• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite re-occurring item in Zelda?

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
What are your favorite items that keep popping up from game to game?

Things like Bombs, the Hookshot, Boomerang, Bow, Magic Rods of various kinds, world-warping items such as the Magic Mirror, are all fair game!

Personally,one of my favorite items is the Korok Leaf, but since that isn't really a recurring item (yet, come on Nintendo bring it back for BotW2!)
I've gotta give it over to the Hookshot. With the exception of the DS games (Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks) the Hookshot is generally superior to the Boomerang in every way, functions similarly to a bow in a lot of cases, and allows for backtrack-based secrets (heart pieces!) in old areas through the ability to move yourself and enemies across rooms. The existence of a hookshot in a Zelda game adds depth and replayability to the experience.

I give exception to the DS Boomerangs because they magically follow a physics-defying path drawn by the player, which can be QUITE long, allowing for all kinds of crazy tricks and minor enemy stunlocking. In those games, I really liked sending 'ol Boomerang out on long missions to grab rupees and smack switches multiple times to run through dungeons. But, since those mechanics only exist on DS, I give it to Hookshot overall.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
I'll be boring and say the Master Sword because it's always exciting to get. Except for in Skyward Sword.

The Spirit doth spake the truth! Getting the Master Sword fully upgraded in A Link to the Past really made me feel powerful. You go from needing to hit Pyramid of Power enemies dozens of times to kill them to being able to wipe them in only a few hits. Each upgrade of the sword makes you feel a little more confident. Similarly in other games, where just having the higher power of the Sword that Seals the Darkness lets you really fight enemies with impunity.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
The hookshot/grappling hook, theres something really nice about being able to shoot across the map via it, i'd love if it made a return for BOTW2, Technically the Korok Leaf has returned a few times @Storm_Echo if we expand on it as a gliding item then SS and BOTW had it, but i'd prefer a magical leaf over a sailcloth.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
The hookshot/grappling hook, theres something really nice about being able to shoot across the map via it, i'd love if it made a return for BOTW2, Technically the Korok Leaf has returned a few times @Storm_Echo if we expand on it as a gliding item then SS and BOTW had it, but i'd prefer a magical leaf over a sailcloth.

Technically correct is the best kind of correct!

I do think that besides BotW, the "sailcloth" items available in-game have not been particularly impressive... it was a pretty clunky mechanic up until Skyward Sword, and it only had limited uses there because of the availability of Loftwings for much of the game. In Breath of the Wild it plays a major part in mobility and puzzle solving, making it a FAR better item overall, but definitely not even close to the bow / hookshot / boomerang / bombs etc. in the overall franchise history

I think the bow has to be mentioned.
There's usually tons of puzzles relating to the bow (even if most of them involve shooting an eye on the wall) and just generally having the bow in combat to pick enemies off at a distance is always fun.
Loved getting the bow in Wind Waker & Majora's Mask the most, felt instantly more powerful with it and getting elemental arrows after each dungeon was always a bonus not to mention one-shotting practically everything with light arrows.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I will have to say the bows and the master sword. It’s always a big moment when you get the great sword, like in BotW and TP. I feel special once I get it. it’s my favorite.

Like GoronGainz said, I like bows because of the different elements, Fire, ice, and light

My favourite reoccurring item is actually the bow and arrow. That may seem like a boring answer, but it's honestly my favourite gear item. The bombs are pretty good too, but I feel they are a staple of this series by now but I guess you could say the same thing of the bow and arrow.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
You would think my favorite item would be the Master Sword....

Well, you'd be right!

I like swords, what can I say?

In terms of the sword in the game, I feel Fable Blades did a much better Master Sword than the games did:

Forum.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom