• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Favorite Skyward Sword Character?

Hylian_Josh

Legen -wait for it- DARY!
What is your favorite unique Skyward Sword character and why?

For me it would be Ghirahim. For me he was such a different kind of villain compared to the other monstrous, over-whelming ones from previous games.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
My favorite Skyward Sword character is Ghirahim, and I only say this because all the other characters are UBER LAME HOLY CRAP. That robot pirate was pretty sick though.

D

Deleted member 14134

Fi. By far the most useful and least annoying companion who only ever gave me tips when I absolutely needed. Extremely funny stand up character whose name rhymes with pi.

Actually I agree with Cassandra that most of the characters felt lame. Didn't like Ghirahim either, especially with the comments about Link being such a soft boy, felt like a pedophile to me.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Fi. By far the most useful and least annoying companion who only ever gave me tips when I absolutely needed. Extremely funny stand up character whose name rhymes with pi.
Fair warning: you might get some dislike for that. A lot of people here found her very annoying...like Navi. And I say her name rhymes with bee, but that's just me...

Tie between Groose and Pipit for me. Groose because...he starts out as a major flaming arsehole, and develops into a likeable guy. I didn't see that coming. I thought he would be a flaming arsehole for the whole game. Every scene with him in it makes me laugh, like when he insists that the surface be called Grooseland lol. And...Pipit, aka Pip. His freckles are adorable and the part where you catch him yelling at his mom for paying you to clean the house made me daaaww and lol at the same time. The face he made was priceless.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Mine's a 3-way tie between Fi, Zelda, and Groose. Fi because she's by far the best companion Link's had in terms of actually being helpful. Zelda because she's so darn cute, and she's actually got her own quest alongside Link's and is in fact the one who's ultimately pulling the strings. And Groose because he's such a bro, he goes from being an egotistical jerk in the beginning (which was fun to watch) to being a caring & kind individual who found his own way to help out even though fate had no place for him (and the fact that it's by way of a great engineering mind is just awesome).

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
A tie between Ghirahim and Groose. Ghirahim may have been reminiscent of a lot of villains in anime, but that's not necessarily a BAD thing. I love bats**t insane characters, as well as creepy ones, and Ghirahim nails both of those attributes. Plus, he's genuinely hilarious with his overexaggerated motions and obsession with himself.

Groose, on the other hand, starts out as a character that's extremely easy to hate (for the right reasons), but is laughably controllable by Zelda because of his huge crush on her, creating a balancing offset. He's also a huge coward at first. Later on, however, he becomes an extremely likable guy and a total badass -- seriously, he built the Groosenator all by himself and used it to help Link out, and he stood up to Ghirahim! Sure, he got his tail handed to him with one swift kick, but he didn't cower in fear like he would have in the beginning.

Also, both characters' themes are awesome.

Actually I agree with Cassandra that most of the characters felt lame. Didn't like Ghirahim either, especially with the comments about Link being such a soft boy, felt like a pedophile to me.

Cassandra's actually joking. She frequently says the opposite of what she actually means -- she's often said that Ocarina of Time sucks, lol.

Also, when did Ghirahim ever say that Link is a "soft boy"? And, really, a pedophile? Seriously?

Fi because she's by far the best companion Link's had in terms of actually being helpful.

Helpful, but insanely annoying. *BREEN* *BREEN* *BREEN*

Still, she actually beat out Midna as my favorite helper -- focus on the word HELPER. I don't think she's a better character.

D

Deleted member 14134

Fair warning: you might get some dislike for that. A lot of people here found her very annoying...like Navi. And I say her name rhymes with bee, but that's just me...

Yes I know, that was heavy sarcasm, I actually thought she was super annoying, she never gave me useful information, I was always mashing A to try to get the conversations with her done as soon as I could.

Also, when did Ghirahim ever say that Link is a "soft boy"? And, really, a pedophile? Seriously?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_RXFIO0U8k Skip to 3:35. Also the tounge thing around 3:15 isn't creepy at all.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Yes I know, that was heavy sarcasm, I actually thought she was super annoying, she never gave me useful information, I was always mashing A to try to get the conversations with her done as soon as I could.

Fi had lots of useful information. Granted, most of it was optional, so it's typically not the main stuff you're going to hear her say, but it's still there. Of course, I never really needed it, but I wanted to see how in-depth Fi would go with it, because we didn't have enemy scans for two straight 3D games, and we'd never had a character that could give us detailed information about the surrounding environment whenever we wanted. There's also a thing called seeing everything a game has to offer so that you don't make any inaccurate judgements. It's a practice I partake in quite frequently -- as in every game I play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_RXFIO0U8k Skip to 3:35. Also the tounge thing around 3:15 isn't creepy at all.

If you're gonna interpret that as a pedo vibe, then you have some issues. He's clearly calling him the equivalent of a pansy -- a weakling. He was literally toying with Link the entire time. He EASILY could have killed him.

The tongue thing is also SUPPOSED to be creepy. That's the entire point of it -- and it's not like he licked Link's ear. It's also not at the 3:15 mark.

D

Deleted member 14134

Fi had lots of useful information. Granted, most of it was optional, so it's typically not the main stuff you're going to hear her say, but it's still there. Of course, I never really needed it, but I wanted to see how in-depth Fi would go with it, because we didn't have enemy scans for two straight 3D games, and we'd never had a character that could give us detailed information about the surrounding environment whenever we wanted. There's also a thing called seeing everything a game has to offer so that you don't make any inaccurate judgements. It's a practice I partake in quite frequently -- as in every game I play.

If you're gonna interpret that as a pedo vibe, then you have some issues. He's clearly calling him the equivalent of a pansy -- a weakling. He was literally toying with Link the entire time. He EASILY could have killed him.

The tongue thing is also SUPPOSED to be creepy. That's the entire point of it -- and it's not like he licked Link's ear. It's also not at the 3:15 mark.

Alright sure that's your opinion and I respect that. I also said "around 3:15, so a few seconds later ain't that bad. But I see your still hunting me down because you can't respect that my opinion is different than yours. Anyways, I don't really want to argue, you have your opinions and Ill keep my inaccurate judgments and we can leave it at that.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Alright sure that's your opinion and I respect that. I also said "around 3:15, so a few seconds later ain't that bad. But I see your still hunting me down because you can't respect that my opinion is different than yours. Anyways, I don't really want to argue, you have your opinions and Ill keep my inaccurate judgments and we can leave it at that.

I'm not hunting you down, lol. I was just genuinely curious as to why you got a pedophile vibe from a character that clearly wasn't a pedophile.

I don't care if you don't like Skyward Sword. You've just said some odd things, which brings me to question them. That's all. Sorry I came off as a predator.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
groose-and-link-fall-o.gif

I would say that Groose is my favourite character. He added some levity and certainly had style.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Groose because... obvious reasons. He has great Personality, standard development (which is above average for Zelda characters), and is legitimately funny. He's so stereotypical bully, but I love stereotypes when they're done well so I applaud Groose and all his Groose-ness (not a word).

Another way of looking at it is that I felt everything I was supposed to with Groose, which I didn't for most of the characters in SS. When I was supposed to find Groose annoying, I found him annoying. When I was supposed to like him, I liked him. It really pleases me when the story successfully makes me feel what it wants me to feel.

My favorite characters in Skyward Sword are Fi and Demise. I like everything about Fi, including her 'robotic' nature. I feel as though I'm the only one who gets her and what Nintendo was trying to do with her character. I guess I'm attracted to the fact that she's kind of misunderstood. I also found Demise to be an all-around interesting character. It was not only cool-looking and partially inspired by one of Shinto mythology's coolest 'gods' but it also made for a cool, climatic, traditional sword fight. Its status as the amorphous, abstract source of all evil makes it a unique addition to the series' villains.

Ah, he's kind of a minor character, but I really liked Owlan. Since scientific knowledge is fairly primitive in the Legend of Zelda series, it's nice to see characters like him who love doing research and making discoveries and the like. He's also a fellow plant-lover, so extra points there. So he has a pretty cool personality, and is intelligent, likes plants... takes in a Kikwi as a roommate... Like, how awesome is that?
[sub][sub][sub][sub]Also, he's really hot.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

Scrapper is a close second. Because he's hilarious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom