• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Smash Bros. Stages

Sheik

:the:
Hey! What are your favorite stages to play on in Super Smash Bros.? Whether they are fun, simple and straightforward, crazy and wild, big, small, vertically scrolling, horizontally scrolling, have scrolling backgrounds but the actual stages don't scroll themselves, have a ton of platforms, transform between segments, have a bunch of stupid bull**** hazards like the goddamn Flying Men in Magicant...

Here are my favorite stages from each game:

All
Final Destination

Smash 64
Hyrule Castle
Saffron City

Melee
Big Blue
Brinstar Depths (seeing Kraid in the background as you fight is really awesome)
Corneria
Fountain of Dreams
Fourside
Poke Floats (I always wanted to battle on a giant Lickitung)
Venom

Brawl
Bridge of Eldin
Castle Siege
Distant Planet
Halberd
PictoChat
Pirate Ship (probably my favorite from Brawl)
Port Town Aero Dive

Smash 3DS
Arena Ferox
Find Mii
Gerudo Valley
Paper Mario
Reset Bomb Forest
Spirit Train

Don't have Smash Wii U. Orbital Gate Assault looks really cool, though.

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Battlefield/Final Destination - Both these stages work for me because they're simple and aren't tied to any character. One is light and the other is dark but most importantly, they're stages where all characters can co-exist without looking out of place.

Delfino Plaza/Skyloft - Similar stages that take you all around a specific local, both of which I happened to enjoy quite a lot in their respective games. Not to mention the great music selection both stages have to offer.

Pyrosphere - A favorite for one reason only and that is Ridley. He's a much more intimidating and active stage boss than the Yellow Devil in Wily's Castle and makes for an interesting turn of events during battle.

Jungle Hijinx - Just one of the many stages that proves Smash Bros. for Wii U has the most creative stage design with this one testing your depth perception by having fighters hop between the stage's foreground and background. Though I feel Nintendo may have missed an opportunity here by not including it in the 3DS version.

Pirate Ship - All I can really say about this stage is that it was a total shame not to see it remade for the Wii U considering how amazing Wind Waker HD looks.

Mushroom Kingdom U
- It's a beautiful stage that constantly changes with tons of Mario charm. What's not to love?

PictoChat/PictoChat 2/Miiverse - While they're not exactly my most used stages, I find them to be very clever ones that prove just how wacky the Smash series can get.

There are plenty of other great stages I could list, like Luigi's Mansion, Windy Hill, and Bridge of Eldin (just to name a few), but I'll keep it short.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Smash 64 - Hyrule Castle is easily my favourite, though this game has some great stages in general. Most honourable mentions are Sector Z (which I much prefer over the similar Corneria stage in Melee) and the 1P-exclusive Master Hand's Residence, the unconventional predecessor to all future Final Destinations (its music <3).

Melee - Another easy pick, Fountain of Dreams. Props to Yoshi's Story for being a better alternative to Battlefield in this game, and Great Bay is great to mess around in.

Brawl - Tons of awesome stages, can't pick just one. Port Town Aero Dive, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Shadow Moses Island, PictoChat, Bridge of Eldin and Pirate Ship are all epic fun. This game also houses the best versions of Battlefield and Final Destination in my opinion, perhaps just for their default music.

Smash 3DS - Not that many outstanding stages, but Mute City and Rainbow Road are my favourite for when I just don't give a toss about how the battle turns out and just want to goof.

Smash Wii U - Palutena's Temple is amazing. I also like Mario Galaxy and Jungle Hijinx quite a bit.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
10) Pokémon Stadium 2 (Brawl)
9) Pirate Ship (Brawl)
8) Jungle Japes (Melee)
7) Saffron City (64)
6) The Summit (Brawl)
5) Temple (Melee)
4) Bridge of Eldin (Brawl)
3) Big Blue (Melee)
2) Hyrule Castle (64)
1) Sector Z (64)

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I love the Mario Galaxy stage in SSB4. I also like Final Destination a lot because I am an untoasted piece of bread.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Corneria is simply epic to battle on. The sloped design lets you be more creative with your moves, and the back end part is perfect for close-quarters fighters. There's a way for every fighter to perform some cools moves on it, and bar Final Destination its where I like to fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom