• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite rendition of the main theme

Which version of the main theme is your favorite? (applying to overworld)

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Majora's Mask

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Link b/w Worlds ver. 1

• Link b/w Worlds ver. 2

• other

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
The all time classic tune that is the overworld theme from the first The Legend of Zelda has been brought back and remade so many times. But which version of this song over the years has been your favorite? For this thread, I'm talking specifically as it applies to an overworld theme. Also, I'd rather keep it to just zelda games, but if there's another version out there that you really love from a different game, then you can give it a mention too.

Mido

Version 1
I'd say it's a toss-up between ALTTP and MM for me. The former I consider the most iconic outside the original game, but the latter doubles down on "iconic-ness" in a superb manner. The familiar opener of Hyrule Field's segue into the series's main theme is something I find simply awesome, and it's a great piece of music. While I'm not the most ardent fan of MM (mostly due to not having played most of it), I cannot deny that I very much enjoy the Termina Field rendition of the series main theme. In the end, MM gets my vote.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
Applying to the overworld? Termina Field in Majoras Mask

In the entire series? The opening in Oracle if Ages

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Nothing beats the original.

From the first chords of the opening, to the beat of the build up to the start of the main body of the theme itself, nothing gets me pumped like the original title theme.

I never really liked the rather shoddy sounding chords of ALttP's main theme and the smashing cymbals always sounds gaudy to me.

Ocarina of Time's theme is good. The best iteration outside of the original theme. It's got a whole lot going on with it. I like how it alternates style from rousing strings to raucous crescendo and down to a slower more pleasant melody throughout the day. And of course appending the lilting Sun's Song and that lovely little stringing prelude is a nice touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom