• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Skyward Sword Dungeon?

Favorite Skyward Sword Dungeon?

• Skyview Temple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Earth Temple

• Lanaryu Mining Facility

• Ancient Cistern

• Sandship

• Fire Sanctuary

• Sky Keep

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

The Altruist
I really liked the Sky Keep Dungeon,because it reminded me of my journey that I went through to save my best friend Zelda. That, and for it's the place for finding all three pieces of the Triforce!

J

Jacob199651

My favorite was the Mining facility. It had some of the most interesting and well-thought-out puzzles to me. i would also say the sandship, but it felt more like a chore to go back and forth so many times.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
The Sandship. It was a really unique dungeon. The short movie that you see when Link was climbing the ladder was so epic.

THEM

Your cows are mine!
I voted Sandship, but now that I've beat the game, probably Sky Keep. It was one of the most original dungeons of I've ever seen. Too bad there's no boss though. :(

Demise

Army Strong
I'm going with the Sandship, because I just thought it was fun, and I liked the transitioning between the whole ship going from past to present.

I've yet to beat the last 2 dungeons. But I need to share that I was amazed by that sandship. Best zelda dungeon ever for me, from all the zelda games I've played. I love nautical stuff and ships in general, so it may be a bit biased, but it was a really unique dungeon that just stood out in many ways. Hardest boss in the game so far for me, but so damn fun and epic at the same time. The mini-boss in contrast was very easy, but it was equally as unique and was very fun. I was blown away by this original dungeon.

So here's my order (excluding the last 2 dungeons, yet to be played):
1 - Sandship - See thoughts above.
2 - Mining Facility - Another very unique dungeon. Great use of time shift zones, and very memorable and fun. Boss was a bit too easy though. But I still loved this dungeon.
3 - Ancient Cistern - At first I hated it, but that was only because it was frustratingly difficult for me. But looking back on it, it was an extremely cleverly designed dungeon with an excellent (but difficult) boss.
4 - Earth Temple - Loved this dungeon when I played through it, but the following 3 were just even better. It wasn't the most original dungeon, just another fire place afterall, but it was the ball-rolling that made it for me - an excellent touch. And the indiana jones-esque running from the boulder was so cool. Fun boss too.
5 - Skyview Temple - By far my least favourite. Don't get me wrong, it was a good dungeon, and I LOVED using the beetle. However, as many said, it was just plain and basic and unmemorable. And too short. And the boss, whilst epic, annoyed me (although that might be because I was still getting used to the controls back then).

On a whole, I am massively impressed by the SS dungeons in general. They seem really unique, and all have excellent thought put into them. I'd even go as far to say that this is the best zelda game for dungeons. (Not played the last 2 dungeons yet however). But man, that sanship - phenominal.

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
The fire sanctuary(when you get to it) will probably be even more unoriginal than the earth temple(except for the item you get). But still a great dungeon.

and as you said, all the dungeons have been amazing

MW7

My favorite is definitely the Sandship, but I'll share my thoughts on all of them.
7. Skyview Temple- Cool item leading to cool puzzles but just isn't as impressive as the other dungeons IMO. Also I felt that this dungeon was almost theme-less. It's not a bad thing (I think more dungeons without themes would be a good thing) but I felt the title was misleading.
6. Fire Sanctuary- historically I've always preferred other dungeons to the fire dungeons and this one is no different. There's absolutely nothing wrong with this dungeon and the item was creative; however, I just didn't love it.
5. Earth Temple- Another arbitrarily named dungeon since it seems to have more to do with fire than earth but that's not a big problem. I don't really like the idea of getting bombs in a dungeon- I prefer buying them like in MM, WW, TP, or virtually every 2d Zelda. The Indiana Jones boulder moment completely redeemed the dungeon though.
4. Lanayru Mining Facility- Great innovative idea with the Timeshift Stones but that was about all I loved about this dungeon.
3. Sky Keep- I really love nonlinearity, and no surprise, I loved the general concept behind this dungeon. The biggest problem was that this dungeon was really short with 8 rooms (and only 7 that have a challenge in them), especially considering that you didn't have to even enter some of the rooms.
2. Ancient Cistern- I tend to like water dungeons, but I really loved when this dungeon sprung the undead theme on you as well. Dual-themed dungeons is something the Zelda series should continue to do.
1. Sandship- I liked everything about this dungeon. Having to switch between times was a great idea carried on from the Lanayru Mining Facility, but this dungeon expanded on that idea more by changing the whole ship at once. This was the only dungeon that I really had to think in order to complete some puzzles. Also the boss room not containing a boss genuinely surprised me, and I liked having to escape.

Although I haven't finished the game just yet I found the Mining Facility to be the best dungeon by far as of yet. Skyview wasn't anything special in my opinion. I did enjoy the Earth temple but it was reallly anti-climatic to get to the boss key so easily, when I opened the chest and found the key I was expecting to at least solve something or do something in order to reach the boss but you just had to run from a big stone. The ancient cistern was the wordt in my opinion, very easy temple, and what's up with these bosses. in the water temple you fight a mechanical robot and in the mechanical temple a giant scorpion?? The bosses didn't mesh together with those temples at all.

The fire sanctuary(when you get to it) will probably be even more unoriginal than the earth temple(except for the item you get). But still a great dungeon.

and as you said, all the dungeons have been amazing

Now that I've finished the fire sanctuary, yes I agree. One of the less original dungeons indeed. The item and underground-digging was a very nice touch though. I'm going to rank it second-to-last I think (very close with the earth temple though).

So, my updated list is:
1 - Sandship
2 - Lanayru Mining Facility
3 - Ancient Cistern
4 - Earth Temple
5 - Fire Sanctuary
6 - Skyview Temple

Just Skykeep to go now!

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
The ancient cistern was the wordt in my opinion, very easy temple, and what's up with these bosses. in the water temple you fight a mechanical robot and in the mechanical temple a giant scorpion?? The bosses didn't mesh together with those temples at all.
you say ancient cistern was easy. i dont think it was TOO easy, but it definitely was not close to hard. and it wasn't really a water dungeon. It was a water/light/shadow dungeon in case you somehow missed the bottom floor o_O. plus the boss was a type of character the same as the giant center statue. so it had something to do with the dungeon. and the boss of the lanaryu mining facility had to be something not technological because its not like the robots built some giant robot for you to fight. that door they built was as an entrance to the temple of time.

you say ancient cistern was easy. i dont think it was TOO easy, but it definitely was not close to hard. and it wasn't really a water dungeon. It was a water/light/shadow dungeon in case you somehow missed the bottom floor o_O. plus the boss was a type of character the same as the giant center statue. so it had something to do with the dungeon. and the boss of the lanaryu mining facility had to be something not technological because its not like the robots built some giant robot for you to fight. that door they built was as an entrance to the temple of time.

I know all that but the predominant theme was water, I just find it strange to have a boss from the dessert part of the theme in Lanayru and to have a fully mechanical robot in the water dungeon. This is the case with more dungeons in the game Earth temple has a fire monster, of course the temple was mostly lava but still.

Last edited:
I like all the dungeons pretty equally, really. The glowing flora and ominous music of the Skyview Temple came together to make a really interesting atmosphere for me. The Earth Temple was kinda bland at first, but once you get deeper in where you find the Indiana Jones-esque traps, it was really fun. The Lanayru Mining Facility was really cool in the ambiguity of its layout, and the music was interesting. I was a bit annoyed at first by the underwater sections of the Ancient Cistern, but the cursed chambers at the bottom and the moving statue in the center made it stand out for me. The Sandship was brilliant, especially the part above the masts and the part after opening the engine room before fighting the boss. Not much I can say about the Fire Sanctuary, except that it reminded me of the dungeons in MM somehow. As for the Sky Keep, I liked it, despite my complete hatred for tile-sliding puzzles.

K

KinRyuTen

The Mining Facility. I loved fighting the machines there and the time-puzzles were fun. Not to mention the boss was fun to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom