those who tour Paganfest, and a significant amount who tour Wacken Open Air. Then again, my liking for folk music makes me a Blackmore's Night fan as well as traditional folk music fan, nothing like the bagpipes. ^^

I can't say there is one particular style of music that I prefer, likewise composistions that I like could fall under mutiple catagories. However, I like some more conceptual and/or minimalistic music. However, I also like some classical but also alternative.

I like some of the music of the Icelandic band Sigur Ros, but I most like the composistion of Philip Glass.
As for a favourite song, probably Mad Rush, or Einstein on the Beach. However, there are many others that I am partial to.

N

Nian Kast

A thread like this already exists, so uh, yarr. So, I'm just gonna copy my post from there, even though this thread will probably get deleted, or whatever the hell happens to duplicate threads.

Mostly post-rock, think "God is an Astronaut" and "Mogwai". Those are pretty good, "Do Make Say Think" and "Explosions in the sky" too. Sometimes "Angels and Airwaves", and when I'm in the mood i usually listen punk/pop-rock. I've always been a huge fan of "Blink 182", started listening to that when i was like, 6, which might explain why i turned out as idiotic as i did, "Offspring", "Sum 41", "New Found Glory" etc. usually go around the playlist while I'm listening to Blink, certain songs from "Slipknot", "HIM", "KoRn" and "TOOL" find they're way to the playlist as well, some Progressive Trance like "Ballearic Bill" or "The Thrillseekers" but that's just for fun, with that there's usually some Hardstyle or Hardtrance. Diverse, i know, don't judge. Anywho, there's a hell of a lot more bands i could list here, but i don't see the need for that.

On a side note. Fred FredBurger says.

Fred FredBurger: "I like... I like music... that goes like this: "FALALALA!" But sometimes... I like... I like music... that goes like this: "BALALAAAH"!

Oh crap, in my previous post i forgot "God Speed! Black Emperor", they have some pretty good songs.

Kybyrian

Whenever You Need Somebody - Rick Astley

No, I'm not being one of those epic internet pranksters who only say they like Rick Astley because of Rick Roll.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Favorite bands/singers/composers: Dir en Grey, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Marilyn Manson, Koji Kondo, Beethoven, Wagner, Miley Cyrus, Christina Aguilera, Enter Shikari, Arctic Monkeys, My chemical Romance, Moonspell(PORTUGUESE HEYYYY), Arch enemy, We are the damned, Stemage, An Café, Girugamesh, Danzig, Canibal Corpse, Susperia, Eths, My Ruin, Mudvayne, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, System of a Down, Korn, Linkin Park, Tristania, The Sins of Thy Beloved, Within Temptation(DUTCH POWA!), Lacrimosa, T.a.t.u., The Prodigy, Placebo, Muse, Coldplay, etc etc etc

serotonin_wraith

The Most Banned Member
I like all kinds of music, my taste is very wide - all depends what mood I'm in. Chill out, rap (but I'm picky with that), orchestral, pop, rock, punk, dance, mash up, world, pretty much everything. But if I had to pick one, progressive rock. I love how layered it can get, and how long the songs can get. I'm drawn to the unconventional risk taking kind of music - the regular 3 minute pop song gets old quick.

My favourite song is the title track from my favourite album - Six by Mansun. There are so many layers to this album, I've been finding stuff years after the first listens. Forget hunting down Six on youtube, you'll end up with a rubbish radio friendly version. The UK album has the best version. Listen at the link below if you're interested, and the rest of the album if you're brave enough. I don't think I'm lying when I say you won't have heard one like this, but it's a love it or hate it kind of album. It might be too much for some people.

http://www.pauldraper.info/six/

pdnet_sixfront_3.jpg

Claire

The Geekette
Skull Kid: I cannot believe you listen to Within Temptation, I absolutely love them. Sharon den Adel is a fantastic vocalist. ^^

Do you listen to Nightwish or Tarja Turunen?

Zero

The Vanished
The following is a complete list of songs I like:

"Immortal" by Adema
"Secret Agent Man" by Johnny Rivers
"Me Against The World" by Simple Plan
"In The End" by Linkin Park
"Until the End" by Breaking Benjamin
"Breaking The Habit" by Linkin Park
"(Superman) Kryptonite" by Three Doors Down
"Holding Out For A Hero" by Jennifer Saunders
"Behind Closed Doors" by Rise Against
"Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence
"I Dare You To Move" by Switchfoot
"Eye Of The Tiger" by Survivor
"Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Greenday
"Good Riddance" by Greenday
"Creeping in My Soul" by Christina Lorentzen
"Through The Fire And Flames" by Dragonforce
"Justified" by Drea
"Lonely day" by System Of A Down
"Bleed it Out" by Linkin Park
"It's My Life" by Bon Jovi
"This is Your Life" by Switchfoot
"Crawling" by Linkin Park
"What I've done" by Linkin Park
"Runaway" by Linkin Park
"Reise, Reise" by Rammstein
"Passchendale" by Iron Maiden
"My Only" by Goodnight Nurse
"Life Is Beautiful" by Sixx AM
"Woke Up This Morning" by ???
"Emerald Sword" by Rhapsody
"Paralyzer" by Finger Eleven
"Listen To Your Heart" by DHT
"Staring Back" by Pillar
"Goodbye" by SR-71
"Dragostea Din Te" by O-Zone
"Numb" by Linkin Park
"HeadStrong" by Trapt
"Imagine" by John Lennon
"Faint" by Linkin Park
"Stand Up" by Trapt
"Going Down In Flames" by Three (3) Doors Down
"Animal I Have Become" be Three (3) Days Grace
"It's Not My Time" by Three (3) Doors Down
"Shut Up" by Simple Plan
"Thank You" by Simple Plan
"Blow Me Away" by Breaking Benjamin
"You're The Best" by Joe Esposito
"Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley (no, I'm serious)
"Nico Nico Douga" by ???
"Caramelldansen" by ???
"It's The End Of The World As We Know It" by REM.
"You Had A Bad Day" by Daniel Powter
"This Ain't A Scene It's An Arms Race" by Fallout Boy
"Ring A Bell" by Bonnie Pink

Wow, that's a long list.

I like the song 'I know you are, but what am I?' by Mogwai, as well as most of their stuff. I also like 'Cancer', 'Legacy', and 'Serotonin' by Mansun. 'Forever Lost' and 'Remembrance Day' by God is an Astronaut are pretty good too.

Claire

The Geekette
Some of my favorite songs by my favorite bands and artists include the following:

"Sinklars Visa" TYR
"Victory Song" Ensiferum
"Pyre of Gods" Tarot
"Eva" Nightwish (Anette era)
"While Your Lips Are Still Red" Tuomas Holopainen & Marco Hietala
"Jillian" Within Temptation
"Ghost of a Rose" Blackmore's Night
"Elegy" Leaves' Eyes
"Die Alive" Tarja Turunen
"Planet Hell" Nightwish (Tarja era)
"The Bard's Song" Blind Guardian
"Trollhammaren" Finntroll
"Inis Mona" Eluveitie

^^ As you can see, the majority of my likings lie within folk and symphonic metal.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I got a lot coming.

I like classic rock and roll like Led Zep, Guns and Roses, Metalica, Motley Crue, And Rush.
I also like Punk Rock and screamo stuff Metal music is pretty cool too.

Here are some songs I like in general.
Songs by Weezer: Buddy holly, Hash Pipe, El Schorchio, Say It Ain't So.
songs by Led Zepplin: Kashmir, Imagrint Song, Stair Way To Heaven, The Rain Song.
Songs by Killers: Jenny was a friend of mine, Smile like you mean it.
Songs by Billy Talent: Every single one of their songs! :D
Songs by Guns and Roses: Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet child o' mine, Paradise city.
Songs by Rush: Tom Sawyer.
Thats about it, I like a lot of other songs..... but I'm to tired to list ALL of them :xd:

let me open my iTunes....

"Take On Me" A-ha
"Dancing With Myself" Billy Idol
"White Wedding" Billy Idol
"More Than A Feeling" Boston
"You" Breaking Benjamin
"Room 409" Bullet For My Valentine
"Waking The Demon" Bullet For My Valentine
The whole Discovery album by Daft Punk
"Kids with Guns" Gorlliaz
"Client Eastwood" Gorillaz
Pretty much every Killswitch Engage Song
"Now You've Got Somthing To Die For" Lamb of God
Both Hybrid Theory and Meterioa by Linkin Park
"Who's Your Daddy" Lordi
"Hard Rock Hallelujah" Lodi
"The Devil is a Loser" Lordi
"Last Train Home" Lost Prophets
"GO GO Power Rangers" Masski ENSON
"Flash" Queen
Every Rammstein Song EVAR
"Never Gonna Give You Up" Rick Astley
Every Slipknot song
"Tainted Love" Soft Cell
and well
Stone Sour
Story of The Year
Switchfoot
Three Days Grace
Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers
Weird Al

But my Favorite song of all time is..........
"Transformers" Lion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom